Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Jed Brophy talks Armageddon and The Hobbit

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 4 2013, 7:37am

Post #1 of 7 (299 views)
Shortcut
Jed Brophy talks Armageddon and The Hobbit Can't Post

There was an interview with Jed Brophy on Radio New Zealand National yesterday, which I thought folks here may enjoy. I often have trouble linking to their site, so I am trying out Ataahua's nifty trick to paste the links directly in. Fingers crossed!

More than 10 years on the pulp culture festival circuit with long time Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit actor, Jed Brophy. Get an insight into how conventions work and how Kiwis make them a lot more interesting than just signing autographs.

Download: Ogg Vorbis MP3 | Embed

(Multiple edits may indicate problems. Wink)

(This post was edited by Starling on Mar 4 2013, 7:39am)

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Mar 4 2013, 3:40pm

Post #2 of 7 (181 views)
Shortcut
What a classy guy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well-spoken, articulate, and thoughtful. Great interview -- thanks!

Did you note the part where he talks about Tolkien fans spending all year online discussing Tolkien's works and the movies? Makes me wonder if he lurks here sometimes. *waves hi to Jed, just in case*

I knew about the TentMoot fiasco as it unfolded, since I was planning on going too, and I'm so very sorry he got caught up in that travesty. Mad Poor guy! Bret McKenzie and the rest of the Black Seeds were planning on going too but fortunately found out that it had crashed and burned before they got on the plane for LA. The police station Jed mentions was only a few blocks from where I was living at the time. I should have invited him over -- they could have slept on my couch!

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 4 2013, 5:09pm

Post #3 of 7 (154 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I wondered [In reply to] Can't Post

if he was referring to this little neck of the woods as well.

Note to self: Don't read posts at 6am. I misread the last part of your post as the plane having 'crashed and burned'. Shocked

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 4 2013, 6:27pm

Post #4 of 7 (158 views)
Shortcut
It worked! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course I knew all along it would...

*cough*

He's a charming man, isn't he?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Mar 4 2013, 6:41pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 4 2013, 10:37pm

Post #5 of 7 (130 views)
Shortcut
Anyone Know just many Roles he played in LOTR? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering about That... yesterdey.
.Bom

sevilodorf
Gondor

Mar 5 2013, 2:22am

Post #6 of 7 (119 views)
Shortcut
Wikipedia references five [In reply to] Can't Post

A nazgul Sharku -- Snaga (Mr. They don't need their legs) , Warg Rider, and Bolingul Orc Captain of Mordor....

There are links to some photos....

More info from Tolkien Gateway
2001: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: Wandering Company elf, Black Rider

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

(This post was edited by sevilodorf on Mar 5 2013, 2:28am)

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 5 2013, 7:49am

Post #7 of 7 (107 views)
Shortcut
Yes, he is very nice [In reply to] Can't Post

And he loves horses. Smile

Of course your trick worked. You are all-powerful. Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.