Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Will we get to see Sting get its blade inscription or be ''Named''?

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jan 28 2013, 8:58pm

Views: 530
Shortcut
Will we get to see Sting get its blade inscription or be ''Named''? Can't Post

As we know the version of Sting in AUJ has no blade inscription like we see in LOTR. I cant remember in the book if it is referenced that it has a inscription on it when its first taken from the Trolls hoard. So im guessing Sting will have to earn its name, and the blade inscription from the events in Mirkwood in the film.

Would be nice to see Bilbo getting the sword named/incribed to make it match what we see in LOTR. Will we get to see that scene on film?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Subject User Time
Will we get to see Sting get its blade inscription or be ''Named''? Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Jan 28 2013, 8:58pm
    I'd love to see that! Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jan 28 2013, 9:53pm
    I bet they will Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Jan 28 2013, 10:19pm
    I wonder where this would occur? Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 28 2013, 10:49pm
        Rivendell i think. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Jan 28 2013, 11:18pm
            It would be lovely Esmeralda Send a private message to Esmeralda Jan 29 2013, 4:07am
    Good Lord I hope not !!! ForestPark Jan 28 2013, 11:15pm
    absolutely Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Jan 29 2013, 5:46pm
    I'm sure Sting will be named.... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 29 2013, 10:49pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.