Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Smaug

herzogian
Bree

Jan 13 2013, 5:20pm

Post #1 of 9 (692 views)
Shortcut
Smaug Can't Post

Has anyone noticed that you can see a bit of Smaugs head when he comes out of the pile of gold in his encounter with Thror. He seems to have a dragoncrown (I hope you know what I mean with this) which does look a bit like Thranduils crown.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 13 2013, 5:26pm

Post #2 of 9 (439 views)
Shortcut
I noticed it too [In reply to] Can't Post

Which means, if it's the final design, the head (at least) looks nothing like this, this, this, or this.

Calenheniel
Bree

Jan 13 2013, 5:28pm

Post #3 of 9 (395 views)
Shortcut
Gollum in FOTR vs TTT [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if the difference in design for Smaug will be as stark as that from AUJ to DOS.

'I do not know what is happening. The reason of my waking mind tells me that great evil has befallen and we stand at the end of days. But my heart says nay; and all my limbs are light, and a hope and joy are come to me that no reason can deny. Eowyn, Eowyn, White Lady of Rohan, in this hour I do not believe that any darkness will endure!' And he stooped and kissed her brow.

herzogian
Bree

Jan 13 2013, 5:51pm

Post #4 of 9 (349 views)
Shortcut
Pitty, [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked the third one best :p If you look closely to the fourth one he has a "crown" actualy, but it isnt that clear cause its all gold.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 13 2013, 5:57pm

Post #5 of 9 (336 views)
Shortcut
Film Smaug has a very similar tail though to Tolkien's drawing [In reply to] Can't Post

If I remember rightly, he has a very spear-like tail in the film.

gar-mogoth
The Shire

Jan 13 2013, 6:15pm

Post #6 of 9 (322 views)
Shortcut
I didn't notice, does anyone have a screencap? [In reply to] Can't Post

herzogian
Bree

Jan 13 2013, 6:41pm

Post #7 of 9 (350 views)
Shortcut
Here's one [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by herzogian on Jan 13 2013, 6:50pm)

Ffnir
Rohan

Jan 14 2013, 4:00am

Post #8 of 9 (104 views)
Shortcut
I don't see it ! Does anyone ? // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 14 2013, 8:23am

Post #9 of 9 (84 views)
Shortcut
You might have to google (or youtube) it [In reply to] Can't Post

Since no official screencaps have been released yet, nothing can be linked to leaked recordings of the film.

Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.