Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
PJ has a skill for creating wonderful opening scenes

Nira
Lorien

Feb 27 2013, 8:05pm

Views: 228
Shortcut
PJ has a skill for creating wonderful opening scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

TT>FOTR>>AUJ>>RoTK

I love them all, but TT is stunning. It had to be difficult to figure out how to refresh the audience without being redundant, and also pick up where the story left off all seamlessly.

FoTR is a very close second. It is beautiful and does a good job of presenting a lot of information quickly. I love the connection with mountains fading into the map and the female Elvish over a black screen is perfect.

AUJ is less artful/stunning, but it's great for connecting in the LOTR, telling the history, and pleasing the audience. It does seem a little forced, but it works.

RoTK- It's needed info and well made. It just seems cut and pasted into the movie.

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Subject User Time
Best Opening Sequence Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian Feb 26 2013, 6:19am
    I find it very hard to choose between Starling Send a private message to Starling Feb 26 2013, 9:16am
        I've always thought ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 26 2013, 9:38am
            I agree...and BTW, Welcome back, DanielLB! :) // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Feb 28 2013, 3:42am
    TTT Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Feb 26 2013, 9:39am
    Fall of Angels Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Feb 26 2013, 1:43pm
    For me it is The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony Feb 26 2013, 3:00pm
        Fotr elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Feb 26 2013, 5:15pm
    oooooh, tough choice Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar Feb 26 2013, 6:08pm
    FotR arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Feb 26 2013, 6:19pm
    The Two Towers. FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Send a private message to FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Feb 26 2013, 8:50pm
    Fellowship, no contest Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Feb 26 2013, 9:31pm
    For me, it's ROTK cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Feb 26 2013, 9:44pm
    Tough choice axecrazy Send a private message to axecrazy Feb 26 2013, 9:50pm
    No Contest IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Feb 27 2013, 1:06am
    Opening scene would be... RangerLady23 Send a private message to RangerLady23 Feb 27 2013, 6:47pm
    PJ has a skill for creating wonderful opening scenes Nira Send a private message to Nira Feb 27 2013, 8:05pm
    Considering what it needed to do in a short time zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Feb 28 2013, 3:39am
        Yes it is Starling Send a private message to Starling Mar 1 2013, 6:36am
    Has to be TTT for me. jschomburg Send a private message to jschomburg Feb 28 2013, 4:09pm
    sequence imin Send a private message to imin Feb 28 2013, 5:27pm
    FOTR Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Mar 1 2013, 8:49pm
    If They hadn't changed so much of the structure Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Mar 1 2013, 9:51pm
    they are all great... andwise Send a private message to andwise Mar 5 2013, 9:47am
    I personally love Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 5 2013, 5:34pm
    I gotta go with The Two Towers. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 11 2013, 7:01pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.