Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Twitter Interview with Richard Armitage tomorrow.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 5 2013, 7:48pm

Post #1 of 64 (1083 views)
Shortcut
Twitter Interview with Richard Armitage tomorrow. Can't Post

Richard Armitage can be more forthcoming than some other members of the cast, so now's our chance to pump him for answers to numerous questions that have been bothering us. For instance, I don't tweet, but, if you look at our thread about the Bot5A, it's been suggested that it might be fought in snow. Now, there's a question where he might let slip an answer.

https://twitter.com/...s/309015180426223617

The Hobbit
Verified account
@TheHobbitMovie

Tomorrow, #RichardArmitage wants to answer YOUR fan questions! Send your questions now using #AskThorin! http://twitpic.com/c8x400

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2013, 7:56pm

Post #2 of 64 (549 views)
Shortcut
woo hoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm on board. Send those questions in. And again, try to make the good ones!

Is he doing interviews also like Martin did? And is TORN getting one?

No go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/12

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 5 2013, 8:15pm

Post #3 of 64 (544 views)
Shortcut
Well, he's back in the UK at the moment [In reply to] Can't Post

and will be appearing on Lorraine (ITV 8.30am - 9.30am) on Thursday morning. She's interviewed him before and they get on well together. Wonder if he's "bearding up yet" for NZ?

But, as I said, I don't tweet and so it's up to others to ask the questions. Any suggestions from those who also don't to those who do so that they can put them forward for us? They want the questions as of now.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2013, 8:20pm

Post #4 of 64 (532 views)
Shortcut
Here's mine [In reply to] Can't Post

@Ham_Sammy
#askThorin Will you or any of the rest of the cast be doing commentary for the DVD/Blu ray sets like was done for Lord of the Rings?

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 5 2013, 8:20pm)

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 5 2013, 8:21pm

Post #5 of 64 (501 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this info Shirehorse [In reply to] Can't Post

Will look out for this on Thursday

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 5 2013, 8:57pm

Post #6 of 64 (485 views)
Shortcut
That's a good question, Ham Sammy. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just discovered the list of questions. There are LOADS already and they include several marriage proposals, LOL! But some of them are questions I would have asked if I could.

Here you go:

https://twitter.com/...kThorin&src=typd

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 5 2013, 9:26pm

Post #7 of 64 (473 views)
Shortcut
ack! not only don't I tweet, but [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't even know how to look at this stuff. Will anyone here be posting the link to the Q&A's afterwards? I hope!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Mar 5 2013, 9:29pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2013, 9:28pm

Post #8 of 64 (466 views)
Shortcut
We can post a transcript Toby no worries. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you want me to ask a question for you let me know what it is and I'll tweet it. WB usually picks the questions he answers I think so no guarantees he'll answer but ask away if there's something you want and I'll send it up under my twitter handle.

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 5 2013, 9:29pm)

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 5 2013, 9:33pm

Post #9 of 64 (451 views)
Shortcut
Oh bless you Ham Sammy!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to ask: what was or will be the most difficult aspect of Thorin's character for you to portray and why?

I really appreciate this, so kind of you HamSammy! Even if my question isn't selected, it's nice to have the opportunity to ask it. Smile

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2013, 9:42pm

Post #10 of 64 (449 views)
Shortcut
Just for you! [In reply to] Can't Post

@Ham_Sammy
#askthorin what was or will be the most difficult aspect of Thorin's character for you to portray and why?

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 5 2013, 9:44pm)

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 5 2013, 10:09pm

Post #11 of 64 (420 views)
Shortcut
thank you thank you!! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmile

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 5 2013, 10:15pm

Post #12 of 64 (430 views)
Shortcut
Can you ask one for me Ham Sammy? I don't twitter either (except over hot Dwarves..) [In reply to] Can't Post

Q: Can you give us some insight into Thorin's walk to face Azog alone? What is he thinking?

Thanks so much Ham Sammy!!! Will anxiously await transcript.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 5 2013, 10:33pm

Post #13 of 64 (417 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't tweet, either, but I will try to access the interview if I can.

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2013, 10:46pm

Post #14 of 64 (403 views)
Shortcut
Actually... [In reply to] Can't Post

you can still follow along with the interview on Twitter, even if you don't have a Twitter account. All you need to do is google search: Twitter The Hobbit Movie. Several will appear in the search results, but the correct (verified) one has the username @TheHobbitMovie. A blue checkmark will be next to the name if you're unsure.

As RA answers questions, you can simply refresh your browser page every minute or two, and his responses will be updated.

Sorry if you're familiar with how to do this, but I figured that people who don't know would like to know how.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 5 2013, 10:53pm

Post #15 of 64 (395 views)
Shortcut
Very useful – thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe I may have come across Twitter things on the Internet, but not sure whether that is what they were, and don't really want to spend time finding out! I'm editing on my computer all the time, so try not to spend too much time on the Internet at other times.

