Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Questions that need answering: Mapping Middle-Earth

HUnewearl

Jan 11 2013, 5:45am

Views: 226
Shortcut
Questions that need answering: Mapping Middle-Earth Can't Post

In my geography class, the final project is to create a thematic map. My idea was to draw a map that shows the movement and migration of the elves in the First Age, or the battles that took place, or maybe both. I am not set on these ideas, but I know I want to do something in the First Age, and they are what I thought of first. Are there any thematic maps that you have wanted to see but nobody has ever made? I am open to ideas. But I need to know if someone has already done maps like these, so I don't create something redundant.
Does anyone know of any artwork by The Professor or Christopher Tolkien that depict Aman? As far as I know there are no existing maps from a direct source, only interpretations. If I were to use someone else's depiction of Aman, whose do you think is most credible, if any?
So far I plan on using the ROTK Appendices and The Silmarillion for information and references. I have only read LOTR, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion. What other works pertain to the events that happen in the First Age? Are there any studies or books not written by Tolkien that have information on the geography or events during this time? This is my first time really delving into the history, and it would be helpful to get a little direction.
I have always wanted to contribute to the Tolkien community, and now is my chance. It is my wish that my map is as accurate as possible, so it would be great to get feedback from the experts on this forum. I want to do justice to The Professor.
Note: I am not using this forum as a means to cheat, copy, or get you guys to do my work! I am looking for inspiration, direction, and constructive evaluations of my project!
Another Note: This map is not due until March, progress will be slow. But I will try and keep you guys updated. Thank you! Heart

Subject User Time
Questions that need answering: Mapping Middle-Earth HUnewearl Send a private message to HUnewearl Jan 11 2013, 5:45am
    A good resource for you Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 11 2013, 5:55am
        This book looks awesome. HUnewearl Send a private message to HUnewearl Jan 11 2013, 6:16am
    Map of Aman Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jan 11 2013, 10:32am
        Mapping Aman HUnewearl Send a private message to HUnewearl Jan 11 2013, 8:16pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.