Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Arwen & Aragorn missing scene from TTT trailer

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 6 2013, 6:03am

Post #1 of 17 (913 views)
Shortcut
Arwen & Aragorn missing scene from TTT trailer Can't Post

I was just watching TTT trailer (yeah I'm a nerd) and at the 1:17 mark, there's a brief scene with Arwen and Aragorn that I'm 99.9% sure never made the movie and extended DVD. What gives? Is there a special extended extended dvd that I don't know about with this scene? The love story is one of my favorite aspects of the movie and I could not get enough of seeing Arwen and Aragorn together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-1Gtus7KQ

(This post was edited by ArwenU on Mar 6 2013, 6:06am)

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 6 2013, 7:07am

Post #2 of 17 (645 views)
Shortcut
It's a flashback [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a flashback to when they first met in Rivendell. It's hard to tell but Aragorn doesn't have a beard in the short clip.

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 6 2013, 4:46pm

Post #3 of 17 (574 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

How do you know this?

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 6 2013, 10:28pm

Post #4 of 17 (569 views)
Shortcut
It's mention in a list of deleted scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a list of deleted scenes on different websites all over the net they all mention "Beardless Aragorn" just google that I guess. there's no video of it I'm afraid except what you've already seen it's a pity I'd love to see it too and all the others. have you seen the original FOTR prologue that they showed to Miramax and other film studios? It's interesting too, very long and maybe confusing to someone who doesn't know the books

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Mar 6 2013, 10:49pm

Post #5 of 17 (559 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson mentioned it on one of the commentaries. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was originally supposed to be in the Fellowship of the Ring I think. Aragorn was going to have a flashback when they went to Lothlorien.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 6 2013, 11:02pm

Post #6 of 17 (525 views)
Shortcut
that would make sense [In reply to] Can't Post

and be a reference to a scene from the book cause he stands on the very hilltop where they met the second time and he was "lost in memory"

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 7 2013, 12:27am

Post #7 of 17 (526 views)
Shortcut
No I haven't seen the original prologue [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds intriguing. I tried searching but couldn't find anything. If you don't mind, can you post a link?

Thanks

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 12:40am

Post #8 of 17 (530 views)
Shortcut
Here It Is [In reply to] Can't Post

wow, I didn't think I'd actually find it on Youtube but here it is. it's all story board and pre-viz effects, It's also featured in the Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClF-W_oy06A

EDIT: I think this is where the shot of the two elf girls running in the forest would be

(This post was edited by Barrow-Wight on Mar 7 2013, 12:41am)

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 7 2013, 3:55am

Post #9 of 17 (495 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder who leaked that video. Great stuff.

In the book, weren't Arwen and Aragorn really young when they met? Do you think maybe PJ left out that scene because he hopes to one day make a full length movie of a bridge between TH and LOTR with different and younger actors playing Arwen and Aragorn? I know I heard PJ saying something about a bridge movie several years ago.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 4:21am

Post #10 of 17 (507 views)
Shortcut
quite an age difference [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn was 20 and Arwen was 2739 I think, I'm not sure though, No one leaked the video by the way it's in the extended edition DVD I heard about the bridge movie too but The Hobbit has been through a lot to get made into a film I remember wayback in 2008 I think when the original idea was to have a trilogy with the first two bieng the hobbit and the last being a bridge movie

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 7 2013, 4:55am

Post #11 of 17 (484 views)
Shortcut
darn [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping whoever leaked it might also leak the cut Arwen/Aragorn scene in Rivendell. Maybe we'll see it in the 20th anniversary edition. Smile

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 5:07am

Post #12 of 17 (535 views)
Shortcut
I think there's a lot of stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there's a lot of stuff they haven't released I wish they'd release gag reels cause I'm sure they messed up so many times filming these movies, there's lines that were replaced in ADR that would make Tolkien spin in his grave according to Elijah Wood. countless deleted scenes I'm sure storylines that were changed after they filmed it (Arwen in Lothlorien & Helm's Deep) One I thought was kinda interesting was when Sauron appears in a beautiful form to Aragorn at the Black Gate then he transforms into his regular self and they fight that's on the Return Of The King Extended DVD

ArwenU
The Shire

Mar 7 2013, 5:56am

Post #13 of 17 (484 views)
Shortcut
agree [In reply to] Can't Post

gag reels would be awesome. 15th anniversary ftw!

I suspect some members of TORN would have rioted if the Arwen at Helm's Deep scene had made it. lol

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 7 2013, 2:03pm

Post #14 of 17 (495 views)
Shortcut
If I am not mistaken... [In reply to] Can't Post

... PJ mentions in the commentary of FotR EE that they were not convinced with "young Aragorn". Viggo apparantly did not look young enough without the beard and it felt forced to them.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 7 2013, 10:23pm

Post #15 of 17 (476 views)
Shortcut
that makes sense [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess filmakers think Actor - beard = younger. It works for some people, but not so much for others lol

ghost_matt
Rivendell

Mar 9 2013, 12:47am

Post #16 of 17 (439 views)
Shortcut
gag reel [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually a gag reel was leaked onto youtube a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2-t4_qKPSo

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 10 2013, 9:58am

Post #17 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut
<High five for nerdiness> [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard about that scene. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that that is a scene of a very young Aragorn and Arwen, when they first met. Can't remember where I read about it. It's a nod to the appendices, I suppose.

Sorry if someone has already said this, but I post before I read everyone else's replies. Smile

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards because a refusal often offends." - Terry Pratchett

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Mar 10 2013, 10:00am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.