Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Interview with Richard Armitage on UK TV this morning
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 12:07pm

Post #1 of 44 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Interview with Richard Armitage on UK TV this morning Can't Post

This is one for us fangirls and those suffering with TDS (Thorin Deprivation Syndrome)! I hope this link works for you all. RA gives nothing away about DoS or TABA but there is some fun set/cast story, including how long it takes Thorin to do his hair!! I also liked the idea of him getting the giggles about having to fight a large green bean bag- meant to be a warg. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Mar 7 2013, 12:32pm

Post #2 of 44 (524 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting this! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 12:39pm

Post #3 of 44 (519 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

It brightened up my day, so thought I'd spread it around! I also say thanks to ShireHorse for her post re this in the Twitter interview thread, which alerted me to the fact that he was doing this interview. I don't normally watch breakfast TV and am usually at work, so I would not have known about it otherwise

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 7 2013, 12:49pm

Post #4 of 44 (533 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for posting the link – nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 7 2013, 12:59pm

Post #5 of 44 (548 views)
Shortcut
Ooh now I'm trying to figure out [In reply to] Can't Post

which segment of the warg attack scene they showed was filmed as a pick-up against a green screen and which was filmed outside.
He's right - it's done so well, you can't detect where the switch happens. At least I couldn't!

Thanks for sharing!

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 1:17pm

Post #6 of 44 (518 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad I alerted you, elaen! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing much new. I wonder if she was warned not to pump him about The Hobbit or did she just miss her chance?

Nice to see the beard growing again!

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 1:23pm

Post #7 of 44 (524 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the beard is in evidence! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's at the stage of looking rather rakeish and too darned attractive by far on RA's face. Thanks again Shirehorse!

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 1:48pm

Post #8 of 44 (525 views)
Shortcut
We also got [In reply to] Can't Post

the quirky raised left eyebrow and some chest hair. I had to go back and check that out after a poster underneath the vid mentioned it. Ah, the hardship, LOL!

OK, all the men can go away and study another thread. But, can I say that you guys have all been remarkably tolerant so far and I would like to thank you for your good manners/humour.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 1:56pm

Post #9 of 44 (529 views)
Shortcut
I agree that the men have been very tolerant [In reply to] Can't Post

If we're honest, if they started discussing the intimate details of one of the female characters in the same way, many of us ladies would be crying " sexist!" We'll just have to see how they react to Tauriel

andwise
Rivendell

Mar 7 2013, 2:49pm

Post #10 of 44 (473 views)
Shortcut
excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for that elaen32.I've usually left the house by then so that was good to catch up on.what a top chap he is.thorin couldn't have been cast any better in my opinion Smile

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 3:30pm

Post #11 of 44 (466 views)
Shortcut
Without a doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

all of these are really designed for the release of the dvd/Br release. All of them have been told what they can't talk about. Even the interviewers are told not to dicuss film 2 from what I understand.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 3:40pm

Post #12 of 44 (459 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much for posting this!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, RA is such a fantastic gentleman, both intelligent and handsome! Unfortunately for me, I had a hard time understanding what the interviewer was saying with the accent that I'm not used to hearing. Fortunately I could understand everything RA said! Hmmm, I hope "Black Sky" shows over here in the U.S. I'll have to check it out. Looks like he's starting to grow the beard back, getting ready to head back to NZ. I'm glad to hear he's interested in getting back on stage. So many British actors have the classical theater background, and it really shows in the quality of their acting. Thanks again for posting this interview!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 4:04pm

Post #13 of 44 (482 views)
Shortcut
"Gentleman" seems to be the word [In reply to] Can't Post

most frequently used about him. He's always so nice to everyone he meets. A fellow actor, Clive Standen, who was with him in the Robin Hood series, tweeted a couple of days ago:

Clive Standen@CliveStanden 1hr

Great to bump into my old pal Richard Armitage on flight back from NYC...He hasn't changed a bit...A gentleman.

He seems almost surprised that he hasn't become an arrogant pain now that he's "famous" but I can't see that ever happening.

Not surprised you didn't understand Lorraine, LOL! She has quite a broad Scottish accent. I suppose that, over the years, we've tuned in to her.

Marionette
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 4:46pm

Post #14 of 44 (435 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice watching!

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 5:52pm

Post #15 of 44 (427 views)
Shortcut
I think its bordering obsessive now [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 5:56pm

Post #16 of 44 (402 views)
Shortcut
Not sure that there's any "bordering" about it!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 7 2013, 6:04pm

Post #17 of 44 (404 views)
Shortcut
I loved listening to her accent. [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of her words skittered right by my ears without making sense, but it didn't really matter as it was delightful to just listen to her.

