deskp
Lorien

Jan 28 2013, 9:45am

Post #1 of 86 (5359 views)
Shortcut
The new action figures 2013 AUJ Can't Post

Idlehands has posted pictures of the rest of the AUJ +bolg action figures
http://idlehands1.blogspot.no/...cts-hobbit.html#more

The new dwarves looks fairy nice, Radagast could use some more color.

What do you guys think?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jan 28 2013, 12:28pm

Post #2 of 86 (4734 views)
Shortcut
Great news! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really looking forward to these figures!

I know these are prototypes but there are few things I noticed:
- Radagast looks not really like "The Brown" to me. Yes his coat is brown but couldn't the use a "warmer" brown? It looks almost grey in a way. And yes it was mentioned in the article: No bird poop? Unsure
- Azog and his (repainted) warg is my favorite one but why does he have hair and why doesn't he carry his mace from AUJ but Bolgs weapons?
- We now have all 12 dwarves... wait 12? Right Gloin is still missing! Bombur looks great!

All in all: They don't look that bad. At least Azog with his almost white warg and Bolg are already on my wish list but why no more baddies? No new orc or goblin?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 28 2013, 3:39pm

Post #3 of 86 (4705 views)
Shortcut
Whoohoo to Wave 2! [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog looks AWESOME! I'm psyched for the dwarves, but I also noticed that Gloin was missing. Perhaps he's not made yet, or is in some sort of a beast pack? Making 11 is just wrong. lol Still, I'm excited!

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 28 2013, 6:44pm

Post #4 of 86 (4717 views)
Shortcut
Missed it [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't notice Gloin was missing until this morning when you all mentioned it. Maybe he's in some kind of two pack or something that we'll see in Wave 2? I hope thats the case anyways.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2013, 7:32pm

Post #5 of 86 (4698 views)
Shortcut
I'm amazed by how much better these dwarves look compared to those in wave 1! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only one I don't like is Azog. His face is too squashed and why does he have hair?

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 28 2013, 8:46pm

Post #6 of 86 (4691 views)
Shortcut
Articulation Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

I just hope the attire the dwarves have doesn't interfere with their articulation like that of Wave 1. They look grand!

Erudryt
The Shire

Jan 28 2013, 9:16pm

Post #7 of 86 (4696 views)
Shortcut
Great news ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those new figures looks great. I will get the 3 new 6 inchs. I'm happy they chose to make Azog, Bolg and Radagast in 6 inch but I was hoping for a second dwarve too.

(This post was edited by Erudryt on Jan 28 2013, 9:16pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 28 2013, 9:17pm

Post #8 of 86 (4696 views)
Shortcut
Maybe some change [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect some tweaking but as a whole I believe the articluation will be fairly similar to what we saw with the 3 3/4 figures in wave one. Dori looks really good and might match Balin for best Dwarf so far.

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jan 28 2013, 9:17pm)

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 28 2013, 10:48pm

Post #9 of 86 (4679 views)
Shortcut
YES!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can get all of them now!! Woohoo!! I can finally have the Ri Brothers! ^_^

grinman
Rivendell

Jan 29 2013, 12:34am

Post #10 of 86 (4674 views)
Shortcut
doubtful [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm doubtful that it will only be those 3 figures released in the 6" wave... I'm fairly certain that those are the only 3 they're showing right now.

Remember at comiccon, they only showed Gandalf, Thorin and Bilbo in the 6" wave. They ended up releasing Legolas, Tauriel and Yazneg (only released in the UK). So, following that same trend, we can expect 2 or 3 other figures to show up between now and summer.

My hopes are for Balin, Bofur and Gollum.

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 29 2013, 2:30am

Post #11 of 86 (4673 views)
Shortcut
For me [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not looking for the 6 inch. At the moment, I'm not really interested. I want the 3.75. That's what I'm getting for the others that are out now. That's what I plan to get when these come out. So, if they're 3.75, then I'll be one happy little Dwarf Collector. ^_^

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 29 2013, 1:16pm

Post #12 of 86 (4684 views)
Shortcut
Here's to Balin, Dwalin, and the Ri Bros! [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar, you know Dwalin has my first place spot for best figure in the 3 3/4 line of Wave 1. Balin is my number 2. lol Cheers to the Ri borthers!

