Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Radagast and Galadriel

Vangalad
Lorien

Feb 18 2013, 11:50pm

Post #1 of 20 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Radagast and Galadriel Can't Post

An interesting tidbit from the live chat with Clifford and Sylvester McCoy has popped up... Radagast and Galadriel will be sharing a scene together in the next film!

What do you think this scene will contain? conversation, action, maybe telepathy, or perhaps a ride with the rhosgobel rabbits?Sly

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

CathrineB
Rohan

Feb 18 2013, 11:54pm

Post #2 of 20 (538 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought he said he wished he had a scene with her like Gandalf did, but that's me.
I think it sounds very interesting! Maybe before another Dul Guldur scene?

Vangalad
Lorien

Feb 19 2013, 12:09am

Post #3 of 20 (497 views)
Shortcut
I didn't quite get his full quote, [In reply to] Can't Post

So, perhaps more people watching the chat could further enlighten us!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

(This post was edited by Vangalad on Feb 19 2013, 12:10am)

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Feb 19 2013, 12:11am

Post #4 of 20 (485 views)
Shortcut
It could be interesting, [In reply to] Can't Post

however, I really hope we won't see Galadriel in the bunny sled. That would be in very bad taste! My guess is that it will have more to do with Dol Guldur.

" He has just as much reason to go to war as you do. Why can he not fight for those he loves?"

CathrineB
Rohan

Feb 19 2013, 12:24am

Post #5 of 20 (469 views)
Shortcut
Oh what a mental image [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahahah Galadriel on the bunny sled. Yeah okay that'd be weird, but amusing to picture.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Feb 19 2013, 1:14am

Post #6 of 20 (420 views)
Shortcut
I didn't quite catch it all, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I thought he was saying he had met Cate Blanchett and did mention meeting her children too, but I'm not sure if he said he had worked with her on set. That would be cool if true! Perhaps they were filming scenes for the attack at Dol Guldur.

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Feb 19 2013, 5:00am

Post #7 of 20 (383 views)
Shortcut
You heard correctly. [In reply to] Can't Post

He even said he might be saying too much, and they lingered not on the subject.

In Reply To
An interesting tidbit from the live chat with Clifford and Sylvester McCoy has popped up... Radagast and Galadriel will be sharing a scene together in the next film!

What do you think this scene will contain? conversation, action, maybe telepathy, or perhaps a ride with the rhosgobel rabbits?Sly

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2013, 5:36am

Post #8 of 20 (353 views)
Shortcut
Yeah the got off that subject right away [In reply to] Can't Post

He didn't want to say anything further. Cliff did a good job steering it away from keeping it going in that direction too today in a couple of spots. He did a super job.

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 19 2013, 8:52am

Post #9 of 20 (351 views)
Shortcut
Most likely a (White Council) meeting, before the [In reply to] Can't Post

attack on Dol Guldur. We know that Gandalf and Radagast are together at some point in the Rhosgobel-area, and that Galadriel is in some way connected with the attack on Dol Guldur. Makes sense for them to meet in Rhosgobel.

Smile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Feb 19 2013, 3:57pm

Post #10 of 20 (260 views)
Shortcut
Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

When did you get back? I trust you had a wonderful trip Smile

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 19 2013, 5:48pm

Post #11 of 20 (215 views)
Shortcut
I got back during the weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had an awesome time - it's a beautiful place. I'll be posting a thread sometime soon (hopefully) with lots of pictures.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what I have missed. I logged on to 6850 new posts. All I can see that I've missed is the release date for the DVD. Laugh I'll assume the rest is just noise. Wink

Ardamírë
Valinor

Feb 19 2013, 6:57pm

Post #12 of 20 (194 views)
Shortcut
Good to have you back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to see all your pictures.

Yeah, it's mostly been noise, though a little less noisy without you. Laugh Probably the most significant thing is that there will be a DoS preview for those who buy the new DVD, and there will be a shorter preview for everyone else. It'll be nice to really start the DoS speculation hot and heavy! You've made it back just in time Smile

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

Rostron2
Gondor

Feb 19 2013, 7:05pm

Post #13 of 20 (201 views)
Shortcut
Yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

Most likely some kind of final council meeting before any sort of action against Dol-Guldur.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2013, 9:30pm

Post #14 of 20 (162 views)
Shortcut
I was beginning to wonder if you had left us [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad youre back Daniel!

