Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
FotR suprise

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Feb 3 2013, 3:23pm

Post #1 of 10 (300 views)
Shortcut
FotR suprise Can't Post

So back in the fall of 2001, before FotR came out and I was first posting on TORn, I bought the FotR soundtrack CD from Amazon. Today I got an e-mail saying they had put songs from the soundtrack for free on my "cloud player" because I had bought the CD from them. I haven't gone through to see if they're all there, but a lot of them are. It's been years since I've listened to it. Maybe it's time again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 3 2013, 3:53pm

Post #2 of 10 (173 views)
Shortcut
after all the hours I've listened to LOTR music... [In reply to] Can't Post

the music from the FOTR still evokes a special thrill for me - one of returning home to fond memories.

I got the same email! :-)

I have to set up an account to manage my cloud. I've been putting off doing it because I'm not one would operate from a cloud. I don't have a cell phone or a mp3 player that access the web so when I'm on the 'net', I'm sitting at my computer with all my music at my fingertips. But it won't hurt to do it, I suppose.

My surprise last night was TTT. I like to fall asleep to the tv. I have a brain that gets itself in trouble if I put it down in the dark with nothing to occupy it. Saturday nights are hard to find things to watch (I don't have cable). I was surfing around for my options when Isengard popped up on my screen. It was the TT playing on my local station. I set the sleep timer to 40 minutes instead of 30, laid my head down and went to sleep.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Feb 3 2013, 5:58pm

Post #3 of 10 (160 views)
Shortcut
I don't do much with the cloud [In reply to] Can't Post

except occasionally listen to music on my work computer, instead of carting CDs over there. I buy MP3s occasionally, and listen to them at work.

I listen to stuff at night to fall asleep too, mostly books read out loud by my kindle. When I was young I used to use the time to live an elaborate fantasy life, but since I've grown older I can't concentrate enough to make that work, so now I live the fantasy lives created by authors. Sometimes I even listen to my own novels :-) The only bad part is that I can't arrange for it to shut off at a certain time. So I'm listening to Anna Karenina, and I'll wake up at 3AM and a dozen chapters have gone by.

I've only seen TTT a small handful of times. FotR was the one that really grabbed me.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Feb 3 2013, 6:43pm

Post #4 of 10 (176 views)
Shortcut
Love FoTR soundtrack :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I listened to the FoTR soundtrack last night, and it is like reliving the movie all over again--it is fun to connect the music to the scenes! Beautiful music :) I notice new things each time--such as the music when Merry and Pippin are running through the cornfield (with Sam and Frodo in tow) is the same as the music in AUJ when Bilbo is running out his door to meet the Dwarves.

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 4 2013, 8:03am

Post #5 of 10 (140 views)
Shortcut
Totally off topic but [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to know about that very cute Bilbo picture!

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Feb 4 2013, 12:37pm

Post #6 of 10 (179 views)
Shortcut
How off topic is a topic in the Off Topic thread? :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't he cute? I found the picture online a couple of weeks ago, and cropped it from a larger picture with other characters from AUJ.I would have used the picture earlier but lost the link to the website I got it from, and didn't want to use it until I could properly cite the source Blush

Here is the website: http://nerdpipo.tumblr.com/page/3

Scroll down through the page--there are a few more "Hobbit" drawings as well. Enjoy!

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

(This post was edited by Aragalen the Green on Feb 4 2013, 12:40pm)

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 5 2013, 5:36am

Post #7 of 10 (172 views)
Shortcut
A topic in off topic is never off topic nor is it on topic [In reply to] Can't Post

It's precisely the topic it means to be. Laugh

Very cute drawings!

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 5 2013, 3:45pm

Post #8 of 10 (123 views)
Shortcut
This is topologically on topic off topic [In reply to] Can't Post

due to the infinitely concentric interior* of the matter. Crazy

*Interior includes the exterior which is actually within the interior... infinitudely.

...There, i am sure glad we straightened that out Tongue

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Feb 5 2013, 3:54pm

Post #9 of 10 (112 views)
Shortcut
My brain hurts :( [In reply to] Can't Post

It's like trying to figure out a tesseract! Frown
I think I'll apply a topical ointment, and see if that helps. Crazy

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Feb 5 2013, 11:08pm

Post #10 of 10 (173 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful soundtrack!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've actually been listening to it recently, since TH came out and I was surprised to hear the Black Riders theme during the film. Of course, my favorite music was always the Shire themes.

Don't you just love rediscovering old music? :)

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Mozart and Chocolate

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.