Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
My Hobbity Birthday

ospreylad
The Shire

Jan 10 2013, 4:36am

Post #1 of 14 (208 views)
Shortcut
My Hobbity Birthday Can't Post

I just wanted to share with you all, my awesome birthday in Hobbiton. My Wife treated me to my fifth visit to the beautiful Shire for my birthday, and much to my surprise, arranged with the tour guide(Sam(wise)) for the tour party that we were with to sing Happy Birthday to me on the Party Field (ever so slightly embarrassed).
We finished of the tour in the Green Dragon where being the birthday boy I got a pint ('it comes in pints, I'm getting one of those') of cider,which along with the other beers is brewed exclusively for the Green Dragon. The drink is included as part of the tour now, so everyone got one although they only got a half.
I've got to say that it was the best birthday that I have had for many a year, so a big thanks to my Wife for arranging it all.
If any of you get the chance, Hobbiton is a must see, even put it on your bucket list.
Just take a look at the photo that I have attached and you will see some of the incredible detail in the pub, and the cider was pretty tasty too.
Attachments: green dragon3.jpg (48.1 KB)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2013, 7:52am

Post #2 of 14 (112 views)
Shortcut
That sounds (and looks) amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing, Smile And Happy Birthday! SmileSmile

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 10 2013, 10:21am

Post #3 of 14 (102 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I hope I can visit New Zealand sooner rather than later.

Beren0nehanded
Bree

Jan 10 2013, 3:27pm

Post #4 of 14 (92 views)
Shortcut
Very neat! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fifth visit?! So so so jealous!

And Happy Birthday Smile

Don't be hasty.

elentari3018
Lorien

Jan 10 2013, 3:58pm

Post #5 of 14 (76 views)
Shortcut
5 Times! [In reply to] Can't Post

wow what a treat!
WIsh you many happy returns and glad you got to experience that-- you have a wonderful wife! =)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 10 2013, 5:27pm

Post #6 of 14 (72 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday ospreylad! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a lovely present from your wife. So as this was your fifth visit, I take it your wife is a 'Tolkien enabler'? Cool

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

RangerLady23
Lorien

Jan 10 2013, 8:09pm

Post #7 of 14 (84 views)
Shortcut
Hobbity Birthday [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart Heart Heart Sooooo.jealous man! That must have been awesome! Hope I get to go "There and Back again" Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 11 2013, 12:00am

Post #8 of 14 (65 views)
Shortcut
Hey! Did you know you've got a hobbit strapped to your back? [In reply to] Can't Post

What a fantastic Birthday!!! PERFECT! Yeah... give your lovely wife a hug for that one :D

Happy Happy Birthday, ospreylad!

gramma's The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey Line Party Report & Review
and first draught of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 11 2013, 12:17am

Post #9 of 14 (62 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds wonderful!! I really hope to go there someday!

Say, were you allowed to take pics or videos of Hobbiton? Just so I know if I'll be allowed to take pics whenever I do finally get there. ^_^

ospreylad
The Shire

Jan 11 2013, 12:37am

Post #10 of 14 (61 views)
Shortcut
My Hobbity Birthday [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah you can take pics and vids, I managed to take over 900 pics this time because the guide had challenged the group to beat the record of 1109. I didn't manage it and I was taking random photos of everything, but you get plenty of opportunities during the tour to take pics. The tour now lasts 2 hours which includes a drink in the Green Dragon.

ospreylad
The Shire

Jan 11 2013, 12:39am

Post #11 of 14 (61 views)
Shortcut
My Hobbity Birthday [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the birthday wishes.Smile

silneldor
Half-elven

Jan 11 2013, 1:40am

Post #12 of 14 (59 views)
Shortcut
It looks like you had a time [In reply to] Can't Post

down there for your BirthdaySmile.

Thanks for the picture. That is really Cool.

ImetLEGOLAS
Rivendell

Jan 13 2013, 5:09pm

Post #13 of 14 (47 views)
Shortcut
Happy Belated! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds so awesome! Glad you had a ball! :)

I MET ORLANDO!!! And Sir Ian Mckellen, Andy Serkis and Peter Jackson!!! Elves taught trees!!!

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 16 2013, 10:06pm

Post #14 of 14 (48 views)
Shortcut
raises a pint... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm late to your party, but happy birthday to you!

Thanks for the photo -- my odds of ever getting to NZ are very slim, so photos like these are always a treat to see.

Here's to you and your family and happy adventuring in the year to come.

Weaver

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.