Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:04pm

Post #1 of 103 (300 views)
Shortcut
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! Can't Post

Hey, everyone!

I'm subbing today, so (as usual :) ) feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 25 2013, 5:10pm

Post #2 of 103 (136 views)
Shortcut
I'll take an Angel Mist please as it's chilly out [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm headed over to the other side of the Cascade Mountains for a week of fresh-powder skiing. Supposed to turn sunny mid-week. Lucky me, my friends just built a house in the Methow Valley where there's about 200 km of cross-country trails, so I get to stay for free! If you don't count cooking them a couple of dinners, that is.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 25 2013, 5:12pm

Post #3 of 103 (138 views)
Shortcut
Nice to be back [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I was only gone for a week and missed one Fiesta. Tongue

The Gaffer and I spent a week in the Caribbean---we have to get in touch with the sea every now and then---and are now recovering. He picked up the virus that most people in the US seem to have and I'm tottering around wondering whether I'm going to get it from him. Unsure

I've never been able to figure out why recovering from a holiday takes longer than the holiday itself. It's not that we're getting older or anything, mind you!

I'll grab some hot Vitamin C tea and go back to my easy chair, thanks, Evey!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2013, 5:14pm

Post #4 of 103 (129 views)
Shortcut
*pops in* [In reply to] Can't Post

With my to-go mug...got any hot coffee there, Evey? And some hot chocolate? I'll take a half-and-half, please! Smile

It's almost up to 20 F here today - I thought it felt warm out! Laugh We're supposed to get a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow. Did you get the "big freeze" this past week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:14pm

Post #5 of 103 (124 views)
Shortcut
Oh, [In reply to] Can't Post

we hope you don't get sick. One is one too many!!

Oiotįri
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:15pm

Post #6 of 103 (133 views)
Shortcut
Green tea please, Evey :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty boring week here. I've been reading a lot, and it's cold... that's about it.

Less than a week left of my January interim class, for which I'm glad. While it's not a bad class, it doesn't go very deep, and so I'm bored.

In more exciting news, Rice U is flying me down to Houston in a week. Smile

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

(This post was edited by Oiotįri on Jan 25 2013, 5:15pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2013, 5:15pm

Post #7 of 103 (124 views)
Shortcut
That sounds like a fair exchange. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cooking dinners, for miles of cross-country trails on fresh powder! Have a great time! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2013, 5:19pm

Post #8 of 103 (126 views)
Shortcut
The poor guy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like the bug decided to vacation where you were! Unsure

But I hope that, other than that, you two were able to get plenty of swimming in. Is it true that Texas has no natural lakes?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2013, 5:20pm

Post #9 of 103 (126 views)
Shortcut
Houston? [In reply to] Can't Post

Now what are you going to be doing down there? Cool

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:21pm

Post #10 of 103 (125 views)
Shortcut
Sure thing! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow-- hope you have a great time there, Annael!

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 25 2013, 5:22pm

Post #11 of 103 (124 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems as though everyone has been hit by a bug this January, but I'd just as soon not share.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:23pm

Post #12 of 103 (122 views)
Shortcut
Hi Lily! [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets tea and C*

Aw, hope he gets well soon (and that you stay healthy, too)!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Oiotįri
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:23pm

Post #13 of 103 (124 views)
Shortcut
Meeting faculty, being fed, [In reply to] Can't Post

having people try to convince me to go to grad school there.

and being warm Wink

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 25 2013, 5:25pm

Post #14 of 103 (125 views)
Shortcut
He may have caught the bug after we got home [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, you're on the alert while you're traveling, and then you think you're home free. No, we didn't do any swimming---we were on a ship---but we spent all the time we could watching the water. The waves coming in to Puerto Rico were beautiful!

Texas has only one natural lake, in the east part of the state, I think. The rest are all formed from dammed up rivers and many have been around long enough to be quite attractive in their own right.

Stay warm!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:26pm

Post #15 of 103 (118 views)
Shortcut
Haha, of course! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

*mixes*

And LOL, yeah, no kidding-- those temperatures were ridiculous! :P

Hope you have a great weekend, dernwyn! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:28pm

Post #16 of 103 (121 views)
Shortcut
*pours* [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, reading is good, though (...unless what you were reading was boring, LOL). :)

Hope you have a great weekend, Oiotįri!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Oiotįri
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:33pm

Post #17 of 103 (123 views)
Shortcut
Only one natural lake? [In reply to] Can't Post

In a state that size? Crazy Shocked

Do you go on cruises often?

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 25 2013, 5:35pm

Post #18 of 103 (129 views)
Shortcut
Green tea with honey, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, this is my first time posting on one of these threads, I think...

I'm hoping to get some writing done this weekend. I'm almost a month late on a couple art trades due to a combination of illness and cripling depression. Also hoping to avoid getting sick again, but a cold seems to be coming on.

