The new action figures 2013 AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 1 2013, 7:35pm

Post #26 of 86 (4033 views)
Shortcut
The More Arms the Better! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday! Either Azog arm is cool with me, but both would be be better! I want to see Bali and Dwalin in the 6 inch form. From what TBD did so far, I bet the detail and articulation would be superb! Have a GREAT weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 1 2013, 7:37pm

Post #27 of 86 (5281 views)
Shortcut
Multi-Armed Monster lol [In reply to] Can't Post

The topic of your post made me think of that character from Mortal Kombat with multiple arms. lol Both of those two in the six inch line would be awesome. Both of the smaller figures turned out really well so I'd expect the same in the larger scale.

Have a great weekend man! Think I'm gonna go see The Hobbit again.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 4 2013, 6:05pm

Post #28 of 86 (4035 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit...Round 2! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Elessar! How was your weekend? Did you see The Hobbit again?

I remember that guy! lol True story. The public needs some preorders. Seriously, this is taking too long. Prototypes or not, if the figures are going to be made and were displayed in Toyfair, we may as well be able to order them. That makes sense to me.

Thanks!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 4 2013, 9:45pm

Post #29 of 86 (4021 views)
Shortcut
Ding. Ding. [In reply to] Can't Post

Weekend was ok. Didn't care for the result in the Super Bowl but it is what it is. I did. I went and saw it one last time Saturday and I'd say the theatre I was in was 80-85% full which I was glad to see.

Nice! I wasn't sure if you would or not but that's the first thing that came to my head. I agree. We need some news and orders soon. Toy Fair is coming up so hopefully something will work with that event.

No problem :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 5 2013, 2:37pm

Post #30 of 86 (4013 views)
Shortcut
High Hopes for Toy Fair! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, I was happy that SF came back the way they did. Definitely made the game more interesting. I wish they won, of course. Glad to hear that The Hobbit is still raking in viewers! My weekend was pretty low key. I've been planning my best friend's birthday party with his girlfriend. Karaoke it is!

My paws are crossed that Toy Fair brings us some good news. The pics we saw at the Toy Fair in England was a tease. They were a bit blurry, there were only a few shots taken, and I'm sure there is more to see. I'm concerned that we did not see the Goblin King Battle playset or the Nori and Stone Troll beast pack. Where is Gloin in all of this?

Speaking of Toy Fair, Hasbro better now let me down. lol I feel like there could be a ton of more figures made form CW Season 4.

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 5 2013, 3:50pm

Post #31 of 86 (4001 views)
Shortcut
Star Wars [In reply to] Can't Post

Help Obi-Wan KToyFair you're my only hope. lol

Yeah, I was proud they fought back but really bummed they lost. I love my Chiefs but I love my Niners more.

I was really pleased as well. I mean its been in theaters closing in on two months and even in only a 200 person theater that many people is a good thing. They've taken the BR date off the site so it might be making enough money they're going to delay things just a bit. Nice! That should be a good time but I suck at singing so much its not something I could get the guts to do.

I think and believe it will. We're getting into the season of news for collectibles upcoming stuff anyways. You have Toy Fairs happening outside the US and soon the US with the Summer Cons coming fairly soon. Yeah, wave 2 needs to complete the Dwarves. As far as I know from checking out TBD FB page the Goblin King set we got in wave one is the battle playset.

Oh I think they're gonna have tons of stuff including that new 6" range.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 6 2013, 3:11pm

Post #32 of 86 (4022 views)
Shortcut
Arf, not Barf! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha ha that was hysterical! If Ob-Wan was involved, you know that Toy Fair would be OUTSTANDING!

When I looked on BBTS, it shows that a customer can order the Goblin King Beast Pack and the Goblin King Battle Playset as separate items. Also, both items are listed as significantly different prices. So, I don't think that they are one in the same. At least, I hope not. lol I wonder if TBD is going to make some of the dwarves in 3 packs? It makes sense, but they would profit more from 2 packs and adding the extra dwarves to beast packs.

