Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dwarf merchants deleted scene?

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Jan 23 2013, 6:56pm

Post #1 of 7 (1613 views)
Shortcut
Dwarf merchants deleted scene? Can't Post

I just remembered seeing this from one of the BTS videos. I'm guessing it was part of the prologue - I wonder if it was enough to be put back in on the DVD?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/...509_1837275346_n.png

LordMaximus
Rivendell

Jan 23 2013, 7:08pm

Post #2 of 7 (622 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure if this is part of a flash back from else where in the story [In reply to] Can't Post

Either way, I hope it is used Smile

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jan 23 2013, 7:15pm

Post #3 of 7 (587 views)
Shortcut
I don't have my art book here with me [In reply to] Can't Post

But I believe dwarf merchants are mentioned in it, so probably deleted scenes.

There's also the '100 Erebor extras walking down a mountain side' scene that was mentioned in a NZ paper. In the movie we only see Thorin and a few dwarves.

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 23 2013, 10:42pm

Post #4 of 7 (430 views)
Shortcut
It's probably a deleted scene from teh flashback of the prosperous days [In reply to] Can't Post

A completely wild hope is that it ties into some kind of visit by Balin in the end piece of TABA for Bilbo's birthday or something like that.

Gorgori
The Shire

Jan 24 2013, 4:48am

Post #5 of 7 (406 views)
Shortcut
Ahh.. This WAS in the theatrical release though. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty tired, and maybe I didn't read these post FULLY or accurately, but if you're saying that this was missing from the movie, than I respectfully disagree. Tongue

I clearly remember this scene in the prolog along with shots of the dwarf women. Mind you this is a slightly zoomed in version, but I know I saw this. I was sitting pretty close in HFR... Wink

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2013, 6:58am

Post #6 of 7 (351 views)
Shortcut
I think that scene was in the movie... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it's about the part where Bilbo says something like "a once mighty people brought low".

Lightice
Lorien

Jan 24 2013, 10:50am

Post #7 of 7 (341 views)
Shortcut
It wasn't. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... it's about the part where Bilbo says something like "a once mighty people brought low".

While the people from this scene may have been in that one as well, it featured a lot bleaker environment and was shot a lot further away.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.