Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What did you think of the design of Rhosgobel?
Poll: What did you think of the design of Rhosgobel?
Loved it
Liked it
Neutral
Not too keen
It was ridiculous
View Results (57 votes)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Mar 8 2013, 9:06pm

Post #1 of 9 (307 views)
Shortcut
What did you think of the design of Rhosgobel? Can't Post

What did you think of my house, fellow Elves/Dwarves/Men/Spirits/Servants of Sauron/Older and fouler things? I ask this because I know that a lot of people liked it, while many said that it looked like something from a Tim Burton movie.

Personally I thought the design was brilliantly quirky and cleverly contrived, with a great backstory to it (Concerning the oak tree growing through it). What are your thoughts?

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 9 2013, 2:46am

Post #2 of 9 (240 views)
Shortcut
I loved it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to have a little place like that. Rhosgobel looked quaint, quirky, yet functional. There are little things that caught my attention, (although mostly from pictures I find online--it's been a while since I've seen AUJ, and it is no longer playing in my local theaters). The sink with the fire underneath, the hanging star thing? A bed that looked like it was made of tree limbs, and I think I remember a couple of chairs, in case anyone comes to visit (like Gandalf). And someone thought they saw a microscope on a windowsill! I can't wait for the DVD to come out now and get a better look!

Thanks, Radagast-Aiwendil :)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Mar 9 2013, 6:34pm

Post #3 of 9 (194 views)
Shortcut
Neutral for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't think it was brilliant, but I didn't think it was horrible either. I think it's partly that it's not at all how I ever imagined Rhosgobel. Not that I really know what I imagined, but the movie version was certainly cookier than I had thought it would be. But I think it worked fine for the way they portrayed Radagast.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 9 2013, 9:41pm

Post #4 of 9 (221 views)
Shortcut
I liked it [In reply to] Can't Post

A bit hap-hazard, but why wouldn't it? I particularly like that the tree had grown through the building. I hope we get to see more of it. I can't imagine they built that entire set for a 30 second appearance in AUJ.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2013, 2:48pm

Post #5 of 9 (140 views)
Shortcut
I thought it was great. [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved the idea of Radagast's house having the tree growing through it, and all the animals that sheltered in it. Also I enjoyed the varied interesting assortment of scientific/magical instruments strewn around in it. And it was a great match to the look and behavior of the Radagast character in the movie.

Annael
Half-elven

Mar 10 2013, 4:38pm

Post #6 of 9 (127 views)
Shortcut
Okay [In reply to] Can't Post

didn't knock my socks off like Hobbiton, RIvendell, and the palace Under the Mountain did, but it worked.

imin
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 4:56pm

Post #7 of 9 (156 views)
Shortcut
Yeah basically the same for me [In reply to] Can't Post

Not great but for the movie version of Radagast it suited.

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 4:32pm

Post #8 of 9 (75 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfect for the tone they were going for.

Lopsided, quirky, sweet and honoring the landscape around it.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 9:48pm

Post #9 of 9 (99 views)
Shortcut
Eh, didn't do much for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was ok, i guess. Certainly at the bottom of my 'favorite locations/architecture of Jackson's Middle Earth' list, though (which, granted, is a lot to live up to).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.