Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Hobbit Birthday Party. Ideas welcome!

anagum
The Shire

Feb 4 2013, 6:14am

Views: 935
Shortcut
Hobbit Birthday Party. Ideas welcome! Can't Post

Hello! Heh, this is my first time posting here and it's a NEW thread, of all things. Better that than lurking forever, right?

I am turning 24 in about two days and I plan on having a birthday party with around 10 guests, the theme being a generic hobbit event (not necessarily connected to the movie). My initial idea was to make everybody wear costumes (as I'm wearing a lady hobbit one myself. So excited!), but seeing as how that's not nice on everybody's wallet, I've decided to simply color code everybody's clothes, brown, yellows and reds belonging to those who want to be hobbits, and blue, purples and whites, for those who want to be elves (so you can have more variety?)

Although I've been rolling with the idea for days now and I have a few weeks left to plan, I'm still very unsure of how everything is going down and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this before and for some pointers! Whether it was a pre-The Hobbit party or some other LOTR-related festivity, how did you pull it off? What kind of activities did you incorporate? Appropriate music? Appropriate dancing?

Considering everybody there is going to be around their 20s or older, I'm kind of at a loss on what could be entertaining and hobbity, and not have it be borderline childish. As for decorating, I'm thinking it'd be cool to have the living room spruced up so that it looks rustic and natural (maybe adding flower pots, books everywhere, tree branches, comfy cushions and dim lighting). I've found some inspiration online, but does anyone have any advice on this front, as well?

As for recipes (this has been the funnest aspect to research), I'm planning on serving fruit wines, pumpkin soup, bread and cheese, sauteed mushrooms, potatoes, pork pies, apple tart and seed cake (everybody better be hungry, haha). Any advice here is welcome too!

So, penny for your thoughts? If this turns out to be half as fun as I envision it in my head, I might just post some pictures. Tongue

Subject User Time
Hobbit Birthday Party. Ideas welcome! anagum Send a private message to anagum Feb 4 2013, 6:14am
    Howdy and Welcome! What a great idea :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 4 2013, 5:48pm
        thoughts Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 4 2013, 6:22pm
    Hobbit Party Games? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 4 2013, 8:48pm
    Don't forget that most Hobbity of birthday traditions tennie75 Send a private message to tennie75 Feb 5 2013, 4:26am
    Fun! I'll try to think of more Nira Send a private message to Nira Feb 5 2013, 5:50am
        Aaaaah, so much stuff to work from! :D anagum Send a private message to anagum Feb 10 2013, 4:04am
            gramma is the queen of trinket gifties Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 10 2013, 4:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.