Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
T.G.I.F. - Thank Goodness it's Fiesta!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 18 2013, 7:38pm

Post #51 of 79 (118 views)
Shortcut
Have a good weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Winter is biting today - its been snowing all day with very strong winds, though it wasnt as bad here as other places. Now curled up nice and warm but I'll have a hot chocolate

cheers all

" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 7:39pm

Post #52 of 79 (118 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Arandiel [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, with open ground new life will appear, and one day the area will be lush and vital again.

'Far less-than-ideal'?Yes it was. It was a matter of just picking a spot and starting the cut and clear method. One person cutting and others pulling the debris clear and stacking wood so all can keep working safely on through the maze.

Yes, still keeping up with the firewood accumulation brigade lol.

Bishop Spong is great. Another aspect of him is his sense of humor. He really does lighten up the room getting everyone laughing.

Hope all is well with you and the family:)

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 7:42pm

Post #53 of 79 (119 views)
Shortcut
NZ! Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Noisy children are healthy children:). I do hope you find some serenity this weekend though. Good to see you.

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 8:10pm

Post #54 of 79 (129 views)
Shortcut
What do they chose to heat with over there? [In reply to] Can't Post

Over here is mainly fuel oil. I have a oil burner but wood is my main choice of heat.

And so they do not like you all to use salt there. Big switch from here. Our salt trucks are quite liberal with the stuff. Around the house i use wood ash. Plenty of that lol.

I have not seen a hobbit calender here yet, although there is a table displaying a host of hobbit-what-not:)

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 8:35pm

Post #55 of 79 (112 views)
Shortcut
Oh my! [In reply to] Can't Post

Every month we get banged with something. It makes one want to throw upTongue. Can't get a break.

That is cold Magpie. That weather is only good for splitting wood by hand. It explodes open due to the lack of give. But so does the bodyUnimpressed.

One day at a time in good times and not so good times.

HO HEY, that was a lifting video. I got up and actually started to jig a littleSmile.I really enjoyed that. That reminds me of 'Northern Exposure' but i am not sure why.

Lately i have been putting a cup of water in the microwave and then adding some lemon. It does take the edge off whatever makes edges:).

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 8:40pm

Post #56 of 79 (110 views)
Shortcut
A glass of wine on a snowy day. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have too, lately.
The same back to you Eledhwen:)

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 8:44pm

Post #57 of 79 (108 views)
Shortcut
Can you imagine Van Gogh in 3-D? [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked

The 48fps is something else now that i went back to see it in the usual 2D format; night and day.

Have a ball!

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 8:50pm

Post #58 of 79 (104 views)
Shortcut
Same to you Hengist! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how hot chocolate would be made from dark chocolate?

Seems winter is starting to act up, for all of us now. Must be winter...looks out on snowy woods *puts another log on the fire.*

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 9:08pm

Post #59 of 79 (114 views)
Shortcut
.....And did the Elrond and the Elves have a chance meeting with Radagast? [In reply to] Can't Post

That would have been interesting indeed:)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 18 2013, 9:34pm

Post #60 of 79 (110 views)
Shortcut
3-4-5 *weeks*? Say it isn't so! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been sick for a week, and am really looking forward to a 3-day weekend to just go to bed. Mostly I've lost my voice, which is bad news for a teacher. I told my students I wasn't going to talk to anybody after my last class today until Tuesday. Uncle Baggins is pretty good at reading my facial expressions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 18 2013, 9:38pm

Post #61 of 79 (115 views)
Shortcut
*Brews up yet another pot of peppermint tea* [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been sick for a week now with a cold; apparently it's been going around and the doctor says it lasts a couple of weeks. I can talk but it is really hard to get air past my larynx, so teaching has been rough. I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend. Think I'll do what I did last weekend: stay in bed and read trashy novels.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 10:33pm

Post #62 of 79 (102 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a plan. [In reply to] Can't Post

My go-to is Louis L'Amour when feeling off.

I have felt better presently. I am taking a lot of hot water with lemon.

Lay low Auntie, re-coop.

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 18 2013, 10:36pm

Post #63 of 79 (98 views)
Shortcut
They know what's good for 'em [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink. There is a new sheriff in town.

T_Meyers
Bree

Jan 18 2013, 11:07pm

Post #64 of 79 (111 views)
Shortcut
Taking a load off.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....sort of. I have packing to do in anticipation of moving into a bigger place until I can get a house. My kids are too excited to have their own rooms finally. May go see The Hobbit once more. Definitely going to the gun show ;-)

And I got my book in paperback now!

https://www.createspace.com/4099992

"Welcome to Novogard Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 18 2013, 11:38pm

Post #65 of 79 (99 views)
Shortcut
I hate to admit [In reply to] Can't Post

what I've been reading (found a copy of "Twilight" at the thrift store).