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 29 2013, 3:46pm

Post #13 of 86 (4691 views)
Shortcut
Brothers United [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course Dwaling is also a great choice. You know I love the look of the character. I think you could flip flop both of those and win either way. I am very much looking forward to the other Dwarves but also getting Radagast and Azog.

steve2477
The Shire

Jan 30 2013, 1:40am

Post #14 of 86 (4626 views)
Shortcut
More is better. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Gloin is coming as 3 3/4 as well, hes just not pictured and some Goblins figures too. I read it on Toynewsi.com and they said Gandalf/ Radagast 2 pack, Azog with Warg beast pack and Dwarf/Goblin 3 packs are coming. I dont think this is all of the 3 3/4 wave 2 figures. They will probably show more closer to release.

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 1:43am

Post #15 of 86 (4630 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds like music to my ears. Me and Dwalin have been talking about multipacks with goblins and dwarves. So this is really good news if that rumor is floating about. I figure we will see more than that as we get closer to say toy fair and at worst comic-con

steve2477
The Shire

Jan 30 2013, 1:57am

Post #16 of 86 (4637 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately [In reply to] Can't Post

Just read on Idlehands that the goblins/orcs in a Goblin 3 pack will be Bolg, Fimbul and Grinnah. So it will be pre released baddies im afraid

Two Dwarf 3 packs - Dori, Nori, Ori & Bofur, Bombur, Bifur i guess that leaves Gloin and Oin in a 2 pack?
One Goblin 3 pack - Bolg, Fimbul, Grinnah damn shame, i wanted a new 3 3/4 Yazneg
Radagast/ Gandalf wizard pack

(This post was edited by steve2477 on Jan 30 2013, 1:59am)

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 2:11am

Post #17 of 86 (4627 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Still glad to see 3 packs but I don't need those.

Well, I'm getting all the dwarves so however they split it up I'm game.

I want a 3 3/4 Yanzeg as well.

steve2477
The Shire

Jan 30 2013, 2:21am

Post #18 of 86 (4640 views)
Shortcut
Thankfully [In reply to] Can't Post

Its not 1 Goblin & 2 new Dwarves as 3 packs, they could have easily made us buy them that way, unless it changes, hope not though. They mention playsets as well, but there was that Goblin King playset that never came out.

(This post was edited by steve2477 on Jan 30 2013, 2:23am)

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 2:31am

Post #19 of 86 (4690 views)
Shortcut
True [In reply to] Can't Post

Those kind of ideas are good for army builder sets later in the line though. I am curious about these playsets as well.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 30 2013, 12:55pm

Post #20 of 86 (4628 views)
Shortcut
Bring on the Dwarves! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I hope the Goblin King Playset comes out along with the Nori and Stone Troll beast pack. I kept my preorders on those with BBTS and Toywiz. Elessar, I'm with you on picking up more dwarves. It's about time they are reunited with the rest of Thorin and Co from Wave 1! As for your comment, steve2477, let's keep our paws crossed that TBD doesn't make us repurchase duplicates of figures we already have in order to get new ones. That would be a BUMMER! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 4:12pm

Post #21 of 86 (4704 views)
Shortcut
A company reunited [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, it will be nice to have all the Dwarves. I've been able to complete the Fellowship and the Traveling Company from The Hobbit with the Lego sets but I'd like to get them all in the other formats. Looks like we'll be able to do this fairly soon with TBD but Sideshow, Weta, and GG will take time which is normal with the higher end items.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 31 2013, 12:38pm

Post #22 of 86 (4606 views)
Shortcut
The Summer Wind [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lego sets looks pretty cool! The last word I read on TBD was that Wave 2 might not come out until summer. Did you hear different? I hope that my ideas sent to TBD for future productions of their 3 3/4 inch and 6 inch figure lines have a positive effect. If not, may the grace of the Valar shine down upon us!

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 31 2013, 3:36pm

Post #23 of 86 (4756 views)
Shortcut
Thankfully not gone with the wind lol [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lego sets are pretty slick. I've snagged a few of them and its something pretty fun to have in the oole collection. That's the last I heard and I expect its probably is still the case. I'd like it to be a bit sooner and it could if they announce anything at Toy Fair next month. Let's hope. At least it lets them know fans are interested in their product and the process of making them.

steve2477
The Shire

Feb 1 2013, 1:52pm

Post #24 of 86 (4572 views)
Shortcut
Just noticed [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog has his normal arm, not his claw replacement. His Warg would need to be much whiter too. I prefer Azog with his normal arm though as a figure, i know it isnt movie accurate, but he looks better as a figure.

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 1 2013, 2:17pm

Post #25 of 86 (4620 views)
Shortcut
I saw that [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm assuming its either because its a proto, we're getting two Azogs, or switch out parts.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.