Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Favourite tracks from the AUJ soundtrack
Poll: Favourite tracks from the AUJ soundtrack
My Dear Frodo
Old Friends
An Unexpected Party
Blunt the Knives
Axe or Sword
Misty Mountains
The Adventure Begins
The World is Ahead
An Ancient Enemy
Radagast the Brown
The Trollshaws
Roast Mutton
A Troll-hoard
The Hill of Sorcery
Warg-scouts
The Hidden Valley
Moon Runes
The Defiler
The White Council
Over Hill
A Thunder Battle
Under Hill
Riddles in the Dark
Brass Buttons
Out of the Frying-Pan
A Good Omen
Song of the Lonely Mountain
Dreaming of Bag End
A Very Respectable Hobbit
Erebor
The Dwarf Lords
The Edge of the Wild
View Results (363 votes)

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 13 2013, 3:23pm

Post #1 of 15 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Favourite tracks from the AUJ soundtrack Can't Post

The list contains all tracks from the special edition.
Multiple answers( couldn't even think about the opposite) allowed.
Pick yours!

Smile

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 13 2013, 9:32pm

Post #2 of 15 (454 views)
Shortcut
crap [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't I just choose them all??

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jan 13 2013, 11:02pm

Post #3 of 15 (411 views)
Shortcut
You can, actually. [In reply to] Can't Post

The poll is set up for multiple selections.

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 13 2013, 11:02pm

Post #4 of 15 (420 views)
Shortcut
The truth is [In reply to] Can't Post

this poll was not really necessary, since we all more or less love the soundtrack...Oh wellTongue
I find myself having a new favourite track almost each day! there is so much to discover...not to mention the new themes.

So my picks are(currently):

Axe or sword
Blunt the knives
Misty mountains
The adventure begins
An ancient enemy
Radagast the brown
Roast mutton( the common version)
Moon runes
Over hill
Brass buttons
Erebor

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 13 2013, 11:14pm

Post #5 of 15 (436 views)
Shortcut
yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

but voting for all of them kinda defeats the purpose of the poll. Wink

I guess I'd have to that Blunt the Knives and Misty Mountain, since they're the songs that I'll actually stop what I'm doing so that I can sing along.

FrogmortonJustice65
Rivendell

Jan 14 2013, 3:17am

Post #6 of 15 (413 views)
Shortcut
my 2 cents [In reply to] Can't Post

The Adventure Begins --- great, energetic version of the Shire theme that musically recalls the beginning of Frodo and Sam's quest when they bump into Pippin and Merry in Farmer Maggot's fields.

Overhill --- best, most epic incarnation of the orchestral "Misty Mountains" melody.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 14 2013, 4:03am

Post #7 of 15 (417 views)
Shortcut
The music that plays during the eagles' flight. [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure what it's called.

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Jan 14 2013, 8:46pm

Post #8 of 15 (369 views)
Shortcut
Tis not on a soundtrack [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

Instead we get an alternative version in the guise of the first part of "A Good Omen"

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Jan 15 2013, 6:11pm

Post #9 of 15 (459 views)
Shortcut
A Thunder Battle [In reply to] Can't Post

has some very unique and interesting sounds and is one of the reasons I think the stone giants sequence turned out well. Howard Shore did a great job of creating an original theme for these new beings and the peril of the Misty Mountains. I would label it as my favorite "under the radar" track.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 16 2013, 5:15am

Post #10 of 15 (359 views)
Shortcut
It's difficult to choose! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the entire soundtrack! I'm not much of a musician but thought I'd try to describe what I like. But if I had to choose my top 5 favorites (for now), they are:

Warg-scouts. I love the energy and fast pace of this piece, especially the driving beat of the drums. It's great to do housework by!

Misty Mountains. Naturally. It reminds me a bit of a Gregorian(?) chant, but a little less formal, if that makes sense.

Radagast the Brown. A very unique piece, lighter in tone with string instruments and choir in the beginning, but then goes into a darker tone that alternates between a slower cautious sound and more of a frenetic pace. I have the Extended Edition, which includes the Dol Guldur/Wraith attack music. So unnerving, and ends with one of the Nazgul "trills"? I don't know how to describe this bit any better (lol).

Blunt the Knives! Totally awesome and hilarious scene as well. (Balin is my favorite in this scene, he just sits in a chair and uses a plate to flip the dishes coming his way off behind him!)

The Eagles. So lovely! It starts off with variations of the Nature's Reclamation theme from LOTR, then goes into a majestic and yet peaceful tone that fits so well with the Eagle's flight. (I love the look on Bilbo's face when the Eagle comes for him, he's "no, no"!)

Wonderful!

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 17 2013, 1:09am

Post #11 of 15 (346 views)
Shortcut
it's all good... [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the Misty Mountains song the best though, in all its incarnations.

What I really like is having more Howard Shore Middle Earth music to listen to!

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 13 2013, 1:50am

Post #12 of 15 (261 views)
Shortcut
I liked them all, but for the poll [In reply to] Can't Post

I decided to choose the extended version of Radagast the Brown. I was so taken by that piece, it was so different and exotic and exciting, so many different instruments and sounds, etc. I had to stop in the middle of what I was doing just to to listen to it. It made me feel very differently about the character of Radagast, because I felt it so conveyed a feeling of such unexpected, hidden power and other-worldliness. And based on how developed that theme is in the extended version, I'm guessing that there's much more to movie-Radagast than meets the eye and he's going to have quite a significant role to play in the rest of the trilogy.

It's a really amazing piece. Although as I said, I really do like all of them and it's just so great to finally have more Howard Shore Middle-earth music to listen to!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2013, 3:43am

Post #13 of 15 (263 views)
Shortcut
cue Epic Dwarf Travelling Music... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am an artist, and somewhat musically impaired...

...that said, all the stuff that has that "Misty Mountain theme" running through it hits me at the right spot.

And any woman who can hear Misty Mountains Cold, with Richard Armitage's deep resonant voice and not get chills, well...

I love the Lonely Mountain Song, especially the chants and anvils in the background.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 2 2013, 10:15am

Post #14 of 15 (259 views)
Shortcut
Song of the Lonely Mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially on the "special" soundtrack. It's a beautiful extended version.
I also like The Misty Mountains, Radagast the Brown, Roast Mutton and My Dear Frodo a lot.
Ooh, and Blunt the Knives! I sang along and stomped my feet every time in the movie...

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Mar 2 2013, 10:20am)

dik-dik
Lorien

Mar 3 2013, 9:57pm

Post #15 of 15 (531 views)
Shortcut
For me it's Misty Mountains Cold, hands down... [In reply to] Can't Post

... It's haunting, and has been stuck in my head for weeks. If it's really really sung by the actual cast, then thumbs up for them from me.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.