Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS Sneak Peek Stream - Available in the UK

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Feb 24 2013, 5:36pm

Post #1 of 13 (1470 views)
Shortcut
DoS Sneak Peek Stream - Available in the UK Can't Post

According to Amazon.co.uk any orders placed through them before 23rd March will have a code emailed through to them to enable them to watch the live stream version of the DoS preview. From the website:

Pre-order The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D or Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook from Amazon.co.uk and receive a unique code to access a sneak peek preview of the second film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug at 7pm on Sunday, March 24. Offer strictly subject to availability. One code will be issued per customer. An internet connection is required to redeem the incentive. Offer valid when dispatched by Amazon.co.uk. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. The live stream is only available at 7pm on Sunday, March 24, 2013. The codes will no longer be active after this date.

Orders made before or on Saturday, March 23--Codes and redemption instructions will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch of your order.

I don't know if it's exclusive to Amazon (the above seems to imply it is) but I'm very pleased Warners seem to have considered the fans outside the US. Hopefully every country will get something similar set up with their retailers.

(This post was edited by Rohirrim Rider on Feb 24 2013, 5:42pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 24 2013, 6:09pm

Post #2 of 13 (534 views)
Shortcut
That's very encouraging [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks very much for posting this.

I've already ordered the DVD, just on the strength of the UK cover. However, I notice that this only seems to apply to the Blu-Ray version. Unfortunately, I do not have the facilities for playing Blu-Ray disks, so that's a huge disappointment. The offer should have extended to the DVD as well.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Feb 24 2013, 6:11pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 24 2013, 6:09pm

Post #3 of 13 (550 views)
Shortcut
It's enough to convince me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it's not a one-use code though. I'd like to watch the preview as much as I like.

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Feb 24 2013, 6:22pm

Post #4 of 13 (519 views)
Shortcut
Sadly, I would assume it's a one time deal [In reply to] Can't Post

And not only because it's a live stream. Whether they keep the full version up on the site to holders of the code to watch in full again later on would be up to Warners I assume, rather than Amazon but I would hazard a guess that they won't, what with the edited version being available to the public afterwards Otherwise people would just post the codes to their friends or on forums so everyone could get to see it. It would take away from the special, exclusivity of it.

I'd love to be wrong though as I would want to watch it again and again and pause and examine and watch it some more...

(This post was edited by Rohirrim Rider on Feb 24 2013, 6:23pm)

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Feb 24 2013, 6:25pm

Post #5 of 13 (507 views)
Shortcut
I hadn't noticed that it's not available to DVD customers [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is odd as I was looking at the DVD version of it when I noticed the promotional blurb for it. Seems strange. It might be worth emailing them - Amazon's customer service team are great so if they can help I'm sure they will. Might be a no but it will at least be a polite, researched no.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 24 2013, 6:42pm

Post #6 of 13 (485 views)
Shortcut
OK, I have done as you suggested [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you very much again!

Shagrat
Gondor

Feb 24 2013, 6:43pm

Post #7 of 13 (485 views)
Shortcut
Tip [In reply to] Can't Post

Just pre-order it and then cancel it after you have the code or watch the preview if you don't want to commit to it. Amazon let you cancel up until the time of dispatch.

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Feb 24 2013, 6:44pm

Post #8 of 13 (465 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you get a positive response - even though I'm getting the blu-ray it seems unfair that there would be Hobbit fans left without the means to watch this just because they don't have the latest home viewing gadgets.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2013, 7:29pm

Post #9 of 13 (441 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic news! Thanks for the heads-up... // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Feb 24 2013, 7:37pm

Post #10 of 13 (516 views)
Shortcut
DOS [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS has a release history dating back to 1980 and a pedigree dating back to the early 1970s. So this is nothing new. I don't understand all the excitement over an archaic operating system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...OS_operating_systems

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2013, 9:08pm

Post #11 of 13 (451 views)
Shortcut
A joke [In reply to] Can't Post

repeated too many times, ceases to be funny.

Tongue

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Feb 24 2013, 9:11pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 24 2013, 11:22pm

Post #12 of 13 (348 views)
Shortcut
Well, I have contacted Amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I hope you get a positive response - even though I'm getting the blu-ray it seems unfair that there would be Hobbit fans left without the means to watch this just because they don't have the latest home viewing gadgets.

...to express my extreme disapproval of this tactic. I really think it is a very unwise ploy on the part of Warner Brothers (presumably).

I know loads of people in the UK who do not have Blu-ray equipment and this tactic is going to cause a great deal of bad feeling.

I may cancel my order with Amazon if this is not fixed. (Amazon are going to get back to me.)

Silmaril
Lorien

Feb 26 2013, 10:02am

Post #13 of 13 (161 views)
Shortcut
not available at Amazon.DE :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.