Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
The Half-elven and their "option"

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2013, 12:46pm

Views: 474
Shortcut
The Half-elven and their "option" Can't Post

I was wondering about this - is there any info on exactly how much elven blood one needs to be afforded this choice between belonging to the race of men or the race of elves? Arwen was 3/4 elvish, but was still able to choose to be counted among men. So would this also mean that the early descendants of Elros also had the option? Obviously I'm not talking about Aragorn and his immediate ancestors, as their elven ancestry came from millenia before their time.

Subject User Time
The Half-elven and their "option" Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Feb 22 2013, 12:46pm
    The desendants of Elros Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Feb 22 2013, 3:45pm
        From and quick reading IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Feb 22 2013, 3:57pm
            Tolkien doesn't really give a definitive answer on which decision Elladan and Elrohir chose. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 22 2013, 4:04pm
            Elladan and Elrohir Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Feb 22 2013, 4:04pm
                My understanding IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Feb 22 2013, 4:49pm
                    Tolkien apparently said... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Feb 22 2013, 4:57pm
    the choice Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Feb 22 2013, 5:24pm
        Yes, it seems that parents make part of the choice for their children, and it's one way. CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Feb 22 2013, 7:39pm
            that annoying letter 153 Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Feb 23 2013, 3:29am
        No, I don't think that that is quite right... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 23 2013, 9:37pm
            can you clarify Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Feb 24 2013, 2:26am
                I thought that I was perfectly clear; however... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 24 2013, 5:24am
                    my idea Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Feb 25 2013, 1:06pm
                        You forget something... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 25 2013, 3:23pm
                            Still not clear here, so I'll break things down a bit... Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Feb 25 2013, 10:04pm
    The choices made PhantomS Send a private message to PhantomS Feb 23 2013, 3:42pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.