Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Rumour has it, the blu-ray has no black bars on top & bottom

AshNazg
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 6:18pm

Views: 1230
Shortcut
Rumour has it, the blu-ray has no black bars on top & bottom Can't Post

The Hobbit was shot in a way that it could be cropped to fill an IMAX screen. Apparently, because an IMAX screen is almost the same shape as a TV, they've decided to put the IMAX-cropped version on the Blu-Ray (or maybe just the 3D Blu-Ray?) to fill your TV too! If you're wondering what the result might look like. Here's some clips WB have uploaded from the Blu-Ray!

http://youtu.be/5ayH3BtNjNE

Note: This isn't the WRONG aspect ratio, it's just the IMAX version. The film was made to work in both ways.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Mar 6 2013, 6:19pm)

Subject User Time
Rumour has it, the blu-ray has no black bars on top & bottom AshNazg Send a private message to AshNazg Mar 6 2013, 6:18pm
    I said this might happen last year: QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 6 2013, 6:25pm
        Yep, I remember discussing this last summer... Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Mar 8 2013, 5:23pm
    When i saw the film Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Mar 6 2013, 6:28pm
    Sounds good to me. / / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 6 2013, 6:42pm
    I hope the EE has it in normal 2.35:1 ratio sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Mar 6 2013, 6:43pm
        I personally think this is a terrible idea, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 6 2013, 6:49pm
    i cant believe that. jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn Mar 6 2013, 6:59pm
        You have it the wrong way round... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 6 2013, 7:10pm
            nope im definitely right jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn Mar 6 2013, 7:14pm
                Both versions are "cropped", technically. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Mar 6 2013, 7:16pm
                    dont think they will remove the black bars by cropping Chopsta123 Send a private message to Chopsta123 Mar 7 2013, 2:18am
                This is only Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Mar 6 2013, 7:21pm
                Afraid not... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 6 2013, 7:22pm
    Chill everyone! The Blu-ray has the CORRECT aspect ratio. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Mar 6 2013, 7:07pm
        yep jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn Mar 6 2013, 7:10pm
        This is good to know... but as OP said it might just be the 3D version? // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 6 2013, 7:24pm
    I think it also depends on the TV Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Mar 6 2013, 8:14pm
        ??? sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 6 2013, 8:18pm
            I honestly don't know but Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Mar 7 2013, 7:57am
    Okay, but does it have a green tint? Nevrast Send a private message to Nevrast Mar 6 2013, 10:00pm
        The Green Tint JWPlatt Mar 7 2013, 1:07am
    3D JWPlatt Mar 7 2013, 1:03am
    well i don't see why not MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Mar 7 2013, 5:03am
        Schindler's List was filmed in 1.85:1 ratio though Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Mar 7 2013, 9:42am
            well their not.... MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Mar 8 2013, 5:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.