Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Dis fanfiction (script style)

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 7 2013, 3:11am

Post #1 of 9 (411 views)
Shortcut
Dis fanfiction (script style) Can't Post

Yeah, I know people don't look kindly on fanfiction, but I hope they'll make an exception here. This is a scene that I envision for the movie, so it's written in the style of a script. Now if you haven't read the book, don't read this fic! It contains spoilers for the end of the book!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8994785/1/The-Return

Sorry, I just can't get the hand of doing links here. Unsure

Any kind of constructive feedback is appreciated. ^_^

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Mar 7 2013, 5:44pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 7 2013, 9:01am

Post #2 of 9 (249 views)
Shortcut
Clickable link [In reply to] Can't Post

Type:

{url "http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8994785/1/The-Return"}Link to my script{/url}

or

{url}http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8994785/1/The-Return{/url}

Replacing any { and } for [ and ].

Smile

It would have been nice to have a flashback of Thorin rounding up all the Dwarves at the beginning of AUJ. That way, we could have seen Dis (and even Gimli for that matter). Presumably Dis died since she was never mentioned again.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 7 2013, 5:46pm

Post #3 of 9 (226 views)
Shortcut
If you're in advanced editor, [In reply to] Can't Post

you can make a clickable link by highlighting the words that you want to make into a link, then clicking on the link tool (look at the menu line immediately above your text then click on the very last image, which looks like three connected chain links) and paste your URL into the dialogue box that appears.

There are plenty of fan-fiction writers here, so feel free to share yours!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 8 2013, 12:14am

Post #4 of 9 (226 views)
Shortcut
*face palm* [In reply to] Can't Post

I should have known that. Well, now I feel like an idiot. Unsure

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 8 2013, 8:20am

Post #5 of 9 (241 views)
Shortcut
There are no idiots here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just sharp, smart and snarky TORn-ers only! Wink

It took me ages to work it out as well.

Have you written any other fan-fiction?

Smile

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 8 2013, 10:27pm

Post #6 of 9 (263 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took a while to figure it out. Now I just need to remember. Unsure

I used to write fanfiction, but it was a very long time ago. Back then it was mostly anime. I am working on a Doctor Who fanfic. Something that is more to amuse me than anyone else, though I will still post it on fanfiction.net when I finally complete it.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 12 2013, 1:48pm

Post #7 of 9 (172 views)
Shortcut
I really like it. [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one of the best ideas regarding Dis in the story I've read. I like the fact that is starts out so happily but ends so sadly. It would be a very nice and poignant ending.

I doubt Dis is ever going to be in TH. Unsure

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards because a refusal often offends." - Terry Pratchett

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Mar 12 2013, 1:50pm)

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 12 2013, 8:39pm

Post #8 of 9 (192 views)
Shortcut
Dis is never mentioned [In reply to] Can't Post

But I have always thought that she was still alive by the end of The Hobbit. It would have been nice if Tolkien mentioned if she was alive or dead, but I guess he didn't find it important. And that leaves it up to the reader to determine what happened to her.

But, I do agree with you, we won't ever see her. I doubt that even her name will be mentioned. Unsure

But thanks for commenting of my fanfic! I'm glad that others like it. ^_^

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 24 2013, 11:44am

Post #9 of 9 (181 views)
Shortcut
Quite good [In reply to] Can't Post

and very sad. Nicely done Ryuoko.

I still hope for a bit more Erebor and perhaps a peak at Dis on the extended edition.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.