Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which Film Will Win the Oscar Tonight?
Poll: Which Film Will Win the Oscar Tonight?
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Les Miserables
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Life of Pi
Django
Amour
Zero Dark Thirty
View Results (17 votes)

Patty
Immortal

Feb 24 2013, 3:48pm

Post #1 of 8 (232 views)
Shortcut
Which Film Will Win the Oscar Tonight? Can't Post

You can post your should win here, This poll is for "will" win.

Vangalad
Lorien

Feb 24 2013, 4:52pm

Post #2 of 8 (145 views)
Shortcut
Leaning towards Argo... [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen it, nor Lincoln,nor zero dark thirty to judge (it seems these three have the most chances). But the buzz and the critics favor Argo the most, so this must be the one.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Feb 24 2013, 5:28pm

Post #3 of 8 (139 views)
Shortcut
Surprising List [In reply to] Can't Post

I look at this list, and for the first time I can really remember, I don't care about a single one of them winning. I don't know why, but it's rather odd.

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Feb 24 2013, 6:26pm

Post #4 of 8 (115 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking Lincoln will win [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't know, the Oscars are so unpredictable! Argo and Silver Linings Playbook are reaping plenty of rewards, but it seems that during a musical year, the musical ends up beating out the other choices, so it could be Les Miserables. Lincoln should win, but the Oscars seem to pick the little movies hardly anybody has heard of like Crash or fluffy popular little movies like Shakespere in Love and not the big sweeping epics that used to win years ago!
So I really have no clueLaugh

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2013, 6:55pm

Post #5 of 8 (110 views)
Shortcut
I'm the same way [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the field this year is just kind of "meh". Maybe I'm just becoming a cranky old hobbit. ;)

ryouko
Lorien

Feb 24 2013, 9:08pm

Post #6 of 8 (109 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen any of them [In reply to] Can't Post

But I hear more about Life of Pi than anything else. So that's why I think it'll win. Otherwise, don't really care. Hobbit isn't there, so I'm not interested. Tongue

elentari3018
Lorien

Feb 25 2013, 5:07am

Post #7 of 8 (104 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit naturally in my book! ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth
Valinor

Feb 27 2013, 7:11am

Post #8 of 8 (168 views)
Shortcut
I was disappointed in Lincoln. [In reply to] Can't Post

Much of the script was just not credible. Footsoldiers repeating the Gettysburg address from memory? It wasn't widely publicized at the time, and only became a must-memorize in the 20th C. A black soldier holding forth on equal pay for equal work? Totally anachronistic. Lincoln and his wife discussing her mental health? Wildly unlikely. Mrs. L explaining the issues to Thaddeus Stevens? Forget it. And the 2 Connecticut senators voting against the amendment? Connecticut is talking lawsuit! The long, dramatic pause before the vote was announced? When everybody including soldiers in Virginia were keeping score meticulously? And on and on.

The acting was good, but that didn't save it. DDL deserved his Oscar, I'll admit.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Feb 27 2013, 7:12am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.