Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Funny observations from my students

Menelwyn
Rohan

Jan 29 2013, 4:13am

Views: 380
Shortcut
Funny observations from my students Can't Post

As those of you who have been around may remember, I teach a three-week long course on LOTR (book and movies) during our high school's Interim Term in January. My students sometimes come up with some funny things or odd ideas. Here are a few samples!

There are of course some misspellings, starting with simple things like Rivendale and Aragon, but moving on to Aeowin (which girl is that again?), Sauroman (which bad guy is that?), and my favorite, Isidoor.

Some movie comments
"Frodo slept so long it's morning?" (on his vision of Galadriel after being stabbed by Shelob)
"So the Witch-king is like a balloon?" (on the implosion of his helmet)

And on the book
"This has to do with Aragorn's claim as King of Mordor." What's the status of Mordor after the War of the Ring anyway?
"Tom is in hiding at the Council of Elrond." Bombadil really gets around, doesn't he?
"Sam is very different from the warrior heroes like Aragorn and Boromir. One of his most heroic deeds is fighting Shelob."
"Boromir was spartan because he never married."
"Lord of the Rings is a massive compilation of stories from everyday lives." That student must have a much more interesting life than I do!
"The family of Boromir, Denethor, and Faramir is a very typical one, dealing with the sorts of problems that many families face."

Subject User Time
Funny observations from my students Menelwyn Send a private message to Menelwyn Jan 29 2013, 4:13am
    My favorite. Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Jan 29 2013, 4:26am
        If this reflects... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jan 29 2013, 2:11pm
            I don't know if that family dynamic is so far off from many families Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 29 2013, 2:43pm
                I guess... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jan 29 2013, 3:27pm
                    One way to remember is: Asger Send a private message to Asger Jan 29 2013, 4:29pm
                    That's what I thought was funny, yeah. Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Jan 29 2013, 4:40pm
        Me too! Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë Feb 1 2013, 8:30am
    So funny...'cause I would never make these mistakes :P zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jan 29 2013, 5:39am
        is there a difference (in meaning) between a dale and a dell? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 29 2013, 2:50pm
    Boromir was spartan Starling Send a private message to Starling Jan 29 2013, 7:01am
    If you think of it, one is actually correct. sador Send a private message to sador Jan 29 2013, 7:22am
    lol - Sauroman Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Jan 29 2013, 2:01pm
    The status of Mordor? *snigger* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2013, 6:48pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.