Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Plot speculations for DOS
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

marillaraina
Rohan

Feb 27 2013, 6:41pm

Post #26 of 64 (471 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Where's the shot of RA with web standing with the others?

Actually I've seen a couple of shots of this, plus a bit in one of the Vlogs. What's kind of cute is that Thorin and Kili are the only ones who manage to NOT have webs tangled all over their hair(after escaping) but only some very artfully placed webs towards the back of their hair and bit on their clothes. So more "like uncle, like nephew" - both appear to have built in web repellant. :)

I should find the one picture, it's a great shot for those who love Thorin's hair too, because it's sort of caught "mid-swing". :)

Also I wouldn't think it would be a problem because all the "new pictures" appear to be from that 13 minute documentary or perhaps some other vlogs.

(This post was edited by marillaraina on Feb 27 2013, 6:48pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 6:47pm

Post #27 of 64 (464 views)
Shortcut
OMG you are right! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its mid swing and the one eye we see has that majestic stare going on..........!Smile
See above for where I found it.

...she took the point at once, but she also took the spoons.

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 27 2013, 6:49pm

Post #28 of 64 (455 views)
Shortcut
They are real [In reply to] Can't Post

Either taken from the alternate vlog, or from other vlogs.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 6:54pm

Post #29 of 64 (440 views)
Shortcut
Ah! I wasn't sure where they were from [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Daniel B.

Kimtc
Rohan

Feb 27 2013, 7:03pm

Post #30 of 64 (455 views)
Shortcut
This happened in Ghostbusters, too. Everyone but Bill Murray was covered with marshmallow. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
Where's the shot of RA with web standing with the others?

Actually I've seen a couple of shots of this, plus a bit in one of the Vlogs. What's kind of cute is that Thorin and Kili are the only ones who manage to NOT have webs tangled all over their hair(after escaping) but only some very artfully placed webs towards the back of their hair and bit on their clothes. So more "like uncle, like nephew" - both appear to have built in web repellant. :)

I should find the one picture, it's a great shot for those who love Thorin's hair too, because it's sort of caught "mid-swing". :)

Also I wouldn't think it would be a problem because all the "new pictures" appear to be from that 13 minute documentary or perhaps some other vlogs.

Kimtc
Rohan

Feb 27 2013, 7:11pm

Post #31 of 64 (468 views)
Shortcut
And remember their relative placement in the beginning of the movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Erebor, Thorin is standing with Thror and Thrain up on a dais around Thror's throne, and Thranduil is looking up at them, thus signaling the fact that the dwarves considered themselves above the elf kingdom nearby. Then, when the dwarves are all running out of Erebor, Thorin looks up to see Thranduil high up on the bluff with his army, and Thranduil is now looking down on him. I would imagine that this imagery will continue in Mirkwood, with Thranduil staying on his own raised platform when he is interacting with Thorin (as if he didn't tower over him already).

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 7:15pm

Post #32 of 64 (441 views)
Shortcut
Good point [In reply to] Can't Post

All speaking of relative status in relation to each other at the time. And Thorin, I think, will be on the height at least once more...armored in gold and irresistably calling all to him during BO5A.

Plot wise, if Legolas has been given Orcrist by Thranduil, perhaps it is he who lays it on Thorin's breast...Legolas certainly has more heart than his father, I believe.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Feb 27 2013, 7:39pm

Post #33 of 64 (442 views)
Shortcut
You're not the only one who loathes the spawn of Ungoliant [In reply to] Can't Post

I can handle Shelob in the films now that I've seen it so many times, but I'm convinced that one of these days a spider is going to give me a heart attack! I've never been crawled on by one yet (*touches wood*) ,but the size of them (and thank god I live in the UK and not somewhere with bigger ones) is incredibly frightening and the speed at which they move is even scarier. So I completely sympathize with you, but at least you have the courage to go near enough to them to kill them!Laugh

"These are Gundabad Wargs! They will outrun you!"

"THESE are Rhosgobel Rabbits! I'd like to see them try...."

Old Toby
Gondor

Feb 27 2013, 8:25pm

Post #34 of 64 (391 views)
Shortcut
This I gotta see [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, where is the pic? Smile

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 8:32pm

Post #35 of 64 (416 views)
Shortcut
Made a link! Here is the slideshow (music too!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Embarassed to admit I had to wait for Tallest Dwarf Prince to get home from school to show me how to make the link.Smile

http://youtu.be/SbzdYDcwvYU

Rostron2
Gondor

Feb 27 2013, 9:01pm

Post #36 of 64 (405 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, there's Thorin with the other dwarves, all be-webbed: They are streamlining the plot and narrative flow if they all get captured together. So, the separate incarceration is more or less out.

Legolas with Orcrist (boy I wish that guy could spell) almost certainly he held onto it after they captured the dwarves in the forest.

Bard: Interesting, but nothing earth-shattering there.

The barrels we've talked about. How they must be let out of the barrels later to use them as makeshift boats. I can't see them escaping like that.

The 'Bombur not as fat' is interesting.