I've heard of this new 6" Star Wars line, but I think there was mention of only 4 figures thus far. I'd like to see some new figures from the Clone Wars and the Vintage Line for 3 3/4' lines. Though, I have heard that the Vintage Line may be discontinued, which is a bummer. Still, it's been a while since we've seen anything from Hasbro with the SW figures. I did recently purchase the AT-RT with 501st ARF Trooper. It looks awesome!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 6 2013, 4:42pm

Post #33 of 86 (4191 views)
Shortcut
Spaceballs [In reply to] Can't Post

It couldn't hurt thats for sure.
I don't know. I do know that on TBD FB page someone asked about it and they said it was but the person may not have asked the question correctly so that TBD only thought they meant that item. I would expect to see some 3 packs if not involving Dwarves at least involving what we've talked about before with Elves/Goblins army builders.

Yeah, I expect it to start a little slow at TF but show more at Comic-Con. Nice! Its been forever since I bought anything SW as my focus is mostly on Middle-earth at this point.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 7 2013, 5:48pm

Post #34 of 86 (4025 views)
Shortcut
I'm a Mog [In reply to] Can't Post

That's cool. It would be great to see some Dwarven 3 packs. I'm going to hold on my existing preorders for now in hopes that those additional items are produced.

I get so excited when TF comes around! Comic-Con too! I'm looking fwd to seeing all of the new figures set to come out this year. It's definitely difficult keeping up with SW and Middle Earth, but I am truly fascinated by both worlds and the stories within them.

Spaceballs is a GREAT movie! I actually just bought the Mel Brooks collection. Can't wait to check it out!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 7 2013, 6:21pm

Post #35 of 86 (4095 views)
Shortcut
Fairs and Cons [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, hold on to those orders until we see what is to come and where the best place to have orders coming from is.

I hear ya. I love Toy Fair and the summer Con season. Just seeing all the new stuff thats to come is always cool even if its not something that I will be ordering I enjoy seeing it none the less. Now, with the fact Middle-earth is getting more items lately it made Comic-Con the last couple of years even more fun for me. Just being able to get upclose to things I'm going to be buying just makes me smile.

It is. I enjoy it anyways. I love that it kind of pokes fun at SW and how serious some people take it.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 8 2013, 1:21pm

Post #36 of 86 (3968 views)
Shortcut
The Schwartz! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar!

That's my plan. It doesn't hurt to keep them.

The Hobbit has definitely spiced up these events for me as well. Even though I do not attend them, I look forward to seeing the reviews and photos from TF and CC more and more. I still want to see trolls. lol TBD and Weta need to get some out now while AUJ is still fresh!

Yea, Spaceballs is legendary. I actually have the cartoon series at home, but haven't watched it yet. Maybe this weekend will be a good opportunity with the snow everywhere. lol I would have liked to have seen an action figure line from that film. The figures used during the movie are online and owned by an individual.

Enjoy the weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 8 2013, 2:04pm

Post #37 of 86 (4154 views)
Shortcut
Da Schwartz! lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Same to you my friend. :)

No, doesn't hurt at all especially if there is no upfront order charge.

I hear ya. This will be my 9th Comic-Con in a row and the first year I went was the end of the Sideshow/Weta The Lord of the Rings statue line and since then its been bits and pieces of Middle-earth coming and going. Now, the last 2 years or so The Lord of the Rings has been coming back more and more along with The Hobbit starting up so its been fantastic. This is on top of all the other cool stuff there is to see at Comic-Con. :) I'm with ya. I'd love to see the three Trolls show up at TF for TBD and then a statue from Weta at Comic-Con.

Its pretty darn funny. I forgot they had a cartoon series from that. Be safe with the snow from what they're saying on the world news it gonna be bad. I think they might have done some figures but I'd have to check on that.

You 2! Be safe. :)

(This post was edited by Elessar on Feb 8 2013, 2:05pm)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 11 2013, 2:37pm

Post #38 of 86 (3958 views)
Shortcut
From London to FL [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, dude! How was your weekend?

Congrats on the 9 Comic-Con journeys in a row! I wish I could join you, but I do need to save my vacation days. I'm going to England in October to visit my friend. Also, my parents just bought a townhouse in Florida so I'll be visiting them in December, most likely.

