Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Deleted/unfinished scenes

Victariongreyjoy
Rivendell

Jan 21 2013, 6:33am

Post #1 of 4 (744 views)
Shortcut
Deleted/unfinished scenes Can't Post

Will the scenes ever be released in future LOTR/Hobbit release?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca123C7631U

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 22 2013, 5:36pm

Post #2 of 4 (281 views)
Shortcut
This is Brilliant! Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful compilation!

I know there were some scenes finished enough that ADR (dialog) had been done on them, but never made the final cuts. I'm hoping Peter fulfills his own hope/plan to give us and extended-extended dvd with all of these on them!! I'd especially love to see the parts with Eowyn fighting the Uruk-hai in the Glittering Caves!

Thank you for this! I wish I knew how to download youtube stuff!
*twitch*

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 22 2013, 9:06pm

Post #3 of 4 (250 views)
Shortcut
that was a treat...definitely worth watching! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was great to see all of those scenes in one sequence like that -- thanks so much for sharing this!

I am going to let the folks on the LOTR movie board know about this, as it will get more attention there.

Made me want to go back and watch the LOTR trilogy again, it was like a mini-version of it!

Weaver

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 23 2013, 2:59am

Post #4 of 4 (227 views)
Shortcut
What a treat!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting this! Loved it...but it left me wanting moreTongueCrazy Some of these clips are obviously just different takes of things that *did* make it into the films, some seemed like rehearsal (like the bit where Gandalf has his hair pulled back in a pony-tail Laugh) but some are remnants of story lines that went by the wayside. I would definitely like to see more of those: so tantalizing! I wouldn't necessarily want to see and extra extended edition with these elements incorporated into the films, but I would love, love, love to see the scenes with Arwen in Lothlorien with Galadriel or Arwen at Helm's Deep, for example. They wouldn't have to ADR them or have FX or music or anything, I'd just like to see the different directions they were contemplating but ultimately decided against.

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.