Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Auction

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 25 2013, 8:36pm

Views: 551
Shortcut
The Auction Can't Post

We're looking far ahead with this post, but I'm wondering how they will

1. Close the film: Bookend with old Bilbo?

2. Work in Bilbo's return and possibly the auction.

Since Frodo has already headed off to meet Gandalf (eastfarthing Woods!) I would imagine it might be Bilbo getting ready for the party and writing some more to close out the narrative of the Hobbit, by himself.

The auction would be a very interesting scene, and views of the Shire are popular. If they do something of Bilbo and his relatives, I wonder whether Gandalf will be there to says something sage or witty when he walks up with Bilbo. 'Nothing will ever be the same, Bilbo...' or some derivative line from their final conversation in the book... 'You are just one person in the wide world after all...' would almost fit when Bilbo sees what's going on.

I don't see that we'll get something of Balin's later visit, it jumbles the timeframe a little, although it would be nice to segue from that to old Bilbo looking at some remembrance of the dwarves in his hand, or in the book (a picture of Balin?)

Thoughts?

Subject User Time
The Auction Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 25 2013, 8:36pm
    Bookend with Old Bilbo stoutfiles Send a private message to stoutfiles Jan 25 2013, 8:54pm
    "Bookend" scene arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 26 2013, 6:33am
    Couldn't it end the way his whole life turned upisde down? EyeRock Send a private message to EyeRock Jan 26 2013, 12:53pm
    Handing the cookie jar Glaurung63 Send a private message to Glaurung63 Jan 27 2013, 12:05am
        How about this? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 27 2013, 2:23am
    Extended Edition? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 28 2013, 8:17am
        I think you're right Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 28 2013, 6:36pm
            Cameos Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 28 2013, 6:52pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.