RA comes across as a bit bashful, doesn't he?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

shadowdog
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 6:25pm

Post #18 of 44 (439 views)
Shortcut
Interesting but worrying note [In reply to] Can't Post

He says that it went from 2 to 3 movies because Peter didn't want to save the footage for an EE??? Does that mean we won't get EEs??? Unsure

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 6:26pm

Post #19 of 44 (410 views)
Shortcut
First one to rise to the bait, Lusitano, LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's not obsessive but this might be. Here you go, ladies. Photo of him in the Green Room:

http://www.whosay.com/...rraine/photos/302081

And a whole load of clips for in-depth study:

http://richardarmitagecentral.co.uk/...336035&g2_page=2

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 6:41pm

Post #20 of 44 (388 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm, these are very nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I particularly like the quirky left eyebrow! But being serious (sort of) for a moment, I've been a fan of Richard for some years- well since North & South really. I don't usually obsess about actors or other celebrities, but I think it is because, as others have stated, not only is he very handome, good actor etc, but he always comes over as being a really nice person. He is pretty self effacing when interviewed, but not falsely modest IMO and seems to have a range of other interests outside of acting. In other words, he seems an all round genuine nice guy! I think the only other actor I've obsessed over to similar degree is Viggo Mortensen- nuff said!

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 7 2013, 6:45pm

Post #21 of 44 (387 views)
Shortcut
We're still getting an EE for AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no doubt that some scenes in AUJ, and the next two films, would have been cut and put in an EE. The new structure has definitely allowed more scenes to stay in. However, they've still managed to squeeze an EE out of AUJ. We'll get ones for the other two as well. They just wont contain 50 mins of extra footage.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 7 2013, 6:53pm)

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 6:50pm

Post #22 of 44 (377 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't worry too much , shadowdog [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the EE's are safe. I think what RA was saying was that they had so much extra material, which had been shot in 3D 48FPS, which PJ felt would have been a waste to just use for 2, say, 4 hour EE's, so he decided to expand it into 3 shorter TE's. Even so,they still had footage over, but not as much as for the LOTR EEs and this remaining footage is supposed to be going into the EE (see previous thread with Philippa Boyens interview)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 7:57pm

Post #23 of 44 (369 views)
Shortcut
ealan32 : [In reply to] Can't Post

there is and you girls have crossed beyond ....Wink

Shirehorse : I am the first? Really? How interesting...

To me it puts me off...i dont obsess about beautifull actresses so this whole fangirl squeeeee and OMG sighing over someone one doenst know...seems exotic to me. I havent done that since i was a teenager, and i do believe the cleavage was more generous. Tongue

I read a summary of ra's acting skills in the thranduill being a b***h scene, about how one can tell his amazing acting through the subatomic movements of his eyebrows and chin movements...i found it hilarious.

Personally, i dont think ive seen anything of him that caught my interest, and i love cinema and gifted acting.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 8:31pm

Post #24 of 44 (350 views)
Shortcut
You seem to have misunderstood my meaning [In reply to] Can't Post

when I said "there's no bordering about it". I meant what you said, ie that the border has been crossed re RA obsession among "us girls". BlushHowever, it's just a bit of fun- most of us have very responsible outside lives/jobs and meaningful relationships with our partners- it's not as if we think of RA all the time when we're not on TORn (well I certainly don't). Anyhow, I don't really want to argue re the merits or otherwise of RA etc. I posted the link because I saw the interview, knew there would be people interested and who would enjoy it, as I did. I gave my OP a clear title as to what it contained and stated that there was nothing new re the movies in it.Cool Personally speaking when I don't think somebody's post/thread looks of interest to me , I don't bother reading it. Life is too short.....

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 8:52pm

Post #25 of 44 (332 views)
Shortcut
ah i misunderstood. [In reply to] Can't Post

clearly you are far gone.Tongue

Oh please dont feel as though i was suggesting you spent half your day day dreaming about RA. I know people dont do that....but...after having seen the level of obsessiveness on other websiites, i am not surprised by anything really..Wink

But even in terms of just a bit of fun, personally, i think every jokes has its expiration date and salivating and joking over RA is just yesterdays news. Tongue

Oh but it was of interest to me, i had to say something about this madness....

PS : Now, you gnetle lady go : madness? .....THIS ......IS......RA GIRL CLUB!!

Throws boiled tattoes at me....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.