TF in the USA is this week so I'm hoping we see some fresh pics of future Hobbit merchandise soon. The link I sent you last night was the closest I've come to it, minus what Idle Hands had shown us. I was relieved to see Gloin after not seeing him in those photos! I mean, creating all but one dwarf by this time would have been not cool. lol I'm looking forward to seeing what other heros and villains are in TBD's Wave 2 for The Hobbit! If you hear anything about preorders for the TBD lines, please keep me posted.

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 11 2013, 6:06pm

Post #39 of 86 (4000 views)
Shortcut
Tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

It was good. Went and saw that new Hansel and Grettel movie this weekend. It was fun. Pure cheese factor but it was fun. Then I watched all the walking dead episodes in order to have my memory refreshed for the new start to the second part of season 3.

Thanks! Its the best show on the planet IMO and I love going. It would be great if you could but I understand both of those reasons are good reasons to not be there. Maybe 2014?

Yeah, photos are starting to leak. It appears someone posted some here in another thread and it looks like we may be getting two versions of Azog with Arm and without. I did see Gloin in the major pack and I see he's in a two pack. So like you said glad to see we'll have all of them by the end of Wave 2. Looks like they're also going to be doing some 6" two packs as well. Also, I read the packaging will change as we go into movie two which is nice.

Will do. :)

(This post was edited by Elessar on Feb 11 2013, 6:12pm)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 12 2013, 12:52pm

Post #40 of 86 (3957 views)
Shortcut
Hooray for Both Arms! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool beans. I preordered Hansel and Grettel. I watched Hotel Transylvania, which was awesome! I also saw Ice Age 4, which was better than I imagined it to be. Still need to watch Frankenweenie and Seven Psychopaths. lol I started watching The Batman cartoon series. It is GREAT!

2014 - let us hope! lol I know it would be a worthwhile experience for me.

I viewed that link - the figures look AMAZING! Dori looks pretty tough. Actually, I thought most of the facial expressions captured the characters well. I saw three 2 packs of dwarves, but Bofur and Nori were missing. I wonder if they will be put into a 2 pack or beast packs separately. Either way, I can't wait to preorder all of the 3.75' line! Of course, the 6' versions of Azog and Radagast are on my list as well. The Warg and Azog beast pack is a must have, I'd say. The fact that wer get to own both of Azog's arms if we choose is OUTSTANDING!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 12 2013, 4:19pm

Post #41 of 86 (3973 views)
Shortcut
Look Mom. Two Hands. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I saw you could PO it already on Amazon. I guess they're not expecting a long run in the theater. lol HT looks like it should be a good movie. I'll have to check it out. Love the Ice Age movies so I'll check that one out for sure at somepoint.

Will keep the fingers crossed. :)

Yeah, I think they all look really good. I truly like every thing I saw from the pics we've seen so far. I would bet they're in a two pack but just not in one of the pictures we saw. They only showed one slightly good pick of the two packs and you could only make out the stuff in the back. Yeah, I will be PO several things again and am tempted to go back and get the 6" Legolas and Tauriel figures. The Azog beast pack is sweet and the option to display both is pretty sweet.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 13 2013, 1:30pm

Post #42 of 86 (3963 views)
Shortcut
More 6" En Route [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon has The Hobbit on DVD listed, but unfortunately we can't actually order it until 02/26 - BUMMER! lol I was to see Oz The Great and Powerful along with Jack The Giant Slayer. Both of those seem like they're going to be pretty AWESOME!

No doubt many would think another 2 pack of dwarves would be appropriate, but Bofur and Nori don't exactly mesh together. lol I actually ordered the 6" versions of Bilbo, Gandalf, Legolas and Tauriel off of Amazon yesterday. Cost me around $65 for all 4, which I thought was fair.

When do you think we'll be able to PO Wave 2?

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 13 2013, 2:09pm

Post #43 of 86 (4035 views)
Shortcut
Five dollar footlong? lol [In reply to] Can't Post

The title made me think of subway. lol Nice! I see they have the DVD and both vesions of the Blu-Ray listed as well. I will be ordering on the 26th then for sure. :rock Make sure you order right away so on March 24th you can have a code to get into the special DoS event. I plan to see both of those as well. I think I will take my mom to see Oz as she loves the Wizard of Oz.

