Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 11 2013, 5:37am

Views: 191
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Can't Post

Welcome to the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond! Our There and Back Again challenge (see links below) is moving along, and our TORn walkers, runners, bikers, dancers and so on are making it happen. So here's an invitation to those of you who've made exercise-related resolutions: join us on the Walk! Choose your favorite route through Middle Earth and your exercise, join in on the challenge, use the links below to convert your activity each week to miles, and watch how far you travel!

There and Back Again
Group Challenge Progress

Cumulative miles: 10646.34
Miles along the journey: 709.76
Miles out of Rivendell: 312.76

We're on the forest trail in Mirkwood. Keeping very much on the trail. No deviations to the right or left. Not even a toe off the trail, nosirree, not nohow!

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 0
Cumulative miles: 437
Goal: There and Back Again!

I got in some good mileage before Christmas, but over the holidays, I succumbed to the busyness of the season. sigh. Which means I missed a couple of folks who dropped in. So I'll take the time now to say, “Hi, silneldor and JRandomRohirrim! Sorry I missed you and stop by again soon!”

Beamer's progress:
Miles covered this week: 5
Cumulative miles: 421
Goal: Group Challenge

Beamer's back in dance classes after her Winter break, and with the change in semesters, she's now in PE (physical education), so she'll be getting some more activity each week - yay!

Arandiel

The Scoop on the Walk
The TORn Walk to Rivendell thread meets right here on Main, on Thursdays.
Learn about TORn's There and Back Again Challenge

The Eowyn Challenge/Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) is a Middle-Earth-related fitness group that began in March 2003, and has been going on with walkers around the world ever since. TORn's Walk is open to all people and healthy types of activity. Please visit the Eowyn Challenge site, especially the main page and the Walk page, for more information. Useful links, including mileage charts compiled by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad, are on the Tools page.
grammaboodawg's awesome site for Bilbo's return mileages from the Lonely Mountain to Bag End, some helpful activity conversion charts, and the Walk to Rivendell's TORn-up Postcards
Notta's Super-Duper Walking-Equivalents Chart
Eowyn Challenge Login Page to register miles

If you use the Eowyn Challenge site to track your progress, please update your mileage via the login page, and be sure to keep a backup record, in case Warg attack, Wizard-induced blizzard, or other fell calamity causes the Shields page to crash.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - getting thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit from Bag End to the Lonely Mountain by December 2012; and the same Hobbit and Wizard back to Bag End by December 2013

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Subject User Time
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 11 2013, 5:37am
    Howdy Arandiel, Beamer and All!! Happy New Year! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 11 2013, 10:27am
        You can do it! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 11 2013, 4:31pm
    This might be a little different Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 11 2013, 7:32pm
        An ambitious project - Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 11 2013, 8:08pm
            Finished week four just minutes ago! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 11 2013, 10:04pm
    Hi! ShyElf Send a private message to ShyElf Jan 12 2013, 6:20am
        PolymaWhosie-Whatsis? Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 12 2013, 8:45pm
            Thanks so much Arandiel! ShyElf Send a private message to ShyElf Jan 14 2013, 4:25am
    My dog's been sick so sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Jan 13 2013, 12:34pm
        I'm glad she's better, and Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 14 2013, 7:23pm
    Week 2 Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews Jan 13 2013, 8:24pm
        Don't say what? Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 14 2013, 7:25pm
    Walk to Rivendell : There and Back Again Eowyn3 Send a private message to Eowyn3 Jan 16 2013, 7:43pm
        Welcome, Eowyn3! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 17 2013, 4:01am
            There and Back Again Eowyn3 Send a private message to Eowyn3 Jan 18 2013, 12:01am
                Many of us update once a week, Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 18 2013, 6:29am
    we're holed up for the winter.... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jan 16 2013, 8:55pm
        Oh, hi, weaver! *waves excitedly* Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jan 17 2013, 4:04am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.