Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A Hobbit’s Tale Part 1: The Journey Begins and other exclusive specials

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 10:41am

Post #1 of 9 (822 views)
Shortcut
A Hobbit’s Tale Part 1: The Journey Begins and other exclusive specials Can't Post

Best Buy – Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
Buy’s exclusive comes with a documentary titled: “A Hobbit’s Tale Part 1: The Journey Begins”

Wal-Mart – Blu-ray™ Book Combo Pack
Bonus content includes .. 4 exclusive bonus featurettes entitled The Journey Back to Middle-earth, Bilbo and The Riddle Game, Gandalf and the White Council, and Thorin and the “Song of the Lonely Mountain” accessible digitally through Vudu

where does this exclusive stuff come from???

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 2:44pm

Post #2 of 9 (292 views)
Shortcut
I've done the preorders for both version but only got the Walmart access code to work ;( [In reply to] Can't Post

For the 4 featurettes "the journey back to Middle-earth" is essentially this 13 minute special http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mluqKefrB00 released sometime early December with maybe a few added bits. (on the web extra it is 16ishinutes long) Thorin and The Lonely Mountain is a nice little music video with shots of the film to Neil Finn's credit song. The other two (Gandalf and the White Council and The Riddle Game)from what I can tell are essentially new mini featurettes they were both between 3 and 4 minutes long and have Behind the Scenes footage as well as interviews but don't really give us much of anything substansial.

Can't vouch for the journey begins part one yet so if anyone could pipe in I'd be much appreciative! Wink

(This post was edited by The Grey Pilgrim on Mar 6 2013, 2:45pm)

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 2:55pm

Post #3 of 9 (275 views)
Shortcut
thanks! love the 13 minute special... [In reply to] Can't Post

i want more...far more of that!!!

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 2:57pm

Post #4 of 9 (250 views)
Shortcut
No problem, and Yesss! I am salivating for those EE bonus features [In reply to] Can't Post

We needs it now! Frown

Owain
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2013, 5:08pm

Post #5 of 9 (217 views)
Shortcut
I've looked all over the web... [In reply to] Can't Post

and can't seem to find a SteelBook BluRay in the US.

Does anyone know if there will be a SteelBook BluRay for the US?

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 6 2013, 5:28pm

Post #6 of 9 (213 views)
Shortcut
Wal-Mart [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to end up with multiple copies of the TE to get a few of the covers. However, I did my initial PO from WM to get one of the cards (managed to get all three) and have watched the videos. The Journey is the 16 min one we saw a while back and the others are about 5 mins each. All of them good but I expect they will all be on the EE when it comes out.

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 6 2013, 6:53pm

Post #7 of 9 (177 views)
Shortcut
and i want it on disc and not a link to something! [In reply to] Can't Post

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2013, 8:12pm

Post #8 of 9 (154 views)
Shortcut
My though exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems a rather cheap way to go. Maybe it was a timing issue-- the footage was not ready by the time the dvd/blu-ray had to go to press.

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 6 2013, 10:00pm

Post #9 of 9 (150 views)
Shortcut
I thought I read on another thread that there wouldn't be a US steelbook [In reply to] Can't Post

But I could be wrong; I've read so many posts about so many different versions in so many different places, I'm lucky I remembered to order one for myself.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.