Old Toby
Gondor

Feb 27 2013, 9:53pm

Post #37 of 64 (410 views)
Shortcut
Thag you berry much!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, this is great stuff! Cool

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 10:17pm

Post #38 of 64 (414 views)
Shortcut
Open barrels [In reply to] Can't Post

were in production log that way too. Might show a scene of popping tops off and travelling with open barrels, having them sealed in only for the actual plop into the river. Can have more interactions that way.

Bard - nothing new, but he looks good. That's a killer quiver he's got going on.

I suppose Thorin could still be put into a deeper and seperate cell than the others, though the secret aspect of it is out if they are all taken together. Potentially his dialogue (read intelligent bass-voiced insolence) with Thranduil could earn him a darker, SHU cell (haha).

I wasn't convinced it was Orcrist on Legolas (yes, I know .....spelling.... ) but I froze it and took a look with magnifier. That crescent-shaped pommel looks like the real deal. So that gives us the path back to Thorin. The YouTube poster theorized it has some connection to spider battle, but I don't necesarily see a linkage there.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 10:20pm

Post #39 of 64 (369 views)
Shortcut
Ur Belcome, Old Toby! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to be able to put up the link, with technical help Smile here at home...

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 27 2013, 11:19pm

Post #40 of 64 (363 views)
Shortcut
the Barrels [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt they will have the tops on them at all unless as you said it's just as they go into the water. Visually we need to have to see their faces. it will be so much better on film with the tops off than on. Of course that goes for the actors too.. wait. shut up HamSammy...now back to our regularly scheduled review...

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 11:37pm

Post #41 of 64 (346 views)
Shortcut
BWAAHAAHAAAHAA! Thats AWESOME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, you started a wave......"tops OFF! tops OFF!"
Nice!Smile (wipes away a tear of laughter)
(Oh dear. The decency of our halls is somewhat lessened of late.......! snicker!)

(This post was edited by Brethil on Feb 27 2013, 11:43pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 27 2013, 11:52pm

Post #42 of 64 (331 views)
Shortcut
A new song! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ho down the barrels we go
Tops off Bottoms up!

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 28 2013, 12:08am

Post #43 of 64 (321 views)
Shortcut
picks self off floor....... [In reply to] Can't Post

(gaspingSmile)
Oh to see that!
Dwarven song at its BEST!!!!!
OMG Ro needs to read this..................

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Feb 28 2013, 1:17am

Post #44 of 64 (320 views)
Shortcut
PJ, finally noticing what's going on, runs down to the water's edge hollering: [In reply to] Can't Post

"NO! CUT! STOP!!! I said topless BARRELS not topless ACTORS!"

Meanwhile, all productivity has ceased anyways, because all the women in the crew are sitting down, staring, with a MASSIVE case of the giggles.

Kinda makes you want to join the production team, doesn't it? Wink

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 28 2013, 1:37am

Post #45 of 64 (306 views)
Shortcut
Meanwhile [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"NO! CUT! STOP!!! I said topless BARRELS not topless ACTORS!"

Meanwhile, all productivity has ceased anyways, because all the women in the crew are sitting down, staring, with a MASSIVE case of the giggles.

Kinda makes you want to join the production team, doesn't it? Wink

PJ has to hire an entire crew to come in and mop up the drool. Film in next Vblog.

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Feb 28 2013, 1:58am

Post #46 of 64 (290 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

I was disappointed in Shelob. She wasn't as scary on screen as in the book. In the book she is all squelchy and blotchy. She was too hard-looking in the movie. But then I am not particularly afraid about spiders.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 28 2013, 4:17am

Post #47 of 64 (346 views)
Shortcut
Extra crew members annoying PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ: "Ok, that's good. Get them out of the water.....wait what? Repeat that....NO, "Richard's Armitage's towel" is not a job description....now push off....and you, you too - NO, "bathrobe" isn't a job title either. Get these women off my set........!"

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 28 2013, 4:22am

Post #48 of 64 (281 views)
Shortcut
AHAHAHAHAHAHa [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Old Toby
Gondor

Feb 28 2013, 4:53am

Post #49 of 64 (288 views)
Shortcut
okay that's it! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
All speaking of relative status in relation to each other at the time. And Thorin, I think, will be on the height at least once more...armored in gold and irresistably calling all to him during BO5A.

Plot wise, if Legolas has been given Orcrist by Thranduil, perhaps it is he who lays it on Thorin's breast...Legolas certainly has more heart than his father, I believe.

As if Thranduil doesn't do enough damage by failing to help the dwarves at Erebor, putting Thorin in prison, showing up at Erebor again thinking he'll grab some of the loot....When he imprisons Thorin, if he takes Orcrist too...well, all I can say is, "Get me my sword and my axe! That elf has got to die!" Mad

Old Toby
Gondor

Feb 28 2013, 4:58am

Post #50 of 64 (278 views)
Shortcut
sigh, here I'm gone for just a few hours [In reply to] Can't Post

and just look at all the mischief you guys have gotten into!!! LOL!!!

Bottoms up!!Sly

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.