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 19 2013, 12:30am

Post #66 of 79 (89 views)
Shortcut
Naughty Auntie:)\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19 2013, 12:51am

Post #67 of 79 (130 views)
Shortcut
What a blur! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those two pics of Master Sil, not the first two, lol! That second pic did come out nice, didn't it? I'd call the latter two "action pics", now how did you manage the double exposure on #4?

Oh yeah, church camps tend to feed their workers very well, very nutritiously! Would that pine make good mulch? I wonder if some of the rest can "season" for summer campfires.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 19 2013, 3:53am

Post #68 of 79 (105 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to say [In reply to] Can't Post

local hospitals have warned people to expect to have this cold for 4-6 weeks! Shocked I've never heard of anything like it. It's not the flu... it's a cold.

BG had it a good 4-5 weeks, and I'm hoping that I'm coming out of it after 3 weeks (though I had a rough day today Pirate). The worst thing is that once you think you're almost over it, it hits you again with a vengeance. Nasty.

I really hope you *don't* have it Aunt Dora!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

imin
Valinor

Jan 19 2013, 9:45am

Post #69 of 79 (127 views)
Shortcut
Strange to not see any posts by DanielLB in here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Normally have a little natter with him, lol. Hope the journey is a smooth one for him!

The weather here looks worse/better than in South Georgia (going off the webcams that Magpie linked here, thanks again :) ) Worse if you dislike snow, or if like me it makes you a big kid, then it looks better - we have a fair bit of snow and in my house currently it is colder than outside somehow at -3C! I woke up to find the bottle of water next to me almost completely frozen, this is in the UK. It's a good job i love the cold, something magical and middle-earth like about it to me for some reason.

For what its worth i will say i have decided to jump back into education and i am now officially a post graduate (after less than 2 months of being free from exams!) If you had told me i would do this 2 months ago i would have laughed so hard, but i guess i am just an eternal student, lol.

To everyone in this thread i hope you all keep warm and enjoy a great weekend Smile

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 19 2013, 2:28pm

Post #70 of 79 (79 views)
Shortcut
I am guessing [In reply to] Can't Post

but i think the 'double exposure' is a double momentary slowing of an overall faster action.

If that wood if not split, will rot in a year. I though that additional benches could be made for the small 'outside auditorium' by splitting the logs in half. Camp-out lean-to's could be constructed with 3 low sides like the ones we made up in Wawayanda when i was a kid in the construction engineers group.

What, you don't want to mention how handsome i look in the other picture?Tongue I look like what the cat drugged in.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 20 2013, 4:06am

Post #71 of 79 (82 views)
Shortcut
You found you couldn't resist the offer! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best of wishes with it all! So you'll be working and taking the studies simultaneously?

Colder inside than outside? That's not good, any idea how that happened? Shocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 20 2013, 11:58am

Post #72 of 79 (92 views)
Shortcut
Confused (again) [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you mean by 'it is hard to mathom' --- ??? Am I being dense again, or do you mean 'fathom'? My brain feels like scrambled eggs again today so it might just be me... Crazy

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 20 2013, 12:21pm

Post #73 of 79 (91 views)
Shortcut
What a lovely way to have a reunion! Have fun!// [In reply to] Can't Post

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 20 2013, 12:30pm

Post #74 of 79 (90 views)
Shortcut
So you're having wintry weather, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like you are a careful driver, that's good! Is there no way you could take public transportation?

Do you know this institution http://www.noodweercentrale.nl/ ?
(Sorry the link isn't blue).

We have its equivalent in Germany and in the winter and summer I always check it out to be prepared for whatever extreme weather might hit us. Freezing rain today and tomorrow, which is really dangerous. I hope you won't have any of that!

So we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for your exams tomorrow Smile but I'm sure you'll manage just fine, even if we don't. Just get there safely! And don't study too hard... Perhaps you'll find time to go out for a walk to clear your busy brain for a while --- does the area where you live now look like a Brueghel winter landscape painting? That would be lovely!

Anyway, have a good Sunday afternoon and good luck tomorrow!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 20 2013, 4:07pm

Post #75 of 79 (68 views)
Shortcut
ohhhh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I love you :D

and first draught of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)
LotR Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.