Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
More news about The Hobbit on Marketsaw

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2007, 1:22am

Views: 838
Shortcut
More news about The Hobbit on Marketsaw Can't Post

Concerning "The Hobbit":
Basically my source confirms that PJ's camp is covering up what they don't want the world to know yet. But this is what he can assure me:
1. New Line WANTS Peter Jackson to direct The Hobbit. (Another source has said that they are close to an agreement). My sources are "guaranteeing" that he will direct. I have never heard them say this before!
2. The Hobbit WILL BE a two part film - but here is the new information - the second film will be influenced by "The Silmarillion" and "The History of Middle-earth Series" (which is a 12 part series of books where JRR's son, Christopher Tolkien analyses JRR's old manuscripts; the manuscripts that ultimately led to become "The Silmarillion", "Lord of the Rings" and "Númenor" which is sort of like Atlantis). The second movie will ultimately lead us up to creation of The Fellowship in a graceful and logical fashion! So for all of you out there that thought that "The Hobbit" is too short a story for two feature movies (let alone two Peter Jackson feature movies) then you were right.
Now that is simply awesome news! There is a great deal of Middle-earth information in those manuscripts and the interpretation of Tolkien's son adds much more content of course. It goes without saying that this has not been officially announced. Peter Jackson will direct "The Hobbit" and it's sequel: This is insider information from sources that are on the battle front and they are staking their reputation on it! I have this info from two separate sources as I have posted before. I have never heard them be so emphatic about something taking place before. The Hobbit in 3D is just the sort of movie to bring 3D to the masses in a big way with Avatar providing the 1-2 punch.

I have talked with Jim and he seems pretty confident about his sources. Personally, I do believe him. I do find weird the HoME part, as we all know that is carefully guarded by CT, and I don't know how that would change. Sounds promising, though.

Let it be heard! We want Jackson for The Hobbit!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

(This post was edited by Compa_Mighty on Dec 6 2007, 1:30am)

Subject User Time
More news about The Hobbit on Marketsaw Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 6 2007, 1:22am
    Oh, how exciting! kareniel Send a private message to kareniel Dec 6 2007, 1:35am
        I Hope This Ads Up to Something JRandomRohirrim Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim Dec 6 2007, 1:51am
    Phantasmagorical! Reptile Send a private message to Reptile Dec 6 2007, 2:07am
        But the suspense is KILLING me!:) Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 6 2007, 4:53am
    I'm glad you are here with me, TORnsibs... Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Dec 6 2007, 5:43am
    eh Windfola Send a private message to Windfola Dec 6 2007, 6:14am
        I tend to… Timbo_mbadil Send a private message to Timbo_mbadil Dec 6 2007, 9:01am
        I was excited to see a mail from Jim early this morning in my inbox... Earl Send a private message to Earl Dec 6 2007, 10:05am
            grain of salt Windfola Send a private message to Windfola Dec 6 2007, 10:52am
                Well, he did post a follow up... Earl Send a private message to Earl Dec 6 2007, 11:58am
                Tired of the rumors? Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Dec 6 2007, 12:17pm
                    Heh heh Earl Send a private message to Earl Dec 6 2007, 12:47pm
                    Oh Geez! *geek-o-meter spikes* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 6 2007, 5:48pm
                        I think we're going to need an intervention plan Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 7 2007, 12:10am
                            *snigger* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 7 2007, 3:17pm
                    Yessa-no orcbane Dec 7 2007, 12:40pm
                        Well... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Dec 7 2007, 11:08pm
    No way. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 6 2007, 8:36am
        Are rights needed to any extent for mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Dec 6 2007, 9:16am
            Depends on the details of the "inspiration". Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 6 2007, 7:34pm
        I'm afraid I'm with you, Elizabeth... Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 6 2007, 5:08pm
        I agree about HOME and the Sil entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 10 2007, 12:05am
            To clarify a bit further... Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 10 2007, 4:25am
                Sorry, but Nasmith, Lee, Howe? Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 10 2007, 9:50pm
                    An excellent point. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 11 2007, 3:03am
                        In fact... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 11 2007, 3:14am
                            "several fim makers in separate endeavours could in fact lead to uneven qualities" N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 11 2007, 3:24am
                                Well yes... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 11 2007, 3:38am
                            "I would not mind another director. The visuals would connect us." squire Send a private message to squire Dec 11 2007, 3:52am
                                I just want to say: Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 11 2007, 8:18am
    More Middle-earth rumblings .. Elven Send a private message to Elven Dec 6 2007, 3:14pm
        Waiting for the press release... tiamy Send a private message to tiamy Dec 6 2007, 4:16pm
    *rubs shaking hands together!* Alrighty then! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 6 2007, 5:47pm
    we already knew that! _V_ Send a private message to _V_ Dec 6 2007, 7:54pm
    I do not doubt the validity of this persons' sources. deej Send a private message to deej Dec 6 2007, 8:09pm
    Again, these rumors have the ring of truth about them. BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 6 2007, 9:16pm
        So... small update at Marketsaw... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 7 2007, 2:05am
            Very interesting ... BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 7 2007, 3:58am
                There's a vast amount of unpublished stuff. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 7 2007, 8:56am
                    I know very little about CT... Wielder of Anduril Send a private message to Wielder of Anduril Dec 8 2007, 12:07am
                        What about a Feebles Silmarillion? // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 8 2007, 2:41am
                        Copyrights can last for a long time. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 8 2007, 8:03am
                            All good points. Wielder of Anduril Send a private message to Wielder of Anduril Dec 19 2007, 12:18am
                ...and unlikely. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 7 2007, 8:41pm
            Personally ... fmaximus Send a private message to fmaximus Dec 7 2007, 4:39am
                but Windfola Send a private message to Windfola Dec 7 2007, 5:24am
                    I believe it's the other way 'round. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 7 2007, 8:43am
            "PJ has access to the JRR manuscripts and extensive notes..." - Really? squire Send a private message to squire Dec 8 2007, 2:29am
                A "lay" interpretation FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 8 2007, 6:51am
                    Since Christopher Tolkien... fmaximus Send a private message to fmaximus Dec 8 2007, 4:58pm
    How are the sources "staking their reputation" on this news? N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 7 2007, 8:47pm
        Perhaps staking their reputation as reliable sources?// Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Send a private message to Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Dec 8 2007, 10:53pm
            Do anonymous sources have reputations? // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 9 2007, 1:29am
                LOL, Mr Brigand! Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 9 2007, 1:54am
                    Thanks! BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 9 2007, 4:48am
                Heh heh ... BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 9 2007, 6:22am
                    But don't... N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 9 2007, 6:54am
                    Yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking.// Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Send a private message to Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Dec 9 2007, 8:00am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.