Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Twitter Interview with Richard Armitage tomorrow.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 7 2013, 2:20am

Post #51 of 64 (153 views)
Shortcut
Enough said. Thanks Ham Sammy [In reply to] Can't Post

going to just erase that one from the memory files. (bzzzzz) Good lord I hope he doesn't think that's one of us....gack. Our shenanigans a bit more PG 13.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 7 2013, 2:21am)

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 7 2013, 2:23am

Post #52 of 64 (149 views)
Shortcut
As Hammy said [In reply to] Can't Post

It's fanfiction. "Slash" fic to be exact. Bagginsheild means that the story features Bilbo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the stories usually involve. I don't read those kind of fics myself, nor do I write that kind of fanfiction. And it's rather hard to find decent fics that aren't either slash or "insert" fics. Unsure

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 7 2013, 2:29am

Post #53 of 64 (147 views)
Shortcut
Ok skin crawling now [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to say it's why I avoid fan fiction. Thanks very much for the info ryouku.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 2:33am

Post #54 of 64 (142 views)
Shortcut
I just can't [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are just a bridge to far for me. I'll never forget wayyyy long time ago, back in the days of the Xfiles I ran across some message board site where someone was writing slash/fic. Completely ruined my enjoyment of the darned series. I do not need that visual image..so you're right. Like Bilbo in Bag End "Nope"....

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 7 2013, 2:47am

Post #55 of 64 (140 views)
Shortcut
Now not all of it is bad [In reply to] Can't Post

As I stated, I write it myself. But I avoid slash. Don't like it, won't write it. You just have to be careful when you look.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 3:03am

Post #56 of 64 (136 views)
Shortcut
Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

The slash is not for me at all. There is some fic (some of the Sherlock fic in particular) which is very good which is not slash. That I can handle. The sort feature is your friend :)

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Dwarf Cupcake
The Shire

Mar 7 2013, 3:58am

Post #57 of 64 (115 views)
Shortcut
You're Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Sorry if this is so late...) It was kind of hard coming up with the wording since there is a 140 character limit to Twitter, but I tried!Cool I'm following a few of the Dwarves there, plus Luke Evans, and I think Sir Ian too (He hasn't posted in a while--understandably!--but I'm pretty sure he's on my list) Now, has someone posted a transcript of this delight somewhere? It's dropped off my feed...Unsure

Not All those who wander are lost...

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 4:58am

Post #58 of 64 (113 views)
Shortcut
I confess my complete ignorance when it comes to Twitter [In reply to] Can't Post

So I am reading some of the responses here, and am I to assume you can actually see these people as they are responding to the questions? I ask because of your statements, "The look of horror on RA's face was priceless!!" and "Both AS and JN looked like they were having fun with the questions. RA just answered the questions straight"

The only pic I've seen of them has been the one that was posted earlier, with RA sitting in the middle with the laptop.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 5:08am

Post #59 of 64 (113 views)
Shortcut
Ah, I see. Thank you for this information. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's no wonder there isn't much depth to Twitter. There isn't enough space to say anything really interesting, and having three of the actors there at the same time, sharing the time they were given plus the built-in restrictions of how much you can say, was really limiting! I do love the fact that the other actors were there, but I think then they should have been allowed more time for more questions. But as you say, it's still fun, being handed these bits at least, so I'm grateful.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Mar 7 2013, 5:09am)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 5:20am

Post #60 of 64 (121 views)
Shortcut
No that one pic was all there was [In reply to] Can't Post

We were just referring moreso to the style. The one picture was all there was but you could tell RA was intently looking at the #askthorin feed. LOL. And yes, Twitter is pretty shallow. But it does allow you to get a small glimpse and sometimes it can be entertaining and useful. I follow The Sherlock Set Floor which is a parody account run by someone over there associated with the Sherlock series (Gatiss, Moffatt, someone) and it is completely hilarious. It's the floor sending messages about how it feels about various things related to the show. It is so funny it just makes my day. The parody accounts are actually pretty entertaining. I also use it to follow a couple of non profits and charities I work with. They send out messages when they have needs (like "family of six just arrived at shelter. Need shoes and blankets"). That kind of thing is very helpful.

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 5:31am

Post #61 of 64 (106 views)
Shortcut
I must confess also [In reply to] Can't Post

a Twitter feed by Gatiss and/or Moffatt would be beyond belief! I'm laughing just thinking about the possibilities!! Laugh

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2013, 5:36am

Post #62 of 64 (106 views)
Shortcut
Well we don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't know who is running it. But they are pretty hilarious and they pretend to be the set floor and all. It is absolutely hysterical. It is someone on the inside I think but don't know who.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 7 2013, 9:08am

Post #63 of 64 (110 views)
Shortcut
Great interview with RA [In reply to] Can't Post

just finished on Itv. No new info re DoS , he talks about returning to NZ for 10 weeks for pick ups . He seems really excited about it.
For all Thorin hair fans, he reveals if takes 30 mins compared to 90 mins for the make up. He is starting to regrow the beard and looks v v nice. I will try to post the link to the interview later. ITV take a couple of hours to put shows on line.

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 8 2013, 1:59am

Post #64 of 64 (62 views)
Shortcut
Sorry I took so long to respond [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I miswrote. There was only one pic at the very beginning when they had arrived. As for the statement of AS and JN having fun, it was because of their responses. How they responded to the questions gave the impression that they were enjoying themselves. ^_^

Sorry for the confusion!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.