Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Vlog #1 transcript

avirithien

Jan 25 2013, 9:32am

Views: 678
Shortcut
Vlog #1 transcript Can't Post

Hello :)
I was reading your boards for few weeks now and I decided to register finally ;)

I saw that few people made transcripts for Peter Jacson's vlogs but no for #1 and #10. I wanted to make Polish subtitles for my Dad, because he doesn't know English at all. I downloaded subtitles from YouTube, but there were a lot of mistakes ;) I corrected some, but English is not my first language and I don't understand sometimes what they say. Could anybody help me fill blanks in my transcript, please? I'll post correct version later so other people will be able to to use it and translate it for their languages :)

Hello welcome to the first of our vlog about making of the Hobbit.
It's amazing to be back here again
This is Bag End exactly as it was in the Lord of The Rings is actually built in a B stage here in Wellington and this is exactly the same stage as it was built twelve years ago.
We've been shooting for a few days now and i just wanted to take this
opportunity to
give you a little look at the lead up to filming and some of the
pre-production that lead up to the first day of our shoot.
and I look forward to keeping you up-to-date as we go through the next
two or three years
see you soon
oooh you're in 3d
looking good. see ya

And this pulls beautifully this looks great when it's (?drawn).those are actualy works.

he can also
go fighting with the remnants intead of hanging onto his body and beats
entirely (?)

He wanted to create a (...) non-human shape.

we do need to do a little blog. We are all gonna say hi to the fans of the Hobbit.
fans
see ya
yeah, shy artists
oh dear, dear

so where are going up to wardrobe and we're having a look at a couple of the dwarf
um... wardrobe and makeup fittings
which is always exciting not that will show you much in this particular vlog
because we'll save that for the future the leat you'll get to see a little bit
of a wardrobe department
a lot of very busy people working a lot of costumes
lot of interesting textures and (?detail) and leather and embossing
it's pretty cool up here

so i could sort of a big wizards workshop
hello
oh my God, hello
You can use it like a (?maze) or you can just swing (...) and cut it through and (?...)
all I'm saying it's a nice (...)
drrr and take that (...)
yeah yeah

now this is a familiar set, it's Elrond chambers
it's an exact copy of the one that we had in the
fellowship of the ring. In fact just over here on the balcony is where the
counselor Elrond took place
where the fellowship was formed and Frodo wanted to take the Ring to Mordor. But also in the Hobbit is going to be a lot of new bits of Rivendell that we
haven't seen before some really cool bits of Rivendell actually that we've
will keep is a little surprise for the time being
at his an old friend upstairs let's just a quick look
here we are i'm sure you'll recognized the statue in (?asyl)
the broken sword since
and of course in the time of the Hobbit
the sword is going to be here
in this strange walking around here because
you can, it was ten or eleven years ago and
I'm used to looking at the set like this on film
you know that now we're walking back into it again and so much for you
step inside the movie, it's really, really experienced

this is where we're going to be shooting
at the very beginning at that (?shoot) Goblin tunels below the
misty mountains
it's uh...
very iconic scene in the hobbit where Bilbo has an account of with uh...well
you know who it's with, don't you? if you read the Hobbit. i don't need to spoil anybody that hasn't
but uh... this is like a little network of caves. There is a hole
now the little see the passageways down here it's very clautrofobic

but one of the things we've done in order to be able to shoot the shots is to
make sure that all the different walls
of the cave can be
removed so that a big bulky cameras can makes shoot the angles that we need
oh my God look at this one here

this looks like a foot or arm, um.. I don't know. It looks rather creepy, isn't it.
okay
so how many chairs do we need
for instance should we... (..) bombur sits at the end. And then it's a slight grapple and when (...) down it's like "ha ha ha"
Now I know it's sort of (...)

this is blocking. this is so not really rehealsing that we kind of giving the actors the walking through
(...) took about what to do at the scene. It's actually fun becauseas when we shoot this we've got a plan
(?be good) if you come forward and you realise that there's somethign on your foot, and then you try to get rid of this first
this will be fun
this will be more fun when everybody is a make-up
and costumes and dying of the heat
at teh corner of the table we've got Kili
Awesome
Next to Kili - Fili and then Dori and Nori. Oh my God. Ori, Dori, Nori, Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin, Gloin, Ori, Dori, nori. This is a nightmare.
We have gandalf here and Thorin too. I thought it would be good for two of you (? to play this whole doorway to play).
(...) woudl be blazing as well

All my prediction is, it's all gonna go incredibly
well on the day. Don't you agree?
Um.. The tricky thing is that there are thirteen dwarfs in the set
And the good news is that you are not in the fat suit
I know, know. I am in (the nose?) and false eyebrows and bigger mustache and the beard, but you're right, no fat suit.
Yeah, you're a winner. You;re winner every (...)of the way. And we can (?stick a fan) up your robe just to give you a sort be (?able) of air conditioning.
primises, promises
Well that's gonna work. (?We're ina bit of finishing)

morning, morning
How are you
so i'm oficially the first-person
in the make-up chair on the Hobbit.
Oficially
That's amazing

I am Richard, I'm from London, England. I would like to give thanks on behalf of everyone here. this is.. for this celebration for the blessing of (...) and for the welcome that you offered to us we will (...). And to everyone that is waited for so long to this day to begin this extraordinary journey, filmig the Hobbit, I'd like to wish them good luck, good health and good harmony and Marin'd liek to say something.

Thank you. (...) Marin Freeman, I'm in the cast as well. He stole it (?what I was about to say). This's been a long time (?comming today and even longer that I thought it would be) so at the end of this journey we are all as close with each other (...), so thank you very much.

Hello everybody, I am Andy Serkis, I'm standing up just to say in behalf of retouring crew and cast who've come gathered here to go on the journey. We are just very very grateful for incredible hospitality (...) share a passion to tell such an amazing story in such an amazing country witch such a beautiful people. Thank you.

You know, for a long time I thought that going back to the amazing spirits of the Lord of the Rings wouldn't be a good idea. But really, you know, now I've come completly (...) because films (...)to make. What makes fun is people that you work with the fact that we're going to be working with the lot of the old gang, a lot of friends and oviously making new friends, that's really a point of being here. So um.. extremly (...). If omeone came up to me today and said we couldn't carry on (?pretty) production for another 6 weeks, I'd say no no, hell no. Let's start shooting.

Aaand (...).
And action!

in the hole in the ground, there lived the hobbit.

thank you!

Subject User Time
Vlog #1 transcript avirithien Send a private message to avirithien Jan 25 2013, 9:32am
    Great - thanks! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 25 2013, 1:20pm
        :) avirithien Send a private message to avirithien Jan 25 2013, 2:51pm
            Help and a suggestion arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 25 2013, 3:59pm
                THANKS! avirithien Send a private message to avirithien Jan 25 2013, 6:06pm
    That's nice... TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Jan 25 2013, 1:27pm
        Great! avirithien Send a private message to avirithien Jan 25 2013, 2:52pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.