Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
how to get to one's profile from Main Index

Chopsta123
Gondor

Jan 10 2013, 1:42am

Post #1 of 6 (113 views)
Shortcut
how to get to one's profile from Main Index Can't Post

I might be missing something but how exactly do I display my profile without searching one of my posts and clicking on my username?

I know its just one less click but I always wondered if I just missed something because the button Edit Profile just takes me to where I can edit my profile, but I dont see a Profile button.

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 10 2013, 1:53am

Post #2 of 6 (115 views)
Shortcut
The way I do it is to click on "Who's Online" and then click my name in that list [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems a little easier than searching for a post.

Of course, this doesn't work if you are 'invisible.' :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 10 2013, 4:19am

Post #3 of 6 (220 views)
Shortcut
That's probably the fastest way [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering you'd always be on Who's Online if you were here wanting to look at your profile. Sly

But, you're right, it wouldn't work for those who've chosen to be invisible to regular users (us Admins have special glasses Cool).

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 10 2013, 2:35pm

Post #4 of 6 (101 views)
Shortcut
I want the special glasses [In reply to] Can't Post

that makes some things invisible! :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Chopsta123
Gondor

Jan 10 2013, 4:22pm

Post #5 of 6 (82 views)
Shortcut
oh ok thought there was a special button [In reply to] Can't Post

so how much do those glasses cost?

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2013, 6:46pm

Post #6 of 6 (261 views)
Shortcut
No money, just time and effort lovingly spent towards a worthy cause. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.