Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Questions about Hobbit blu-rays at Amazon.com

tripecac
Rivendell

Feb 8 2013, 5:33pm

Views: 653
Shortcut
Questions about Hobbit blu-rays at Amazon.com Can't Post

Some questions, not sure if they are 100% answerable at this point.

1) For the 5 disc 3D blu-ray multi-pack, will the special features appear on:

a) 3D blu-ray only (in 2D since I presume they were not filmed in 3D)
b) 2D blu-ray only
c) DVD only
d) 3D blu-ray and DVD
e) 2D blu-ray and DVD
f) 3D blu-ray, 2D blu-ray, and DVD

It seems like #f would be redundant, unless the special features were filmed in 3D. It also seems since (I presume) 3D requires more disk space than 2D, there will be more room on the 2D blu-rays for the special features. Also, the DVD-only option seems unlikely, since the vlogs were HD. So my guess is either #b (2D blu-ray only) or #e (2D blu-ray and DVD).

2) Will the Amazon.com (not uk) blu-rays and dvds be region-free? I'm in NZ, so want to make sure I can actually play both the blu-rays and DVDs.

3) If we don't receive the discs before the DoS sneak-peak, will we be able to view it online afterwards? Or will we need to wait until someone posts it (illegally perhaps) to YouTube?

4) There was an Amazon (US) page for the 3D multi-pack a couple days ago; I think it was linked from blu-ray.com or a similar site. That page appears to be gone now. Does this mean it's not available for preorder from Amazon (US) yet?

And finally:

5) Anyone know when the 3D blu-rays will be available for pre-order from stores within NZ?

Thanks!

Subject User Time
Questions about Hobbit blu-rays at Amazon.com tripecac Send a private message to tripecac Feb 8 2013, 5:33pm
    Special Features Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Feb 8 2013, 6:01pm
    Do we know when Amazon is going to put it up for sale? Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Feb 8 2013, 9:34pm
        Well..... Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Feb 8 2013, 9:54pm
    Region Free talkingmongoose Send a private message to talkingmongoose Feb 9 2013, 12:38pm
        Warner BluRays are region-free... TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Feb 9 2013, 12:55pm
    The bonus features will be on their own disc Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Feb 10 2013, 9:12am
        Thanks tripecac Send a private message to tripecac Feb 10 2013, 5:41pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.