Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Good question

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Feb 21 2013, 1:25am

Views: 185
Shortcut
Good question [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one question I haven't yet thought of. Now that you talk about it, I think possibly the reason Bilbo sided with Thranduil and the Elves is because of the greed and mistreatment he had at the hands of Thorin. Thorin never really had too much faith in Bilbo until the very end, and wasn't always very gentlemanly toward the hobbit. While some of the other dwarves were kinder, Balin especially, they were all always going to be on Thorin's side. When Thorin started to show such greed, Bilbo was the only one who noticed and decided he had enough. His morals told him greed was wrong. Thranduil lacked greed, and even offered Bilbo protection. Thorin on the other hand, threatened to kill Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Ziggy Stardust on Feb 21 2013, 1:27am)

Subject User Time
Bilbo's Choice in who to protect CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Feb 20 2013, 6:34pm
    It's probably to do with Bilbo's morals, or something boring like that. And the fact he was disgusted by Thorin's greed. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 20 2013, 7:03pm
    I can understand... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Feb 20 2013, 8:12pm
    I think Bilbo found common ground with the Elvenking. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Feb 20 2013, 8:22pm
        Bilbo just loves Elves and being around them... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 20 2013, 9:12pm
    I read it as a choice of pure practicality. Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Feb 21 2013, 12:07am
    Good question Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Feb 21 2013, 1:25am
    protecting Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Feb 25 2013, 11:58pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.