Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Winners and Comic-Con 2012 Coverage
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 23 2013, 1:00pm

Post #201 of 209 (940 views)
Shortcut
Younger Dwarves, Perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

Some people told me that movie was good. Over the weekend, I watched Taken 2, Looper, and Dred. Taken 2 was really good, but I liked Taken 1 better. Looper was intense! I would totally suggest watching that, if you have not already seen it. Dred kills everyone. lol It's that kind of film. I also celebrated my friend's birthday and did my regular exercise routines. My parents are in FL for a few weeks so I have the place all to myself.

If Darth Sidious died by the hand of Darth Maul or his brother, I'm guessing Count Dooku would have competed with Darth Maul for the new leader of the sith. Darth Maul would have his brother as his apprentice. Though, I wonder who Dooku would have chosen as his new apprentice? Asajj Ventress would never go back to Dooku and doesn't trust Savage. In a way, they are all enemies. Plus, if Anakin never found out that the chancellor was a sith and just heard that he mysteriously died or disappeared, he may hunt down all of them. Being the most powerful jedi, he may still rule the galaxy.

Precisely! I would like to see the younger versions of Balin and Dwalin as a 2 pack. I know it's too early to expect those, but I have hopes for later on down the line. An eagle beast pack with Gandalf or a dwarf would be appropriate for Wave 2.

Thanks, man!

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 24 2013, 2:46am

Post #202 of 209 (961 views)
Shortcut
Feeling young [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed it. I think if you like history it might be something you like. I will catch Taken 2 and Dred at somepoint. Looper looks ok and ill probably check it out but I've just not been gung ho to see it for some reason. Nice!

That's the problem with the Sith. They're always looking to make their move so it creates distrust. That's true about Anakin. He could have done some real damage to the, if he had just stayed the course.

That would be a really cool 2 pack. You're right it's one that makes sense for down the road as the line winds down or to just fill out a wave. I agree those would make for food 2 packs. I'd like to maybe get a Azog/Yanzeg 2 pack

No problems :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 24 2013, 12:38pm

Post #203 of 209 (926 views)
Shortcut
Collectors to Toy Co's [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to know. Looper will blow your mind, dude! The concept of time travel and the consequences of one's actions is up for debate, of course. Still, if you like action, you'll dig it. Plus, Bruce Willis is in the film - can't go wrong there. lol I wish The Hobbit DVD was available for preorder already!

That's true. I could only predict what it would be like if the Sith allowed for more than 2 members to exist at a time. I realize that practically any species can have The Force, but can you imagine an army of Dathomirian Zabraks? WOW! lol I hear three more SW movies may be produced. I'm psyched!

An Azog/Yazneg 2 pack would be cool! Do you think TBD would be open to suggestions? I feel like it's part of our duty as fans to let them know what the collecotrs would like. I actually tried writing another toy company recently, but they told me that they did not take requests - BUMMER! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 24 2013, 4:49pm

Post #204 of 209 (956 views)
Shortcut
Working together [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, when it hits HBO I may give it a shot. Just for giggles if nothing else. lol I'm surprised they don't have it up yet myself. I'm still waiting for it and Lincoln both to go up for order.

You would think they would find a way to work with more than 2. They could have caused even more damage that way but according to the EU stuff it was more than two that was the larger issue. Yeah, Disney has 3 new SW movies on the table and I've heard rumors that there may be some EU SW movies in the future. Should be fun to watch at the very least.

I thought it would be. It would also fit well within what we saw from the movie. I think they'd at least be open to reading and seeing what fans might be interested in if its not in the plans or see that their plans are on track. That stinks. Some companies are harder to deal with than others but I think TBD is pretty cool to work with.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 25 2013, 12:45pm

Post #205 of 209 (932 views)
Shortcut
3 3/4 Azog Required [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar! Yea, it's totally worth checking out.

With all of those Sith wanting to rule the galaxy, I could foresee complications. lol Death Watch is a pretty extreme and fascinating group. Those Mandalorians are pretty tough. I've heard of the 3 new SW films. With the technology we have today, I'm expecting AWESOMENESS! If we had this tech back in the 70s and 80s, I bet the original films would have been even more immaculate.

Perhaps I'll reach out to TBD with my ideas then, thanks! I just feel like I have a lot to offer on this particular topic as I am really interested in it. Being fans like us, we could have a very positive impact on the items that companies such as TBD choose to develop. No doubt they have their Hobbit and action figure experts over there, but it doesn't hurt to look over some new concepts. Plus, Azog needs a 3 3/4 inch figure! lol

Enjoy your weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 25 2013, 2:24pm

Post #206 of 209 (885 views)
Shortcut
Front Page News [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday to you as well. :)

Yeah, it could get cranky quick. lol I agree. I think when people are harsh on the PT about the CGI they forget that the OT would have probably been the same if they had the same things to use back in the day. Some things are more easily and better created using CGI.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Worst case they say thank you for the ideas but we're set with the direction we're going. Plus its always good as you're telling them about these ideas that they'll see that you're passionate about their product which shows them people are interested. Did you see the story I posted to the FP about the new Azog and Bolg figures (looks to be from the 6" line). So it appears Toy Fair will be good for news on these figures. There will be a thread for that and we can move the discussion there so we can have the top new thread in this section again (we did in 2012).

U 2

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jan 25 2013, 2:24pm)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 28 2013, 3:31pm

Post #207 of 209 (838 views)
Shortcut
Bolg = AWESOME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, man! How was your weekend?

That's for sure. lol I've been building up my clone army and collecting a few other figures that I want to keep MOC. I like the majority of the CW versions of the figures better than the movie versions thus far. How about you? I remember when Mace Windu fought the Chancellor. I always felt like Saessee Tiin, Eeth Koth, and Kit Fisto were killed too quickly in ROTS. I know Darth Sidious was incredibly powerful, but these were jedi masters. I guess I expected more of a fight.

Cool beans. Dude, Azog looks AWESOME! Bolg looks the same as he did in the 3 3/4 line, which is still neat. Do you have any specs on the articulation as of yet? I saw Azog available at Legends Action Figures, but it's $24.99 - a tad steep, even for the 6 inch line.

Sounds good about moving the thread. When you reply to this message, feel free to move our convo over to the new spot.

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 28 2013, 6:43pm

Post #208 of 209 (866 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

It was good. Went and saw Gangster Squad which was pretty good. Hope yours was good.

Hasbro has shown improvement so I think the new versions are better just because the way to do them is getting better. I agree they were killed a little too quickly and I think many feel that way.

He does look pretty sweet. Yeah, no change to Bolg really at all. No, nothing yet. These just kind of popped up out of the blue to be honest so I know little at this point. lol That's a bit rich for my blood as well.

Ok cool! We can reply to the others for now and when we have more official news about Wave 2 a thread can be started.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jan 28 2013, 8:56pm

Post #209 of 209 (915 views)
Shortcut
New Dwarves! [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard Gangster Squad was really good! I went to a concert in Hoboken and ran errands.

Agreed. Yea, I just expected so much more from that scene and and felt cheated. Even a great master of the sith would have had a decent challenge by 4 jedi masters. I actually picked up the newer version of Darth Maul, with half of a mechanical body. He's wild-looking! lol

I actually saw another thread here that showed more of the dwarf prototypes. They look rather promising! I still went ahead and sent TBD my thoughts for possible future products. Even if they don't take my advice, I hope they might get a few ideas from all that I wrote.

Guess we might as well keep our convo in here for now. Like you said, once Wave 2 comes out, we can move to that thread.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.