Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bolg/Mt. Gundabad

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 27 2013, 3:50am

Post #1 of 12 (967 views)
Shortcut
Bolg/Mt. Gundabad Can't Post

In the books Bolg becomes the leader of the orcs after the battle of Azablahblah(not even trying) and goes and reestablishes Mt. Gundabad as the capitol for the orcs of the Misty Mountains. Sooooo has all of this been changed because of Azog's survival and is Bolg going to be nothing but a torturer in Dol Guldur? I ask this because I would love to see Mt. Gundabad somehow and I hope it starts with Azog dying and Bolg taking control in his place and thus going to Gundabad to prep for the BoFA. Thoughts?

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2013, 5:55am

Post #2 of 12 (539 views)
Shortcut
Gundabad has to be part of the trilogy [In reply to] Can't Post

especially with the expanded story. I hope they show Gundabad, i would think it will come into play prior to BOT5A. Is it confirmed Bolg will be a torturer in dol-guldur??

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty, oh will you please take me home!!

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 27 2013, 10:41am

Post #3 of 12 (371 views)
Shortcut
Hey, it's not that difficult :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Try it this way :
Aza - nul - bi - zar ..... then, Azanul - bizar
and finally voila! Azanulbizar. CrazyTongue

Back on topic now, I think since 'Gundabad' is mentioned twice in the movie as the place of origin for Azog and the wargs, we are most likely going to see this place preparing for war.
If there will be Azog or Bolg or Azog And Bolg leading the armies, I can not say...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 27 2013, 1:38pm

Post #4 of 12 (292 views)
Shortcut
Haha, [In reply to] Can't Post

I've actually learned that word by now, but it took me some time to memorize it xD
Azanulbizar! (I didn't look it up!)

And yes! I want to see Gundabad! Must be an amazing place for orc-lovers Wink

Vocalist in the progressive metal band Renamed.

Lightice
Lorien

Jan 27 2013, 1:48pm

Post #5 of 12 (297 views)
Shortcut
It would certainly be cool to see how orcs live without outside interference. [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I wonder how it could be handled in the films. There certainly needs to be more foreshadowing to the orc attack in the Battle of the Five Armies than there is in the book, but you can't lose the element of surprise entirely, either.

Maybe we could have a scene where emissaries of the Necromancer arrive at Gundabad, but the audience won't be exactly privy to what they are doing there until the end?

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Jan 27 2013, 4:26pm

Post #6 of 12 (230 views)
Shortcut
blackriders [In reply to] Can't Post

i really dont care much for this orc subplot, and either way it pans ot i think it ll just be ok. we shall see!

it really doenst capture me like the blackriders did in lotr, im afraid to say.

maybe i should just keep that to myself!

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 27 2013, 6:59pm

Post #7 of 12 (186 views)
Shortcut
Not for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is it confirmed Bolg will be a torturer in dol-guldur??

Just his action figure with Gandalf that says the two meet when Gandalf goes to Dol Guldur. Seems believable.

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Jan 27 2013, 7:56pm

Post #8 of 12 (155 views)
Shortcut
Or [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Try it this way :
Aza - nul - bi - zar ..... then, Azanul - bizar
and finally voila! Azanulbizar. CrazyTongue

Back on topic now, I think since 'Gundabad' is mentioned twice in the movie as the place of origin for Azog and the wargs, we are most likely going to see this place preparing for war.
If there will be Azog or Bolg or Azog And Bolg leading the armies, I can not say...

You could just call it the Batle of Nanduhirion and call it a day. Laugh

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 28 2013, 1:55am

Post #9 of 12 (122 views)
Shortcut
Or, try this awesome Azanulbizar mnemonic, courtesy of [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruxendil Thoorg

Laugh

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 28 2013, 4:19pm

Post #10 of 12 (69 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll get to see some 'gathering of orc tribes' shown in quick cuts in some way, after the dragon's fall. I doubt there will be specific references to this place or that.

Lio
Lorien

Jan 28 2013, 9:33pm

Post #11 of 12 (62 views)
Shortcut
Orc muster at Mount Gundabad! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I'd love to see this! Maybe Azog or Bolg or whoever is around at that point can even give an evil inspirational speech. Speech! SPEECH! And maybe some weeping Orc maidens will see them off (think Faramir's departure in RotK)... okay, I'll stop now.

As for Bolg, I also wonder how he'll be included seeing Azog's expanded role. Maybe they'll both be at the Battle of the Five Armies, with one being killed off first and the other seeking revenge? Or maybe Azog will get all the spotlight and Bolg will stay behind playing video games in the Dol Guldur basement? (Sorry, I know I said I'll stop. Crazy)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 28 2013, 9:56pm

Post #12 of 12 (116 views)
Shortcut
It would be cool if [In reply to] Can't Post

We saw Bolg disagree with Azog, and knock his head off. "I'm the big boss now, dad!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.