Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Elven warrior sings "May it Be" from LOTR

Elena the Elf
The Shire

Feb 16 2013, 5:25am

Post #1 of 11 (464 views)
Shortcut
Elven warrior sings "May it Be" from LOTR Can't Post

I had so much fun filming this video! :)
My friend Sonya Thompson from "The Walking Dead" played the other Elf in this music video. Swinging a sword on wet rocks was trickier than it looks. We gathered quite a big gawking crowd with my Elven warrior outfit and Sonya showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATsWkLDjas

Epic Hobbit music video

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 16 2013, 5:36am

Post #2 of 11 (256 views)
Shortcut
So beautiful. :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

kareniel
Lorien

Feb 16 2013, 12:56pm

Post #3 of 11 (155 views)
Shortcut
Lovely! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Feb 16 2013, 2:11pm

Post #4 of 11 (150 views)
Shortcut
Impressive, [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are the beautiful forests that you guys filmed located? It reminders me of Asheville,NC. Very nice!

" He has just as much reason to go to war as you do. Why can he not fight for those he loves?"

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2013, 3:46pm

Post #5 of 11 (147 views)
Shortcut
*applause* [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the loveliest renditions of that song I've heard. Beautiful locations too. Thanks so much for sharing.

May I ask about your swordwork/ choreography? Did you have a choreographer/trainer for this vid, and is that someone you regularly work with on these productions? I take it you are trained, may we know what kind, and was wondering what styles influenced/inspired your movements here. I have some training myself so I was curious. I can guess about the style but I wanted to ask. Thanks!

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Elena the Elf
The Shire

Feb 16 2013, 5:03pm

Post #6 of 11 (157 views)
Shortcut
I've been training all my life [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad is a martial arts teacher.
His school is here: http://www.aikidoschools.com
He and I are in the video on the front page of the site.
We do Aikido which also has sword and staff techniques. A lot of the movements in this video were created by dad but they were not anything I had seen in Aikido class. The producer of a movie I'm in added Aikido to it for my character because I can do it and they added my dad as the class instructor. :)

My mom came up with the quote on my Youtube channel "Have you ever seen a classical singer kick but?

Epic Hobbit music video

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2013, 7:25pm

Post #7 of 11 (148 views)
Shortcut
That is fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

You are very privileged to have a dad to have taught you martial arts throughout your upbringing. That must have been tough bc he was probably even more demanding on you than most students, I would guess.

Given your training, you might consider including some applications in your next video...I'll wager some of your dojo mates would like to play stunt-Orc (I know I would) and they would already know how to take falls and hits.

And yes, I was guessing Japanese influence, and detected a bit of Chinese as well (i would guess that the Chinese- influenced movements are the ones you may not have seen in class). I have studied some Aikido actually,l but mostly my martial arts studies are of the Chinese, Korean, and French/Italian (classical and historical fencing). Primarily I do Shaolin kung fu and taiji. I've studied them in the aggregate over 25 years.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Opaldragon86

Feb 18 2013, 8:49am

Post #8 of 11 (119 views)
Shortcut
beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

you have a loverly voice xx

Listen to the voices on the wind

i-ngwaew asia wintar
ar i ardh iaur ú dara.
erui men úvill
gomen amdiram
orthored i wath.

lasto i lamath
erin gwaew
i lamath lin edair
avo osto!
aphada ven thanc
ar u dhir tira,
last' inn tegitha

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 18 2013, 3:08pm

Post #9 of 11 (127 views)
Shortcut
Lovely! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elena the Elf
The Shire

Feb 19 2013, 6:03am

Post #10 of 11 (171 views)
Shortcut
Elven and Dwarven locations [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Where are the beautiful forests that you guys filmed located? It reminders me of Asheville,NC. Very nice!

We did go to Asheville for the Elven location but close. It was about an hour or two south of there in Georgia.

We went all the way to Tennessee to find the "Dwarven" caves we filmed the Hobbit video in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Sj651-7pY

Epic Hobbit music video

anagum
The Shire

Feb 20 2013, 3:43am

Post #11 of 11 (214 views)
Shortcut
Whoah. [In reply to] Can't Post

I got goosebumps multiple times watching this video. That's all I have to say. :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.