Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Painting for a friend. " Gandalf and Frodo"

demanon
Rivendell

Feb 7 2013, 12:40am

Views: 138
Shortcut
Painting for a friend. " Gandalf and Frodo" Can't Post

I offered, to a supporter of my works, a painting I would love to them to have as a thank you for the enthusiasm they expressed towards the art I displayed here . I asked if they had a specific scene from either " The Hobbit" or "The Lord of the Rings" they had in mind. I was suggested this quote:

'I should like to save the Shire, if I could--though there have been times when I thought the inhabitants too stupid and dull for words, and have felt that an earthquake or an invasion of dragons might be good for them. But I don't feel like that now. I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

It's the scene in the study at Bag End when Gandalf and Frodo discover that Bilbo's ring is in fact "The One Ring". I tried to convey the moment when both parties have come to terms what must be done.Frodo, staring down at the ring in his hand, while Gandalf is lost in thought of things that might come to pass. Here is a link to a bigger picture and as always, thank you for liking my works.
http://s773.beta.photobucket.com/...41014107155757135842

Subject User Time
Painting for a friend. " Gandalf and Frodo" demanon Send a private message to demanon Feb 7 2013, 12:40am
    nice moody, shadowy feel swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Feb 7 2013, 8:04pm
    Awesome Rolfina Send a private message to Rolfina Feb 8 2013, 11:46am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.