Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
York, UK as Diagon Alley?

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Feb 5 2013, 7:18pm

Views: 181
Shortcut
York, UK as Diagon Alley? Can't Post

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/...005DC-20_634x657.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/...2/20/Diagonalley.jpg

Note the almost identical curved architectural
element on the left side.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Feb 5 2013, 7:19pm)

Subject User Time
York, UK as Diagon Alley? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 5 2013, 7:18pm
    That's Stonegate Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Feb 5 2013, 8:41pm
        I see elements of both, I wonder if Rowling or Chris Columbus Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 5 2013, 9:46pm
            Wiki claims Cecil court as the inspiration Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 6 2013, 12:48am
    Just to say that I live and study in York :D \o/... I don't think that's where they filmed though... Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Feb 7 2013, 5:27am
    some pics I took last year of York :D Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Feb 7 2013, 5:48am
        In 1992, while my wife was in graduate school, she took the Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 7 2013, 6:49am
            nice!, sounds awesome! // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Feb 8 2013, 7:06pm
        Nice pictures! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Feb 8 2013, 8:03am
            :D yep, there's The Shambles yep. The most famous street. Very short one though. I go through it pretty often ;) // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Feb 8 2013, 7:08pm
    York is said to be the most haunted city in the UK, but no one mentioned witches or wizards :P // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Feb 8 2013, 8:07am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.