Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
At 3 years old, on a family holiday.....

dormouse
Valinor

Feb 20 2013, 9:04am

Views: 143
Shortcut
At 3 years old, on a family holiday..... [In reply to] Can't Post

....I'm supposed to have toddled up to the stage when the presented of an outdoor show called for volunteer singers from the audience. Mum didn't spot what had happened until I was on stage, and then was curling up with embarrassment about what I would come out with, because I'd learned some - interesting - schoolboy parodies of hymns from my older brother. She was immensely relieved when I piped up with 'I do like to be beside the seaside', though she couldn't imagine how I knew it. Sighs of relief all round....

Now, being a somewhat reticent soul - the sort who would never, never volunteer to do anything like that - I would deny that this ever happened. Trouble is, I can't because Dad took a photo, so there is evidence. Small moppet on stage, standing slightly pidgeon-toed like little kids do beside a very tall man, holding a microphone stand at a ridiculous angle to catch the sound. Guilty as charged!

Subject User Time
Charming. Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Feb 20 2013, 2:49am
    My son also had marriage plans when he was 5. arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Feb 20 2013, 3:02am
        Awww. :) / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 20 2013, 3:56am
    Once, when I was in a liquor store Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Feb 20 2013, 4:07am
        That is so sweet! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Feb 20 2013, 1:19pm
    My child was, sadly, politically incorrect. Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Feb 20 2013, 4:17am
        Too funny! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Feb 20 2013, 4:46am
            Here's another: Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Feb 20 2013, 5:06am
                ROFL! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 20 2013, 6:57am
                That is really hilarious! alienorchid Send a private message to alienorchid Feb 20 2013, 12:04pm
                    The amazing thing is she channeled Arnold Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Feb 20 2013, 2:41pm
                Haha that is amazing! imin Send a private message to imin Feb 20 2013, 3:01pm
                OMG Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Feb 22 2013, 6:49am
        At 3 years old, on a family holiday..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 20 2013, 9:04am
    Some Hobbity Ones Nunilo Send a private message to Nunilo Feb 20 2013, 6:59am
    My friend's daughter who is about 5, I think alienorchid Send a private message to alienorchid Feb 20 2013, 12:09pm
    My cousins are quite the characters. BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Feb 20 2013, 1:12pm
    Many years ago, my mom entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Feb 20 2013, 1:48pm
        One of my neighbors elaborately decorates her yard every sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Feb 20 2013, 6:30pm
    I was engaged when I was 4 Annael Send a private message to Annael Feb 20 2013, 4:03pm
        Yikes DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 20 2013, 4:58pm
    Bwahahaaa!!! OMG! That's so CUTE! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 20 2013, 5:38pm
    A coworker recently told the story sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Feb 20 2013, 6:32pm
    It's been a long time since my kids were little and cute. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Feb 20 2013, 6:41pm
    Oh, goodness, where do I start? AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Feb 20 2013, 6:57pm
        Love the undies on the head! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Feb 20 2013, 8:23pm
            How do you silence an entire Emergency Room? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Feb 20 2013, 8:48pm
        That last reminds me of a story Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Feb 20 2013, 9:35pm
    I wish I'd written them down Annael Send a private message to Annael Feb 20 2013, 10:05pm
    Reminds me of something from long ago ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Feb 23 2013, 1:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.