Is Twitter the same as YouTube? People send me links to the latter sometimes…

Very dumb, I am. Unimpressed

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2013, 11:35pm

Post #16 of 64 (393 views)
Shortcut
Here you go [In reply to] Can't Post

@HamSammy
#askthorin Can you give us some insight into Thorin's walk to face Azog alone? What is he thinking?

Now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/12

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 5 2013, 11:38pm

Post #17 of 64 (382 views)
Shortcut
Your'e the best! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks ! Will try cats16 idea to follow along. Except for TORn I just don't do media stuff.

dik-dik
Lorien

Mar 5 2013, 11:39pm

Post #18 of 64 (378 views)
Shortcut
My only question would be Silmarillion-related, so I guess I'm sitting this one out... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Nor do I have a twitter account; some other time perhaps it is, then. Still, it's nice of these people to interact with the Tolkien fans. And it's very upcheering to see mutual acts of kindness among said fans as well. Thank you for your offer for my part as well, Ham Sammy, even if I cannot participate myself this time.

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me." ~ Paul Eddington

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 5 2013, 11:39pm

Post #19 of 64 (363 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tip is very appeciated cats16!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2013, 12:13am

Post #20 of 64 (407 views)
Shortcut
Martin and Richard are right [In reply to] Can't Post

Twitter is pretty stupid. honestly. The idiocy that occurs there sometimes is beyond the pale. I do follow the Sherlock Set Floor Twitter. It is a completely hilarious parody account posing as the Sherlock Set Floor (and obviously run by Moffat, Gatiss or someone) on the production. Too funny.

But i did have to laugh. A couple of people have asked Richard "What did you have for lunch"?

If you remember, in that Cinemax 60 seconds with Martin Freeman Richard asks Martin "Get a twitter account or keep what you had for lunch today to yourself" .. to which both Richard and Martin said they just didn't get twitter.

I think it's too funny that people are asking Richard what he had for lunch. :)

Now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/12

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 6 2013, 3:42am

Post #21 of 64 (327 views)
Shortcut
Its our culture [In reply to] Can't Post

I think for many people its a sanitized and idealized substitution for interactions. I'm not condemning it wholeheartedly, I just think its easy to get too drawn in. And of course the celebrity issue is a whole different story - if there are deep identification needs someone can feel like they are really "in touch" with someone they perceive (very probably) as a living image of their portrayed charactars. Weird blur between privacy and public in the cyber age.

Lunch? I mean who cares.

And thanks again for adding all our questions, Ham Sammy.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 6 2013, 3:43am)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2013, 3:58am

Post #22 of 64 (312 views)
Shortcut
It has it's place [In reply to] Can't Post

I use it to follow some non profits and charities I support and they tweet their needs etc. But Twitter limits you to 120 characters so it's not like you can say alot.

The celebrity issue honestly, I sort of agree with Martin and Richard on. I am not sure outside of promotion of a film or show why you would want it. Amanda Abbington had a pretty bad experience with it where she was getting death threats. She deleted her account. I have no doubt Martin will never have a twitter account after that. She was a ton of fun on it and it was great to read her tweets, but man it went downhill fast and I can see why she deleted it and won't return. On the other hand Ian McKellan has one and does fine with it as does Sean Astin and others. I guess it's just if you like that kind of thing or not.

It can be used for good, but it also can be used for some pretty immature things as well. I guess that's sort of like other things in life also. And you are right it does kind of blur reality. Some people think they really are interacting with that person's on screen persona. I mean it's kind of weird.

I also follow some news feeds for up to date information as well. I mostly follow, I don't tweet that much.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/12

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 6 2013, 4:04am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 6 2013, 4:10am

Post #23 of 64 (302 views)
Shortcut
Very true [In reply to] Can't Post

It's all in what's comfort for each person. Funny that in the FOTR (I think) commentary Sir Ian expressed to EW that he was surprised that he (EW) would expose on film his low-bitten nails, that it was such a personal detail. Yet Sir Ian, as you say, does social media. So its highly individual. Personally I am not that interested (excpet of course for these LOTR events, so a little hypocrisy!) I think TORn is different because of the community here and, of course, the unity in the subject matter.

I'm glad you get use from it though, and it seems like you do good in the world with it! Smile

cats16
Valinor

Mar 6 2013, 4:36am

Post #24 of 64 (289 views)
Shortcut
Yep, you bet! // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Valinor

Mar 6 2013, 4:43am

Post #25 of 64 (289 views)
Shortcut
Sure thing! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope everyone who wants to follow along has the means to do so.

Twitter usually acts as a dropping place for people to type in stream of consciousness form about anything. A lot of people simply try to "tweet" something (the act of using Twitter) in order to get other people to "retweet" them. It's comparable to "liking" a post on Facebook.

I don't blame you for not wanting to become more acclimated with Twitter, or anything similar to it. I try to limit my time online as much as possible...except for...here.Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.