Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Lines from The Hobbit AUJ-Comparison to lines The Lord of the Rings

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jan 19 2013, 10:23pm

Views: 540
Shortcut
Lines from The Hobbit AUJ-Comparison to lines The Lord of the Rings Can't Post

Gandalf (The Hobbit): Home is now behind you. The world is ahead.
Pippin (RotK, singing): Home is behind, the world ahead...

Balin: And I thought to myself then: there is one that I could follow. There's one I could call king.
Boromir (FotR): I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king.

Gandalf (TH): This way, you fools!
Gandalf (FotR): Fly, you fools!

Gandalf and Saruman in TH. G: Saruman. S: You've been busy of late, my old friend.
Gandalf and Saruman in FotR. S: For that is why you have come, is it not, my old friend? G: Saruman.

Azog (TH, in Black Speech): Do you smell it? The scent of fear? I remember your father reeked of it, Thorin, son of Thrain.
Gothmog (RotK): Fear. This city is rank with it.

Saruman (TH): Gandalf the enemy is defeated. Sauron is vanquished. He can never regain his full strength.
Saruman: (LotR): Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of it's potency.

Balin (TH): Then we are with you, laddie. We will see it done.
Aragorn (FotR): I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor.
Boromir (FotR): If this is indeed, the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done.

These are just a few similar lines, some quite obvious, but I thought it would be great to have a thread in which as many of these similar lines as possible could be posted. So if you know some fire away!

"These are Gundabad Wargs! They will outrun you!"

"THESE are Rhosgobel Rabbits! I'd like to see them try...."

(This post was edited by Radagast-Aiwendil on Jan 19 2013, 10:28pm)

Subject User Time
Lines from The Hobbit AUJ-Comparison to lines The Lord of the Rings Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Jan 19 2013, 10:23pm
    You forgot TheWhiteRider Send a private message to TheWhiteRider Jan 19 2013, 11:09pm
    Only one of these really struck me Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 20 2013, 12:12am
    This might not qualify but still those two scenes have a powerful connection: Chopsta123 Send a private message to Chopsta123 Jan 20 2013, 12:28am
    Thorin's Line Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jan 20 2013, 3:40am
    **I've Gathered Geeky List Info from this post -- THANKS ALL! Keep 'em comin' :) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 20 2013, 5:08pm
        other similar lines MistyMountain Send a private message to MistyMountain Jan 22 2013, 3:50am
    suprised nobody has mentioned this yet FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 Jan 22 2013, 7:59pm
    The line I noticed.. Kerewyn Send a private message to Kerewyn Jan 29 2013, 10:57am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.