Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
more and more new favourite bits!

andwise
Rivendell

Jan 25 2013, 12:49am

Post #1 of 12 (1029 views)
Shortcut
more and more new favourite bits! Can't Post

With repeated viewings more and more scenes are becoming more potent and powerful.the latest one to dawn on me fully is when bofur talks with Bilbo in the cave,wishes him luck and then asks what the blue glow is.the scene is played fantastically well,James nesbit getting it just right as he asks 'what's that?'the look on martin Freeman's face as he slowly draws sting out,the camera angle,music,everything!its a great great moment.also the goblin kings speech to thorin with his mock bow 'king under the mountain' what an excellent performance from Barry humphries.there really is lots in there to discover each time you watch!roll on the DVD release!Smile

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Jan 25 2013, 1:51am

Post #2 of 12 (437 views)
Shortcut
So true! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only seen it twice, and both times I discovered something I hadn't noticed before. Like I said in the last thread, I want to see it again! Sly

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 25 2013, 1:57am

Post #3 of 12 (437 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it great! [In reply to] Can't Post

So much to see each time. I love the scene with Bofur and Bilbo, and the fact Thorin is awake and listening. When he sees the sword glowing, and the crack opening up in the floor Thorin knows immediately what is happening and yells for the Dwarves to wake up--too late!

I cannot wait for the DVD, but have no choice! Frown

There it is: dwarves are not heroes, but calculating folk with a great idea of the value of money; some are tricky and treacherous and pretty bad lots; some are not, but are decent enough people like Thorin and Company, if you don't expect too much.

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Jan 25 2013, 2:17am

Post #4 of 12 (421 views)
Shortcut
Very true! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have watched it 6 times and every time I look forward to it. I just love Martin Freeman as Bilbo. And yes, every time I notice something different. Love it every time! Favorite scene: Good Morning scene.Smile

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 5:00am

Post #5 of 12 (395 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

I found myself loving that scene more every time. It's something about both characters interactions, but especially, I feel, Bofur's face... there is something sweet and sad there, something that breaks all the Dwarvish steretypes ever invented.

I keep yelling at Bilbo to WAKE EVERYBODY UP ALREADY!!!

Still love chip the dishes...

Go outside and play...

andwise
Rivendell

Jan 25 2013, 3:37pm

Post #6 of 12 (264 views)
Shortcut
6 times.....! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's pretty good going eowyn3,I'm impressed, seen it 3 times myself and may just sneak another in before the cinema pulls it.another great scene is the map reading in rivendell,the bit when elrond says 'stand by the stone when the thrush knocks....' this was fantastic on 3rd viewing as my 8 and 10 year old realised the significance of what he was saying as they remembered the thrush from the ending on the previous viewings and they sat bolt upright and looked at me wide eyed and grinning.magic moments.

avirithien

Jan 25 2013, 6:42pm

Post #7 of 12 (232 views)
Shortcut
love it [In reply to] Can't Post

Bofur is such a sweetie in this scene. He's so understanding!
I saw Hobbit only 2 times and I want more! Can't wait to have DVD and watch it at home over and over again ;)

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 25 2013, 7:31pm

Post #8 of 12 (217 views)
Shortcut
Nesbitt [In reply to] Can't Post

He really made this character his own. His short scenes with Bilbo are really some of the nicest.

Heatherleawv
Bree

Jan 26 2013, 2:34am

Post #9 of 12 (166 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

was a nice scene between Bofur and Bilbo. Smile
Each time I see the Goblin town I liked it more and more.

oncefaster

Jan 26 2013, 9:19pm

Post #10 of 12 (181 views)
Shortcut
How about the goblin foot stool? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont think I have seen anyone mention the "lucky" goblins who got to form a living step stool for the king descending (&ascending?) his throne? What a job to win! Both humorous and disturbing!! Plus Balin /Thorin's scene in Bag End "you dont have to do this, youve made a great life for us in the Blue Mts..... very good ! Late to the party but, 2X 242D then HFR with aprehension but it was great from the start and then 4th time back to 24 frames I saw the motion blurr and grainy... HFR for me!!!

Glaurung63
Lorien

Jan 27 2013, 12:21am

Post #11 of 12 (118 views)
Shortcut
Totally agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Great scene all around!

malla
Bree

Jan 29 2013, 12:30am

Post #12 of 12 (125 views)
Shortcut
goblin stepstool [In reply to] Can't Post

d-- All those poor goblins who are lying in front .of the Goblin Kings throne that he steps on each time he gets on or off the throne....OUCH!!!

Yeah, I mentioned it last week on another thread. But with all the different threads, it's hard not to repeat things, Every time I see them getting squished I can't help but wonder if the poor goblins are picked out of the crowd, assigned as punishment....or do they volunteer because it's a privilege...lol.

Tenna' ento lye omenta,
Malla

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.