Vous commencez ŕ m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Marionette
Rohan

Feb 19 2013, 9:55pm

Post #15 of 20 (154 views)
Shortcut
That´s funny [In reply to] Can't Post

I can picture that, It just made my day! Laugh

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Feb 20 2013, 4:29am

Post #16 of 20 (130 views)
Shortcut
Boyens As Buffer [In reply to] Can't Post

When Radagast was not doing his Three Stooges act, he was more bearable. I enjoyed him when he was coherent and free of Jackson's more juvenile tendencies. And though I have issues with some things that Philippa Boyens does and says (but not all), what she has done and said gives me faith that they will not allow Radagast to be pulled so much by Jackson's strings while in the presence of Galadriel. Galadriel should be, I hope, protected by Boyens or anyone who claims to respect the work of Tolkien. In other words, I hope Boyens' influence will keep Jackson honest and honor Radagast as what he truly is in scenes with Galadriel. Otherwise, the contrast would drag down Galadriel, like putting Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell next to ... well, anyone respectable.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Feb 20 2013, 1:33pm

Post #17 of 20 (86 views)
Shortcut
I half agree. On the other hand, I would rather him pull a rabbit out of his underwear than [In reply to] Can't Post

start bowing and scraping. I was and am actually preparing to write a thread on the matter. He should show her honour and be enamoured of her, but he should not be anymore defferent, per se, than one would expect Bombadil or Treebeard, the two closest non-wizard (per se) analogies to Radagast that come to mind.

In Reply To
When Radagast was not doing his Three Stooges act, he was more bearable. I enjoyed him when he was coherent and free of Jackson's more juvenile tendencies. And though I have issues with some things that Philippa Boyens does and says (but not all), what she has done and said gives me faith that they will not allow Radagast to be pulled so much by Jackson's strings while in the presence of Galadriel. Galadriel should be, I hope, protected by Boyens or anyone who claims to respect the work of Tolkien. In other words, I hope Boyens' influence will keep Jackson honest and honor Radagast as what he truly is in scenes with Galadriel. Otherwise, the contrast would drag down Galadriel, like putting Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell next to ... well, anyone respectable.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Feb 20 2013, 4:23pm

Post #18 of 20 (67 views)
Shortcut
Agree To Half Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with everything you've written in your new thread and elsewhere about Gandalf and Galadriel. But I think I disagree with your alternative imagery, preferring to skip the lagomorphaic undergarments. ;)

I thought of a different, more accessible way to explain the interplay between Boyens and Jackson and Galadriel and Radagast that I hope will prevail. Jackson is having his private fun playing juvenile jokes with his Radagast and Galadriel dolls until Boyens walks into the room, when Jackson is forced to behave respectful with his dolls. He knows she's going to disapprove and ask for her Galadirel doll back if his Radagast demeans Galdriel's scenes with his slapstick schtick. Playing Radagast as a sincere Istari would not be demeaning. Playing him as an addled fool among the others would.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2013, 4:46pm

Post #19 of 20 (57 views)
Shortcut
he can be quirky and different without being demeaning [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I agree with everything you've written in your new thread and elsewhere about Gandalf and Galadriel. But I think I disagree with your alternative imagery, preferring to skip the lagomorphaic undergarments. ;)

I thought of a different, more accessible way to explain the interplay between Boyens and Jackson and Galadriel and Radagast that I hope will prevail. Jackson is having his private fun playing juvenile jokes with his Radagast and Galadriel dolls until Boyens walks into the room, when Jackson is forced to behave respectful with his dolls. He knows she's going to disapprove and ask for her Galadirel doll back if his Radagast demeans Galdriel's scenes with his slapstick schtick. Playing Radagast as a sincere Istari would not be demeaning. Playing him as an addled fool among the others would.

I don't mind if Radagast is a bit different or odd. What I do mind is having him be too slapstick which I felt he was during The Hobbit. The bug in the mouth, the smoke out the ears with crossed eyes. It's just not necessary. You can have him be odd: I thought the scenes with him trying to revive sebastian were fine. I just think he can be noble and be different at the same time.

I really hope this is how it plays out and we don't end up with him being a buffoon with Galadriel.

imin
Valinor

Feb 20 2013, 4:48pm

Post #20 of 20 (91 views)
Shortcut
totally agree // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.