Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Majesty of the Eldar.

Almighty_gir

Feb 14 2013, 10:13pm

Views: 214
Shortcut
Majesty of the Eldar. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Finally able to get to your link! Thanks for soliciting input - this is really fun!

I like the model so far - regarding this:

capture the magic and majesty you would expect of the Eldar

Yes, in that respect I like the brow area - I think the eyebrows themselves have a regal sort of look, kind of stern, but not exactly angry. I think it's a good balance, I like that.

Regarding the nose, right now I agree it falls into the 'handsome man' category - perhaps try a stronger nose, play around with the bridge area of the nose - the bridge makes such a tremendous difference in the appearance. Right now it's a classically proportioned nose, I don't know how easy or difficult it is to try different looks, but if you can try different nose shapes, particularly the bridge, that might get you more into the hawk-like or strong/sharp look ... not forbidding or threatening but lofty, that type of appearance.

Right now the mouth and chin are attractive and in proportion, although if the nose changes to be more prominent then the chin would have to become a bit stronger too.

I would say also that currently the design seems identifiable as European - changing some of the nose shape might give it a harder-to-identify appearance, which would then take it into that magical / majestic type of category, where you can't really place where a person who looks this way would come from.

I hope my ramblings above are helpful! This is really nice work and I am looking forward to seeing more of your designs :-).

Subject User Time
Ambitious project, scene from the Silmarillion, could use feedback! Almighty_gir Send a private message to Almighty_gir Feb 3 2013, 5:53pm
    cool stuff! swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Feb 4 2013, 4:32am
    Links don't work for me :( Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 7 2013, 4:46pm
        update Almighty_gir Send a private message to Almighty_gir Feb 8 2013, 9:32am
            Balrog Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 14 2013, 8:11pm
        Glorfindel WIP Almighty_gir Send a private message to Almighty_gir Feb 13 2013, 10:15pm
            Oh, I like that! Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 14 2013, 7:56pm
                Majesty of the Eldar. Almighty_gir Send a private message to Almighty_gir Feb 14 2013, 10:13pm
                    Invisible ink :-)? Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 16 2013, 7:08pm
                        Majesty of the Eldar. Almighty_gir Send a private message to Almighty_gir Feb 17 2013, 1:46pm
                            Nice! Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 18 2013, 2:59pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.