Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
hobbit: 2 movies AND 3d????

Aranel Skywalker

Dec 1 2007, 2:52pm

Post #1 of 3 (791 views)
Shortcut
hobbit: 2 movies AND 3d???? Can't Post

I'm sooooooo happy that PJ is directing the Hobbit AND in 2 films.....but why 3d? dose anybody know??

_________
can't wait for star wars in 3d....hence "skywalker" ;)

Aranel Skywalker

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2007, 7:31am

Post #2 of 3 (620 views)
Shortcut
I trust the article over at Marketsaw [In reply to] Can't Post

I've visited "Marketsaw" more than a few times, I've got to know Jim as well, and I'd say this much: if Jim trusts his sources and he's confident they're speaking the truth, I'd believe him.

Of course, a lot could change in the nest few days/weeks/months/years, in fact, everything could, and PJ may not end up being involved in The Hobbit (and I'd detest NL even more than I do now if that ever happens), but I'd say that as of now, the article on Marketsaw is surely as accurate a description of the situation as it stands now.

Jim is not just a fanboy; he's sincere and responsible, and his blog is a serious endeavour. His sources are reliable (and I'm sure they're very responsible as well), so I'd conclude by saying that while waiting for the official announcement, we're all welcome to take the news with a pinch of salt, but we might also consder taking Marketsaw a little seriously, and also trusting the veracity of Jim's reports.Smile

(This post was edited by Earl on Dec 2 2007, 7:32am)

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Dec 2 2007, 5:04pm

Post #3 of 3 (634 views)
Shortcut
Not sure what to think . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the sounds of the release dates (2010-2011), and PJ directing it, but honestly, I can't say that I believe it. I can't trust the source, because it didn't come from anyone official (such as PJ, NL, etc.) Until someone officially confirms it, I won't believe it. I wouldn't mind seeing it in 3-D, but only in theaters. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

"Death is just another pathway . . . one which we all must take."

-Gandalf from "The Return of the King"

(This post was edited by One Ringer on Dec 2 2007, 5:05pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.