It could be odd I suppose. I just want them. lol Nice! I have Bilbo and Gandalf already so I just need Legolas and Tauriel to complete those 4. That's not bad at all. I don't know how much you use Amazon but for $80 a year you get free two day shipping on anything with the prime service. Sometimes these toys fall under that. I may have asked you before but in my advanced age (31) I forget things. Tongue

I would think March/April most likely. Maybe as late as May.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 14 2013, 2:13pm

Post #44 of 86 (3893 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf is Older! [In reply to] Can't Post

The $5 footlong promo was pretty neat. I will be all over 02/26 and ordering The Hobbit DVD. What is the special DoS event? I don't have a Blu-Ray. Will I still get access to the event? Yea, I think many moms would be a fan of Oz.

Cool beans. Good hunting picking up the 2 elves! I use Amazon a lot and already have Amazon Prime, but thanks for mentioning it! I think I only paid $40 because I was a student when I subscribed and Amazon gave me a discount. You're not old! Think of what Gandalf or Yoda would say to that comment...lol

My eyes and ears will be on the lookout come March and April then!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 14 2013, 4:39pm

Post #45 of 86 (4006 views)
Shortcut
Forever Yount [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yeah! Love me some subway. :) I hear ya! If you order the movie and I believe DVD counts as well you should get a special access code to watch some clips and be a part of a live event March 24th with Peter Jackson. Man, we need to get you a BR player. You can get them pretty darn cheap.

Thank ya! I think it should be easy enough to pick them up. At least I hope so. lol Sweet! That's an even better deal then. I pretty much order everything through them anymore as I dont pay tax or shipping. Its cheaper than driving to the local electronics store. Well, there are days I feel it for sure. Tongue Yeah, they would have a good chuckle about that.

Ditto my friend. Ditto.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 15 2013, 2:04pm

Post #46 of 86 (3910 views)
Shortcut
Villains Needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar! My paws are crossed that you too have a 3 day weekend!

What is supposed to happen at this event and where is it? Peter Jackson will be there? NICE! Yea, I know BR players are not that expensive, but then I'll have to buy so many new DVDs. lol I might invest in one though, eventually.

Ditto. Amazon ROCKS! You save gas, time, and (usually) money.

As far as I can tell, there are a lot of 2 packs coming out with basic figures in the 3.75" line, which I gladly welcome. However, we've only head of 1 beast pack and it's only for the 6" line. Plus, it appears as though we're a little short on villains for Wave 2. Who are the dwarves supposed to fight? lol

Enjoy your weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 15 2013, 2:14pm

Post #47 of 86 (3932 views)
Shortcut
3 Days off [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday to you as well! I do. I will be sleeping in on Monday. :)

Its supposed to be March 24th and it will be hosted on the internet someplace. There may be more info on the official The Hobbit movie website. I'd just rebuy the ones I really love as usually the BR players upgrade the DVD a bit.

Indeed!

I thought by the looks of things we were maybe getting a 6" Azog Beast Pack and a 3.75. Maybe it was just a 3.75 beast pack. I'm sure we'll get the Trolls but we may not see them until Comic-Con. We of course I'm sure will see some more orcs/goblins but the sad thing is we don't have a lot of bad guys.

U 2 Cool

steve2477
The Shire

Feb 16 2013, 12:27am

Post #48 of 86 (3903 views)
Shortcut
New York Toy fair [In reply to] Can't Post

Did anyone see the New York toy fair Hobbit pics. Gloin was shown. Azog does have his claw and normal hand, i think swappable. Heres the link.

http://www.figures.com/...gallery.php?cat=2592

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 16 2013, 2:07am

Post #49 of 86 (4462 views)
Shortcut
I saw [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually posted their coverage to out FP. They took some good shots. I saw that about Azog and I think one of those is going to be the comic-con exclusive this year.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Feb 19 2013, 3:02pm

Post #50 of 86 (3865 views)
Shortcut
More Hands! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys! How was the weekend?

I would say the more hands the merrier in this case! That might be a difficult exclusive for collectors to get their "hands" on.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.