Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Don't you HATE the MGM lion roar? I do.

xxxyyy
Rohan

Mar 5 2013, 12:27am

Views: 821
Shortcut
Don't you HATE the MGM lion roar? I do. Can't Post

The beginning of the soundtrack is beyond awesomeness, it's pure perfection, IMHO.
I think they should have placed that roar before the movie started, not over the music. Or, better, just mute it.
First the music brings you inside the movie, like a Stargate, you are being demolecularized, you are accelerated at the spped of light, soon to reach Middle Earth... and then, BAM! you hit wall with your head.
Don't you think it's just a shame? and a desrespectful act against Shore's work?

http://energyfromthorium.com/

Subject User Time
Don't you HATE the MGM lion roar? I do. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Mar 5 2013, 12:27am
    I like it. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Mar 5 2013, 12:37am
        I am inclined to agree with you. I like the presence of the Lion AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 5 2013, 12:40am
            THX intro is the best ever imin Send a private message to imin Mar 5 2013, 1:15am
                Was going to say the same thing... SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Mar 5 2013, 2:18am
                I love that too! Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Mar 5 2013, 3:00am
                I like that one too, but macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Mar 5 2013, 8:45am
                    I agree imin Send a private message to imin Mar 5 2013, 9:21am
    I really like it // imin Send a private message to imin Mar 5 2013, 12:39am
    Hate JWPlatt Mar 5 2013, 12:43am
    I don't hate it-- sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 5 2013, 1:01am
    The yellow lion's eye closeup and the roar bookend Smaug's eye Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Mar 5 2013, 2:36am
    I have no issue with it Spencissimus Send a private message to Spencissimus Mar 5 2013, 2:40am
    The first time cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Mar 5 2013, 5:35am
    I have no reason to dislike it DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 5 2013, 7:28am
    If i said I hated it... Pipe Dream Send a private message to Pipe Dream Mar 5 2013, 8:04am
        Yeah, It's ok Kullervo Send a private message to Kullervo Mar 5 2013, 8:57am
    i know what you mean. andwise Send a private message to andwise Mar 5 2013, 9:31am
    Love it... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 5 2013, 1:57pm
    Good link to show how the MGM lion has changed throughout the years // imin Send a private message to imin Mar 5 2013, 2:06pm
    Ok, most of you pointed out the "visual aspect". And as for the 20th Century FOX intro... xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Mar 5 2013, 11:26pm
        its a good point. andwise Send a private message to andwise Mar 6 2013, 10:17am
    I'd be more upset for Howard et al if MORE new music of his arrangement had been used. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 6 2013, 2:18pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.