Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Burgahobbit's official thread

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jan 19 2013, 3:03pm

Post #1 of 5 (215 views)
Shortcut
Burgahobbit's official thread Can't Post

Here follows the tale of burgahobbit-meisterburger. I felt I needed to clear this up once and for all! Some of you probably wonder why I am "burgahobbit" rather than "burrahobbit" or "burglarhobbit" as they say it in the book and the movie respectively. I actually almost chuckled to myself in the film when I heard Bilbo say, "I'm a burglar-a-hobbit" and then the troll say "A burglarhobbit?" as I thought to myself, "There's gonna be some head scratching on the forums, and I'm gonna have some 'splainin to do." XD. The truth is, it was a mistake of the ear. In the summer of 2012, TORn's excellent Quickbeam went to see 10 minutes of exclusive footage from An Unexpected Journey and when he got back he reported thoroughly on his experience. The report was GREAT and every little detail was explained in wonderful accuracy...

....save one. Burgahobbit. It was a very easy and simple mistake. I myself on the third or fourth time watching the scene thought it sounded like the troll said "burgahobbit". But anyway, that's why I have a misfit name! Hahaha! Sorry to waste your time if you really don't care at all like you probably don't or if you already knew about the origins of my name following Cliff's report. But hey! this is the off topic forum after all, if you want action head over to the arena! Laugh

- flurgaburgburrahobbit.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Jan 19 2013, 3:06pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 19 2013, 4:32pm

Post #2 of 5 (120 views)
Shortcut
Dat's okay [In reply to] Can't Post

There are more than a few names I've wondered about around here. There used to be a guy called SandWitch King... not sure what happened to him.

Now if you had called yourself Hobbit-burglar -- reminds me of Hamburglar -- that would be a problem Wink

Celedor hosted a nice thread about nicks and avatars here, back in 2010.

I've sometimes wished I hadn't included the "C" at the end of mine. At the time of registering I think I assumed I had already registered "SirDennis" and couldn't remember the password; there is no record of it here... maybe the old boards, or maybe I just misremembered as usual. It's just as well because there are a few Sir Dennis-es out there who are legally entitled to the title. Angelic

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 19 2013, 5:42pm

Post #3 of 5 (100 views)
Shortcut
That is MrCere [In reply to] Can't Post

Burgahobbit.... Sounds like something else the trolls woulda thunk of for the menu given timeSmile.

Welcome aboard my man. Good to have you!

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 19 2013, 6:31pm

Post #4 of 5 (101 views)
Shortcut
sil's right [In reply to] Can't Post

SandWitchKing is MrCere's 'non-staff' persona. He felt it allowed him to post as a regular bloke and not representing TORn. But he was very upfront about the dual accounts. (which is not allowed except for certain circumstances... just warning newer folks)

You can ask the admins to change your nick. I think they would suggest that you carry a little notice in your footer for some time that reads: poster formally known as SirDennisC.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 20 2013, 8:35pm

Post #5 of 5 (58 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

I still wish they'd said burrahobbit... Hobbit, burrows, though flurghaburghahobbit was pretty funny too...

Go outside and play...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.