Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
He aint tresspassing until he refuses to leave as requested by the owner of the land.

ElendilTheShort
Rohan

Mar 5 2013, 9:52am

Views: 206
Shortcut
He aint tresspassing until he refuses to leave as requested by the owner of the land. [In reply to] Can't Post

The assumption was that Thorin and Co were dead, and the mountain uninhabited. I will agree with you on this macfalk, it seems to me the reason to lay seige to the lonely mountain was tenuous at best for those of Laketown and entirely without just cause from Thranduil. Aiding the Lakemen is one thing, going to war on their behalf is another. This plot point has always concerned me, it is like the entire situation irrationally escalated.

Subject User Time
What is going to happen with Thranduil now...? (Spoilers) Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Mar 4 2013, 6:21pm
    Thranduil is a bit of a rotter anyway DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 4 2013, 6:32pm
        Yeah Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Mar 4 2013, 6:55pm
        The Elvenking is lovely! dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Mar 4 2013, 6:59pm
            Thranduil comes across far less jerk-y in the book than in the film DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 4 2013, 7:04pm
                I agree. In the book Thranduil Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 4 2013, 11:31pm
            Sorry, couldn't disagree more! macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 4 2013, 7:53pm
                He does give them plenty of food and water (not to mention shelter away from the spiders!) DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 4 2013, 8:15pm
                sorry macfalk Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 4 2013, 11:39pm
                    The Elvenking was one of the good guys Finrod Send a private message to Finrod Mar 5 2013, 1:45am
                        Also, Thranduil was very fond and respectful of Gandalf, and that is a mark of good character AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 5 2013, 10:00pm
                    I disagree marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Mar 5 2013, 2:18am
                        I think the imprisonment situation was epicly sad Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 5 2013, 2:24am
                            I don't know marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Mar 5 2013, 2:33am
                        Well, you see, I've always read it completely the other way dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Mar 5 2013, 11:05am
                        About captors. . . I must disagree. It matters how they treat, though I agree the isolation AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 5 2013, 9:58pm
                        You fail to take into account the power of a pretty face. lol. And of enchanting presence. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 5 2013, 10:06pm
                            Actually that's kind of my point marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Mar 6 2013, 12:50am
                                They were reasons. Whether or not they were good reasons is another matter. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 6 2013, 1:14am
                                    Bilbo and the elvenking Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Mar 6 2013, 11:06pm
                    You leave out one, but very vital detail macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 5 2013, 8:32am
                        He aint tresspassing until he refuses to leave as requested by the owner of the land. ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Mar 5 2013, 9:52am
                            Yeah macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 5 2013, 10:20am
                                I agree imin Send a private message to imin Mar 5 2013, 1:06pm
                        no sorry you are wrong Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 5 2013, 1:36pm
                            Investigate? Duty? macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 5 2013, 2:00pm
                                Dwarves and Elves Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 5 2013, 2:27pm
                                    I never said he was there for war and plunder. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 5 2013, 3:42pm
        Perhaps Thorin and Thranduil have more in common than is good for them Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 4 2013, 7:28pm
        Or for killing his stag in Mirkwood. Which isn't an unlikely speculation IMO // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 4 2013, 7:46pm
        Another thought about Thranduil finding out the purpose of why they are in Mirwkood DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 4 2013, 8:08pm
            I think the spell just knocks him out, doesn't it? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Mar 4 2013, 11:25pm
                In the book, I presume so. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 5 2013, 9:31am
    No idea Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Mar 4 2013, 7:02pm
    I'm Thinking Dwarf Cupcake Send a private message to Dwarf Cupcake Mar 4 2013, 11:05pm
    A thought on Thranduil that doesn't have much to do with his future Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Mar 5 2013, 9:59pm
    Re: Thranduil in DoS dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik Mar 6 2013, 1:29pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.