Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TORn's One Expected Party is one week from today!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17 2013, 11:48pm

Post #1 of 12 (313 views)
Shortcut
TORn's One Expected Party is one week from today! Can't Post

Let's see a show of hands of how many of you will be there!

What are you going to wear to the Party?

Have you heard Billy Boyd's Band Beecake's music before?

What surprises are you hoping to happen during the Party?

omg.... this is getting real, folks!

I'll be there in a floor-length dress. Cripes, I haven't worn a dress in over 3 years! Beecake is seriously wonderful... especially their version of World Without Sunday's music (they played at the 2004 Oscars Party), and I'd LOVE it if the cast and crew from The Hobbit could drop by and say hi ;)

I've been packing and panicking all day!

Second draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

teargift
The Shire

Feb 18 2013, 2:49am

Post #2 of 12 (253 views)
Shortcut
All in! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be there! This is a big cross-country adventure for me, and I am out of my mind excited. I'm the quiet, observer type, so this is a wild and crazy step out of my comfort zone. I hope to meet other Ringers and make a few friends. I'd love to see some of the cast and crew and give them a heart felt thank you (collective Ringer round of applause and maybe some happy tears). I am familiar with Beecake's tunes; I have their albums loaded for my trip.

I have a tea length dress that I plan to wear, no costume for me this year. Here's to packing! I have no hope of keeping my bag under 50 pounds!

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." [/size 1]

(This post was edited by teargift on Feb 18 2013, 2:53am)

sevilodorf
Gondor

Feb 18 2013, 3:17pm

Post #3 of 12 (191 views)
Shortcut
Hand up [In reply to] Can't Post

dragging...uh... bringing my daughter with me.

Have heard Billy and his band before.... also Emerald Rose and the LOTR One Man show.... all were great (prefer Emerald Rose)

Will drive down on Sunday.... hoping to get a more complete timeline for the LOTR show etc before we come.

I missed the ROTK party because some people crashed PayPal and I was stuck at work with limited access to internet anyway, but was at the first two Oscar Parties and all the ORCs.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 3:34pm

Post #4 of 12 (308 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait to see you again! [In reply to] Can't Post

When will you be arriving in LA?

"The Hobbits bowed low. 'Most gracious host', said Frodo, 'It was said to me by Elrond Half-Elven that I should find friendship upon the way, secret and unlooked for. Certainly I have found no such friendship as you have shown. To have found it turns evil to great good."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 20 2013, 5:42pm

Post #5 of 12 (178 views)
Shortcut
Perfect! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm right with ya on being an observer type! This is gonna be GREAT!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 20 2013, 5:44pm

Post #6 of 12 (163 views)
Shortcut
Oh my... [In reply to] Can't Post

That had to just break your mind when you couldn't get in! How Horrible! I'm glad you were able to get to this one :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 20 2013, 5:46pm

Post #7 of 12 (244 views)
Shortcut
Mid-day Friday!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to see you, too! I'm hoping my flight goes smoothly... a bit of a short-time trot from one gate to the next at Dallas/Ft Worth; but I know I'll get to LA eventually :)

*huggles*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Barefoot
The Shire

Feb 21 2013, 7:39pm

Post #8 of 12 (178 views)
Shortcut
Giddy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Brian & I will be there! We live about an hour away and we'll be staying at the hotel next door. We've had this planned since the Return of the One party, even though there was no Hobbit movie. We just knew after the last one, we were so going to be at this one.

We are quiet as well, but open to meeting fun new people and maybe seeing some familiar faces from the past. I'm excited to watch The Oscars as well, we make a point to see them all so we'll see how well we did with the App.

Last party we were at was in 2011 in NY at The Gin Mill. We were going on a cruise and heard this was there, so grabbed tix to that and brought our friends as well.

I have two outfits I'm bringing, a long gown that's sparkly and feels like pajamas and then a short cocktail dress that is fun. I'll probably go with the PJ's. :) Last time I was in a skin tight thing and was SO UNCOMFORTABLE and I do like to partake in the pints and grub. Brian is wearing his blue coat and he still hasn't picked a tie or shirt ::rolling eyes:::.

Sorry so many words, I'm just totally excited.Blush

yvonne (and brian)

Galentaliel

Feb 22 2013, 7:20am

Post #9 of 12 (186 views)
Shortcut
:) I'll be there... [In reply to] Can't Post

...in a longish no-slv black dress & gold-twiney-leaves necklace, same one I wore to TTOP :)
(...and with a slight cold unfortunately tho' maybe over it by then.) ;)

Soooo looking forward to it... been 10 yrs, a long wait for more Middle Earth from PJ, and TORN parties, but very glad it's all finally here -- totally worth celebrating! Oh, and those Oscars, too. ;)

--Galen'
(eek, my first post in...10 yrs? geez!) ;)

Barefoot
The Shire

Feb 22 2013, 4:11pm

Post #10 of 12 (159 views)
Shortcut
Not creepy [In reply to] Can't Post

My Brian read what I wrote on here and he said I made us sound creepy. LOL! We're not creepy I just use a lot of strange words.

Two more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yvonne (and brian)

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2013, 4:11am

Post #11 of 12 (171 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tis been a long time since I've seen so many people (and I've been pretty MIA on the boards for years as well). Hope I can find everyone I know in the masses of the party this weekend! Cannot wait!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

House Stark

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 24 2013, 12:37am

Post #12 of 12 (178 views)
Shortcut
Hey CA! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Glad to see you! Have a ball!..Gad i hope there are a whole lot of picturesWink.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.