No alcohol for me, alas. I tried it once in the last couple weeks and it completely tanked my mood, so I'm working strictly on uppers like tea and coffee.

Also have some personal poetry and birding reports I'd like to work on. I'll be happy just to get anything done, really.

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 25 2013, 5:40pm

Post #19 of 103 (121 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

That says something about the climate in these parts, as well as the terrain, doesn't it?

We fell in love with cruising a little over a year ago when we did the Cruise to Middle-earth. This one was our third. We're semi-retired and easing into the cruise demographic---and I don't mean the folks participating in the belly-flop contests. Cool

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 25 2013, 5:49pm

Post #20 of 103 (115 views)
Shortcut
Virginia only has two natural freshwater lakes! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I've now been to both of em. One's in a swamp and one's in the mountains. Both are gorgeous.

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Alassėa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 25 2013, 5:50pm

Post #21 of 103 (117 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Houston! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the weather holds for you so you'll get a break from winter. We've had upper 70s and low 80s this week in central Texas. I've even thumbed through the swimsuit pages of a recent catalog!

Should be warmer than Minnesota, anyway. Don't bring anything wool! Cool

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 25 2013, 5:56pm

Post #22 of 103 (122 views)
Shortcut
Succumbed to the flu virus that's going around here in Stuttgart [In reply to] Can't Post

Must have picked it up from my ex-boyfriend (or is 'manfriend' the correct term for someone in his fifties?) last week when my persistent cold was finally gone and I was feeling quite well again and decided to visit him on Wednesday and bring him some food. Oh dear --- felt okay last Friday evening so ventured forth on Saturday afternoon for my fifth viewing of TH AUJ (somewhat addictive, that film! --- Gramma is bound to be suffering acute withdrawal symptoms today if last night was really the last time her cinema showed it!), and that night in bed my throat didn't feel right. The next morning, voilą, the cough and the aching limbs and the sinus headaches had materialised overnight. No fever, though, which is bad as it makes the whole thing drag on and on and heading towards sinusitis/bronchitis to which I'm very susceptible. *sigh*. I'll never get this place tidied up at this rate...

Couldn't bear to stay in bed all the time, had to get to the library on three different days to pick up something I spied in the online catalogue, figuring that a bit of fresh air would do me good (plus had to buy food), and also that wonderful things like the chance to listen to Richard Armitage's voice for almost five hours would give my immune system a boost. Let's hope it works!

A great many people I know in this town are sick, too, so this virus is quite nasty. To fight it, I'll have some miruvor and some Glenmorangie Single Malt, and as for music, that old song by Rod Stewart, 'Sailing' would be nice, please, Evie...

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

Oiotįri
Tol Eressea

Post #23 of 103 (112 views)
Shortcut
That sounds glorious! [In reply to] Can't Post

Am I allowed smartwool socks? Angelic

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #24 of 103 (125 views)
Shortcut
Howdy All! [In reply to] Can't Post

STILL NASTY BUSY... but I had to come in and say HI and wish everyone a wonderful weekend!

I'm going through a bit of withdrawal after waving a fond farewell to The Hobbit as it sails away from my local theatre. Those people there have been so cool! I'm going to boast about them on The Hobbit Board, but they gave me:

Tickets at a $2 discount (bought all 25 ahead of time) - 28 viewings all told
Gave me the BIG VINYL Twizzler promo banner with Gandalf on the Road pic on the front (about 6 ft wide & 3 ft tall)
Same pic on the BIG Popcorn Standee (about 4 ft high)
A full-size Hobbit UJ movie poster
They tried to get me a Bilbo standee, but they weren't availble for them to order anymore. :(

So I packed the theatre crew a THANK YOU package of 2 big packages of fruity Life Savers (Rings) and Green Delicious Apples (green food/apples for walking)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks lots Evey *snags warm cider*

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Alassėa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 25 2013, 5:57pm

Post #25 of 103 (121 views)
Shortcut
Tall iced tea, sweet, no lemon, please. [In reply to] Can't Post

We've had spring weather here this week, upper 70s and low 80s. So nice. But it's made me think about cleaning out the garden, which is a dismal tangle of weeds, and then I get over that feeling. Tongue

In other news, Little Eruvande and Dad are going Boy Scout camping, and will be helping to replant trees that were destroyed in last year's devastating fires in Bastrop, TX. Sounds like a lot of work, but it will be fun.

While the big boys are camping, The Little Goblin and I are attending a hockey game. (Yes we have hockey in Texas!) Locally, there is a farm team for the Dallas Stars, and they'll give Cub Scouts discounted tickets. Well, really, they'll give anybody discounted tickets, in an effort to get bodies in the seats. But we like watching hockey, and there's always a chance for a fight! (Yes, I know, sportsmanship, and all that, but who doesn't like to see a couple of heavily padded dudes attempting to pound on each other while wearing ice skates? TongueAngelic)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.